The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Speed-factor Complaints & Feedback

Old 06-23-2005, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<span style="color:red">Moderator Edit : This topic was split from another, please understand that Random did NOT start this thread.</span>

I am by NO MEANS saying TIM, the man behind Speed-Factor is a bad person. TIM IS A GREAT GUY! I've had dinner with him, drank with him, and I've met his wife (and she's one hell of a lady too!). I respect him as a person, and respect his knowledge. No one here is doubting HIM as a person. His business/customer service skills, well that's another matter.

SpeedFactor hasn't been meeting their customer service side of the deal. Tim NOW admits that. However, it had come to this (public humilation in this forum) to make him admit that.

I'm simply bringing it out into the open, so that MORE folks don't end up in the situation that folks have in the past/are currently in. Waiting for parts, and heard one reason/excuse after another as to why their parts haven't shipped/missed their ship date.

I'm not saying anything to belittle Tim or make him look "bad". He did that on his own with what he has said, and not said, and by what he has and hasn't done.

Did I probably piss TIM off? Yeah, probably. But I hope he realizes that I did it for the right reasons. Not because I'm mad at him, or don't like him. (I'm not mad at Tim, and I DO like him) I did it so YOU GUYS OUT THERE know what's going on, so you all can make an INFORMED decision as to if/when you want to place your order with Speed Factor.

Now... can we just all get along? wavey.gif
Old 06-23-2005, 01:58 AM

ok f*** this

You leaving comments on the forum a week ago about me... disturbed me..

You leaving comments on my galery... annoyed me

You leaving me a stupid message... pissed me off

Sorry man.. its too late

I backed you up longer than anyone on this site. I was your R&D car, (like it or not) a good portion of your customer service, and i pointed more people than you can imagine towards your way.

I have stopped all communication with you simply because im tired of doing business with you. Like everyone else.. i was tired of waiting... and im tired of looking bad becuase of your bad customer service.

Waiting is one thing... being lied to is another.
How many times have you told people i need flanges, one more week, theres always delays.
f***.. how many times have you told people their manifold is ready, and then you tell them you need turbo flanges.
If your going to lie.. atleast keep your story straight.

Out of all people.. i should be on the top of the list as to who "not to piss off"

Would you really want me to tell people about my speed factor experience?
Do you?

Well let me give the broad details

Do you really want me to tell people about the amount of oil my car was leaking after leaving your place (1 quart every 45 min), or about my exhaust falling off on the highway on my way back to los angeles, or how about you lying to me and telling me my car was almost ready and after driving all the way over there (6-7 hours) only to find your about half way done, or how about when i pick it up after driving back to LA then BACK to your place (read the falling exhaust part), or how about me picking the car up only to find my exhaust only half welded (i had to smell fumes on my way back to LA) and oil still drippin like crazy (those two could have been deadly if i was driving in the desert DURING THE DAY luckly i drove at night, or how about my brother being inconvenience the whole time with his family down one car cause i had to borrow it to get my ass home, or how about when you said you would hook me up with free charge piping to get rid of the crappy R&D pipes and so it could match my speedfactor manifold that i was finally going to get only for you to end up CHARGING me for them, or how about you doing my setup with cheap cuplers that were not high heat then leaving the charge piping touching the downpipe and then it heating up the pipe and melting the cupler on my way home from your house, or how about those slimfans you sold me that you claimed were just as good as flexalites only for me to find out they are close to OEM replacements from auto zone, or how about one of my fuel lines having some slices and it giving out on me in the middle of the desert in the middle of the night funny how those cuts were near the aftermarket fuel regulator, or how about you telling me my new setup was done except you were waiting for the turbo only for you to tell me a month later you needed more turbo flanges (wtf i thought my stuff was ready), or how about you using randoms turbo manifold without his permission or knowing on my setup and me finding out after he approached me about it,...... i can get into details...

My speed factor experience sucked ass... and i actually regreted going turbo at times.. Ive gone through blown engines, blown transmissions, yet the only thing i tell people i regret is going turbo...

Look man
Your a great guy with a great family... but your service sucks ass... sorry.

I can no longer help you out when you keep lying to people.... If you cant keep up with orders.. STOP TAKING ORDERS... if your a one man show, work at your capacity.

Sorry man.. but me continually pointing people towards your direction not only made me look bad, it affected my credibility, it reflected on the forums i represented, and it overall just made the hyundai aftermarket look as shady as we have all seen it before.

But anyways..
Im done venting..

I stayed quiet too long and just had too much to say.. I was someone you should have NOT mentioned in this thread.
Dont use my name to support your business again... sorry.. ive done enough service for speed factor, yet all along im the one that was dicked around the most.

Great.. now my nephew woke up for the second night in a row because im on the net.. mad.gif

Just incase someone thinks im talking out of my ass..

Notice how my speed factor setup was sporting onpols old manifold (which belonged to random)
Funny how no one ever asked about it...

The end of my downpipe.. .the funny thing is,... this is AFTER he fixed it. Notice he left something on the inside and he also welded the bolts so i could not remove it.. i had to saw my downpipe off.

Here let me kill two birds with one stone so i dont piss off redzman for posting too many f***en pictures
Notice not only is my downpipe heating up my charge pipe... which melted my cheap cupler in the desert on my way home (dont ask how i fixed that to get home)
If you look closely.. you can see all the nice oil under the oil pan

Heres the nice fan... that stopped working within a month because you installed it with the wiring TOUCHING the hot side of the turbo...

