The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Something Stupid That Annoys Me

Old 02-21-2007, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i mean really. gas station designers must be high off of all the petrol fumes.

how many times do you line up at the pump, only to have a random steel/concrete barrier or structural beam RIGHT outside your god damn door?!?

i have to do some crazy gymnast maneuvers to get out of my car, and im only 5'9 155. i cant even imagine how bigger people can get out without tapping their doors on something.

drives me NUTS!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:39 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yah i know what you mean. im 6'0"

and they never maintanance their pumps, today me and selina were late and we pulled up to a pump to get gas, the damn thing didnt want to read my card for the first 14 swipes, then it read my card but the button for "93 octane" wouldnt work, and the lude needs 93.

So i backed up to the next pump and it had a bag over 93 and 89, ugh, so we went to another gas station.

I pumped my gas and the reciept wouldnt print, and i need the reciept to write it off for taxes, ugh, [/vent]
Old 02-21-2007, 06:06 PM

just imagine the carnage if they did not put enough steel and cement to stop a truck in front of the pumps? One person hitting the gas instead of the brakes could wipe out a good chunk of a city block by destroying a gaspump
Old 02-21-2007, 06:08 PM

i can see that mad, but they can still do a better job taking into consideration where doors are when people stop to pump gas.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:52 PM

I personally love it when the little thing in the nozzle that stops pumping when your tank is full is broken, but you don't find out about it until the gas is pouring out all over your car. Makes me real happy. drillsergeant.gif mad.gif
Old 02-21-2007, 09:04 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah my driver's door definitely has paint chips on the bottom half from that. my friend bent his door backwards because while backing up his door wedged in between the cement. was he pissed! there is so much wrong with everything here but honestly i just came back from baltimore and things could be worse. potholes galore, low class crooks everywhere, boarded up buildings, no city maintenance whatsoever.

you'd love florida man. everything is great there, everything is landscaped at least where my parents are. to tell you the truth that's the next place to get spoiled but the place where we are it's a scene straight out of the 80's. everyone's all chill. most all of the people working in gas stations, fast food, store counters and restaurants are highschool or graduates working on minimum wage. it's great. like from a movie.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Banned

i just pull a lil farther away from the pump and pray that the line is long enough to get to my car.. i almost hit one of them barriers yesterday.. i was almost out of gas, and i was stressing cuz the car was acting up, come to find out, the strut bar knocked off my tps harness..

you could just move to NJ where you aren't even allowed to pump your own gas..
Old 02-22-2007, 12:02 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Feb 21 2007, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yeah my driver's door definitely has paint chips on the bottom half from that. my friend bent his door backwards because while backing up his door wedged in between the cement. was he pissed!</div>

bahaha!! reminds me of tommy boy. "what did you do!!!" lmao.gif
Old 02-22-2007, 12:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I guess I don't understand why you guys all pull so damned close. I've never seen a gas station hose that won't extend to about 10 to 12 feet total (I'm one of those assholes that'll pull up on the wrong side and just pull the hose over the car). So do that. pull up on the opposite side and pull the hose over the car, you won't have anything to worry about.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:23 PM

lol redz ur comment reminded me of this video lmao.gif
gas station