The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Speed Factor Turbo Kit Gripe

Old 08-09-2005, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow, rusting allready?

I wouldn't recommend anyone buy anything made by tim.

Not even a gold brick.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

well no offense but the welds are good, everythign is high quality metal just not stainless steel. which means rust unless you paint it or seal it. its like headers, paint it or jet hot, or it will rust. told you its just surface rust, nothing more.

also, you highly recommended this kit when i bought it, so dont flip sides, just cuz u dont like tim anymore. if you dont like him its fine, not my deal but dont say dont buy from him when 2 months ago u were "its an awesome deal get it!"
Old 08-10-2005, 06:58 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Aug 10 2005, 02:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wouldn't recommend anyone buy anything made by tim.

Not even a gold brick.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

lol it would be a brick of gold with copper welded together under it and the gold would be flaking off
Old 08-10-2005, 10:14 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

come on guys let him sell his stuff. just a few months ago it would have been nothing but praise in here for speed-factors kits.

I'm not saying I agree with everything tim's done around here but it's not 00tibby's fault. Just let him sell his stuff. Sure theirs going to be fitment issue's it's custom stuff. my manifold didn't fit the first time but it was used so it obviously fit on someone else's tib (deestibo's).

btw, redz, if this was any other thread and someone came in and said what you and faith said you'd be warning them. I know you guys are angry with tim but don't take it out on 00tibby.

00tibby, how much do you want for just that ic? mine's roughed up. sad.gif (hehe bought it like that for like ... 20 bucks) if you give me a good deal i might have a reason to replace it!
Old 08-10-2005, 10:20 AM

thanks man. um i wanna try to sell the kit first. if it doesnt sell as a kit i will consider parting it out then.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:33 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

offtopic.gif

I know i went off topic sorry double 0
good luck selling the kit i think its a good price and if i had the money i would jump on it also
Old 08-10-2005, 10:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, fact is TIM is banned from these forums for his practices and childishness. It's known that he makes crap products. I wouldn't have warned anyone else for saying the same thing, as it's simply true, and everyone knows it. It WAS a good deal for all that was included, and yes, I did recommend it, but then everything else with Tim's horrible service and shitty products came to light.

Fact is fact.

Also, I don't need anyone of you guys telling mods or admins of this site what to do. I will advise anyone on this site AGAINST a shitty product, as I always have.

Best of luck selling it.

The rest of you keep it on topic, warnings will be issued.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:26 PM

no, i have had no issues with his products, you havent bought from him. most ppl complain aobut the wait time and him never shipping stuff, however i have all the parts and stuff so thats not an issue. the welds look good and solid. there is nothing wrong with this parts. please do not listen to redz as he is very anti tim now and has never bought a turbo from him.

as i said the ONLY issue i have is the downpipe isnt low enough, the downpipe will be shipped to tim tomorrow or friday for fixing. will have it back next week. i had this kit ON the car. no fitment issues, that arent fixed. so dont listen to ppl who are going by word of mouth listen to a person who has it on the car, but never turned on.

redz, im tired of your hating tim effecting ppls opinion of this awesome kit, so please do not post here. this is not a tim topic, this a turbo kit topic. i dont care about tim being banned, and dont wanna hear it.

the reasons im selliing have nothing to do with fitment. i need money for college and someone backed into my car and i have to pay all 1800 bucks worth of damages, even though its not my fault. i dont have time for this or the money. now please stop doubting the kit as i saw it freakin installed and will post up pics of it installed later tonight.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

WTF???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>i dont have hope nemore i think where gonna honeslty get screwed which really pisses me off, ive been screwed by all the custom work so far... tims kit, fit like shit.. honeslty i wouldnt invest any money in a speedfactor kit again..</div>

you said it yourself, not us.

mods of this forum, please split the gripes in this topic to vendors or something.