The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

State Patrol Sux... Must Be End Of Year Quotas...

Old 12-08-2006, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys i live in wisconsin and i guess it most be that time of year for the end of year quotas for to get filled by our fine stat patrol men. well i got pulled over today for probably the stupidest thing ever, "following to closely". now heres the story so i was geting onto hwy i39 going towards south from school. well this guy cuts in front of me ever before i get onto the hwy cause looky there a state patrol man. so im following these 2 other cars and we pass the state patrol... not till after i pass them do they pull out, then the ppl in front of me slow way the hell down like 64, 65 so if i pull out and pass them he'll get me for "speeding". well after a mile and a half of following me he turns his lights on and s*** so i pull over and he comes and asks me if i know why he pulled me over? i told him straight out NO cause umm well i didnt do anything wrong. but i suppose he could see FROM BEHIND ME that i was following the car ahead of me "to closely" and that my exhaust sounded "pretty loud". so im like w/e ok let me go. but no he gives me a $186 ticket 3 points of my liscence (i only had 3 left) and gives me a warning for a "amplified exhaust" so yeah tell me if thats not BS or not considering i had car length or more between me and the car i was following and it was perfectly dry out, oh yeha and the patrol was right on my a** for the mile and a half like i couldnt see there front plate close.
so yeah hopefully the tib dont get taken away for all this.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

totally BS. take it to court. "following to closely" is a judgement call. there's no way they know without a reasonable doubt how far you are away from the person infront of you
Old 12-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I wish they would pull more people over for that. I freaking hate when someone is tailgating me. Most of the time I wash there windshields for them until they get the point and backoff.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

"slow way the hell down"

to 65 miles per hour?...

you probably deserved it. if you have a modified car dont do extra shit to draw attention to yourself and they wont pull you over. also you only had 3 points left, makes me feel like your prone to this kinda stuff for a reason.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundia/Tiburon Fx

Talk about quota??? How about this one Mass State cops can now get 1hr overtime for every ticket they giveout....... Now tell me..Hummmm Christmas time = need of extra cash. How many needless tickets do you think are being given out????
Old 12-08-2006, 10:02 PM

I know in many cases it is impossible to do.. but you are supposed to leave a car length for every 10mph.

I also hate it when people slow WAY down when they see a cop. Makes me look bad when I have the cruise set for 70 and people drop to 60 when passing a cop and it appears that I am crawling up somebody arse
Old 12-08-2006, 10:04 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

easy to fight, plead innocent and tell the judge that the person ahead of you slowed down because he saw the cop, this made it look like you were up his ass...
Old 12-09-2006, 08:22 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

haha, i was pulled over last night also by a VA Beach cop. Got out of it though cause i applied to join the force.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:14 AM

yeah im fighting it for sure. and i only had 3 points left cause that stupid GDL stuff.. i got 2 speeding tickets for 10 over but since the second one doubles the points lost... but yeah thats me cruise at 70 and then these guys freak out and slam the breaks. oh and one of my frends called me and said the were doing 80 past me pulled over and someone passed them while going by me soo yeah w/e i was just pissed about all this.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:06 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

In the UK 'following too closely' is regarded as tailgaiting, and you can lose you license for it on the spot.

And yes you americans do drive too close to one another and thats why there are pile ups all the time.

Only a fool breaks the two second rule.