Ok... how about a funny one
Remember how you got my dump pipe to fit?
No..
Here let me remind you

Thats it.. im tired of it..
Dont be mad at me.. this is YOUR work.. Im just a patient loyal customer that you managed to piss off over the last two years..

Im i out of line?
No...

You have no clue how much shit i had to go through because of the speed factor experience..

Not only do i regret it.. i feel like a fool for recommending sooooo many people towards your way. I thought you would have changed your ways by now.. guess not.

Oh and for the manifold that i received a year and a half AFTER i paid for it...
http://photos.random00.com/displayim...album=54&pos=3
The ports are too small, off center, and completely fvck up air flow...

For the amount of time i waited.. i should have received something spectacular.

Do i have a reason to be mad? I think so...
Anyways.. im done with this.

Please dont call me, i have nothing to say. I would appreciate if people stop asking me about speed factor or my experience... what i wrote here is enough..
Old 06-23-2005, 02:53 AM

This shit will be locked because I do not want to see any fighting.

I should warn Tim for shit you said, but it doesn't make any difference. So, I'll just leave this locked.

Please no more arguing. Take it outside of the forums.

Thanks

OP
Old 06-23-2005, 08:52 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Okay, unlocked.

Keep it civil here, and keep it to the point.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Waiting for maifold, pics, or refund.
Here's my story: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=8139

Paid $725 on January 18, 2005
Old 06-23-2005, 09:25 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Speed-Factor @ Jun 23 2005, 01:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Humm showing the first kit ever, good for you. Yes it sucked and that was the very first one ever. I have learned alot and now I have the BEST kit in the market. Plain and Simple. If you don't think so show me another kit for the price that will produce numbers.</div>

First of all... Your manifold still looks the same. The ports still do not match,...

Best kit out there? The only kit worse is the CNK kit... cause people never got it.

You get what you pay for.. and thats the bottom line.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Now try and dig up some photos like the ones above, oh wait there isn't any. And your manifold was not finished off on the inside because you just had to have it for a ricer show.</div>
Are you insane?
Did you really expect me to give you ANOTHER year and a half? I waited too long for my manifold... so if you STILL didnt have it ready, your just proving my point.

Also.. that ricer show was hot import nights, which i didnt end up attending...

Either way.. your missing the WHOLE fvckin point.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>You my friend have issue's bigger than turbo it is called you need to learn how to build a car before you doing anything else.</div>
What does my car have to do with you having fvcked up customer service?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I will give my Jaws fiasco when i got a supposed complete tranny, and come to find out I had to hound him for 2-3weeks to get the parts out to me, and I still ended up having to dish out money even tho I was getting a complete tranny.</div>
Ok you got a 2002 elantra tranny with about 15-20K for 150 dollars... AND random shipped it to you for FREE. All that was missing was the fork, a mount, and a lever.
Do you still think you got a bad deal?
Find a junkyard that would even TOUCH my deal.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Your services sucks too so I don't want to here that BS. Should I go back to when you were supposed to be sending tibbychick her sub box, still don't think she has ever got it.</div>
Big difference...
You have peoples money.. i dont have hers.. also.. a turbo kit is a lot easier to ship then a big ass box thats supposed to cover up the whole trunk.

Sorry for being honest.. she hasnt complained...

ALSO.. i dropped the price BIG TIME... so dont try to even bring up my customer service.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I just hope noone actually follows your advice on putting a car together cause they will end up just like you, dead on the side of the road in under 1000 miles.

When you get a car to run for longer than that with a turbo hit me up so I can put your excuse of car to shame on the track, and that is a challenge.</div>
OH REALLY

I have over 100 time slips at 3 different tracks accross southern california. We got vids.. and i got witnesses accross so cal.. anyone in so cal can vouch for me... ive gone to the track with just about everyone here,... so check your facts son. Remember i was a track whore before everything... hmmmm how many times have you gone to the track? Ive filled more bottles then you got time slips...

Once again.. this has nothing to do with your customer service..
Funny how your trying to switch topics. Keep at it...

You just keep proving my point son.

How about you try to back up your customer service instead of trying to throw rocks at my credibility.

Hmmm its funny how many of your manifolds i see for sale by other people... I know im not the only one that was not satisfied...

Also.. if you wanna talk about owned.gif check the pics i posted above and explain them.

Talk about how you allowed your first customer to drive accross the desert with an exhaust hanging on by 3-4 beeds, with oil leaking out like crazy, cheap cuplers (one which melted), charge piping without beeds, and overall a kit that even R&D tuning (company that was working on the new tib drag car) described as subpar.

Your kit is cheap... but then again its not complete. Ask people how much they spent FIXING parts you sent. Ask them how much they had to INVEST to make it complete.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:46 AM

So far we have really only heard 3 peoples complaints(random, gtr, and jaws) is there anyone else out there? or anyone that can vouch for Speedfactor? i am seroiusly debating about a turbo thinking that speed was one of the best ways to go...am i wrong? how incomplete are the kits?

**nothing against you tim! i personally dont know your service, im sure you have just as many satisfied customers, but if this happens often im not sure if i want to wait so long for parts**
Old 06-23-2005, 09:55 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Only thing I've got to say is look at the vendors section, that's where all the old Speed Factor forum posts went to. It's early in the day, give it some time man.