The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Spray Paint, Im Not Going To Huff It!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

see, that's where you need my home depot skills.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Caj Darkmoon @ Oct 23 2008, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just turned 22 and I get carded for paint actually about as often as beer, it's a coin flip.</div>

Grow some facial hair....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrS0NvS @ Oct 23 2008, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm suprised they dont take your name down and ask for I.D. in PA if you are buying rubbers, wait, they probably do. lmao.gif</div>

Not yet but this damn gov of ours will try to do that next...

Old 10-23-2008, 08:58 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>In a way, thank god for rural, boring america</div>

I live in the country with trees and farm fields. Although town is only about 10 miles away.

Its just big stores like walmart and lowes checking on you just to cover themselves from some kind of lawsuit.

I'm 29 and still get carded sometimes for smokes and beer and they always say sorry its the law if you look young we have to check.

This is usually after I shave though lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>bureaucratic OCD soccer mom</div>

lmao.gif lmao.gif
Old 10-23-2008, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

^^^ yeah , good ole wally world made me show me DL for a pack of smokes here the other day. they started a new store policy that if you look like you are under 40, good lord, that you have to show I.D., i'm 35.

I sent my 13 year old son into wally world to get a can of spray paint here last weekend. they didnt give him any hassles.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:30 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Here is a photochop from today's fark.com contest

This is what they're worred about.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (likeyoumeanit @ Oct 23 2008, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I know its the law, its just really annoying that I have to be punished cause people want to destroy their brains, the tagging I can understand, but I really dont care if someone wants to fry them self. If they want me to stay out of trouble they shouldn't make it harder to get paint than drugs and alcohol.</div>

Right, they are punishing you, that was why that law was passed.

I wish Americans could learn to look past their individual freedoms once in awhile and see that sometimes, doing something for the greater good of all is RIGHT.

You aren't being punished, you can get someone to buy the paint for you, and still use it, you just can't buy it on your own.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:55 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Good God, If thats what your face looks like, what the hell does in inside of his lungs look like?

Restricting ones right to buy a product because another individual misuses it is a fine line. The age of personal responsibility is gone. Its not just paint anymore. Its a long list of things 'To protect our children'. Super Glue, cleaners, bottle of rubbing alcohol, fingernail polish remover.

Do you know how much hell i had to raise to buy 2 bottles of Nyquil one time because some jackass kid with bad parents was out trying to get drunk of it? The wording i used on the district manager was a bit harsh ( " Listen you litte F$@#$, i dont like this shit as it is, im sure the hell not going to chug an entire bottle of it you twit. Im tired and i don't feel good, so just give me both damn bottles.) I left promptly in case he called the cops with my two bottles.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:28 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

they didnt sell it to you because that clerk is super gun-ho about his minium wage position. some people get reall into thier work even if the work is stupid.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^ no, he sold it to me, it just took some persuasion...

I didn't say that the law was passed to punish me, I just put a value on personal freedom and believe that along with that goes responsibility and accepting the consequences of your own actions. Yes you can make meth out of medicine and cleaning products, I know how to and I'm sure other people here do as well, that doesn't mean I automatically have to go cook some up and give it to children.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I've never been carded for paint, but medicine a lot before I was 18.