The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Stupid Tiburon Owners

Old 03-12-2006, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

Ok... I work at Sears Auto Center and today ran into a "modified" 97 tib. From afar it looked alright. 17's. lowered...

well, I was the one to work on it. The car was lowered via cutting the coils. gooood job. Left front wheel bearing pretty much falling out. rear drums painted a COOL red.... and, his 17s were on the car WHILE having captive rotors. so, the wheels weren't sitting on the hub. ingenius..

well, he came in because of a vibration problem. hmmm... could it be the fact the rims aren't on the hub?! hmmmm. I dunno. well, I start to take the left front rim off and the first lug nut just stops dead in its tracks. anyone would know that if you continue to take it off, that the stud is gonna snap and break off. so, I stopped, told my manager and he told me to lower it and not to work on it anymore...

I wrote down everything that was wrong w/ the vehicle (and I also put our website on there). I start workin on other cars and when he comes back to the store I talk to him about what happened, mention how those wheels shouldn't even be on the car... he starts b1tchin like you wouldn't believe. He used to work there and was tryin to use that to his advantage. I walk away and pretty much let management take over. The way he's tryin to get it, he expects us (Sears) to pay for his studs. he already had one broken when he came in. he probably would have needed all of them replaced... Anyone who works in a tire environment knows how it works... The way it is, is if the stud(s) break coming off, the customer is responsible unless the previous work was done at your store. well, that wasn't the case, so he would have to pay.

He was pretty much trying to get something for nothing. Sears Loss Prevention (pretty much store security) ended up coming over to try to take care of things, that didn't work. So the local police department came over and tried settling it. I heard an officer say, "you can do one of 2 things, leave or have the car towed out."

In the end, he left w/ the left front wheel wobblin like crazy and he is permanently banned from the store. He was asked to leave originally, he didn't... thus. trespassing.

Seriously... why do you think the studs are stripped/broken? The freakin' wheels were being supported by the studs and not the hub. and then he wants us to pay for it. Yea. Right...

what an idiot. grrrrrrrrr

oh, and be on the look out. haha. he may sign up...

blowup.gif
Old 03-12-2006, 04:02 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

LOL That's hilarious.

I like that last part though. He's prolly reading this right aboooouuuuut.................NOW!!!!!! LOL
Old 03-12-2006, 04:05 PM

*sigh* Having Captive rotors does suck.... but wow, maybe he was just having a bad day(laugh.gif).
Old 03-12-2006, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

what an idiot... you try to help the guy out and end up callin' the cops. how old was this kid?! and how the hell did he used to work at sears before and didn't know about how rotors work?
Old 03-12-2006, 04:23 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

no no no...

we called the cops because he was trespassing. we asked him to leave and he wouldn't.

he's like 30somethin. 2 kids. moron. yup
Old 03-12-2006, 04:28 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Ouch. That makes it sooooo much worse. His kids will prolly shape up the same way. Too bad.