The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Some People Eh?

Old 10-14-2006, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Little story to tell here, chaffs my bum a bit so I thought I would air it (will give TomOTEC a good laugh).

So Tom has been working at a local gas station, he decided to jack it in (quit) last saturday so it was our last chance for giggles there.

So I go over and there is this kid there, late teens..

Insight - This kid had a porsche carrera for his 16th birthday (blown engine in the end) and a titan truck for his graduation. So he got the truck lifted and had all kinds of screens and stuff in there, and then decided to chop it in (trade) for $4k cash (to him) and a awd 400+ bhp eclipse.

So he drives the eclipse off the lot and realises it has some serious issues.. Takes it to the gas station (mechanic shop there) and gets them to look over it.. Couple of driveshafts are wrecked, so he has the work done and goes to drive it home.

Bear in mind he's been completely conned here.. but couldnt do nothing legally.

So as he goes up the street the engine makes a horrible noise and it ends up back at the shop.

Turns out the crank snapped completely into two pieces lmao.gif

So now he has to pay the mechanic $1000 for labor + all the parts.. Reakon it cost him about 3 grand to get it all done.

And then he says "is this car going to be reliable?" lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif

Has to be one of the funniest most stupid comments I have ever heard.. And when told "you have a racing car, expect it to go wrong every couple of thousand K" he refused to accept this.. He also didnt want to acknowledge that the new parts needed a 500 mile run in.

So, Tom and I have placed a bet that he will either.

A: be dead by the end of the week or
B: will blow it up again.

I will keep you updated lmao.gif
Old 10-14-2006, 12:25 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Id say both.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>chaffs my bum a bit</div>

Yer in emarica now boyy, quit yer british speek! lol
Old 10-14-2006, 05:38 AM

Must be nice to have rich parents.

There was a kid I knew in High School. Leader of the Young Republican's club, wanted to go to harvard to study law, lived in the most expensive town down here at the shore (avalon) and was your basic preppy, yuppie larva kind of kid (mind you, this is late eighties, so Yuppie larva were quite obnoxious at that time) He looked like one of those rich kids named "biff"

Anyway. He started out with a brand new Volkswagon Corrado. Nice car.. he wrecked it in two months and his parents down graded him to a GTI.

The GTI lasted three months before it too died an inglorious death into the side of a pickup.

His parents then decided to get him another Vdub, a "slower" 16v Jetta.. It lasted a couple of weeks.

After three brand new cars.. his parents bought him a used Volvo Turbo. It lasted the longest.. five months... after that, it was a VERY used Volvo 240.

The last time I saw him drive, I was on the parkway going to school, I was in traffic so we were only going about 60mph (55mph speed limits then) and he FLIES by everyone at something approaching 80mph on the right hand shoulder...

We graduated soon after that, so I do not know if that car survived, or even if he did. I do know he did get accepted to Harvard (his Father went there, so he had an in)

So your misguided "friend" there, Pandy, is not alone in his ignorance.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:17 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

yea rich kids really umm...
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pandy @ Oct 14 2006, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>chaffs my bum a bit</div>

there was this rich kind back in highschool though and he had a 2000 tib in the year 2000 with a real veilside kit. now thats rich because u know that kit cost even more when it was first out.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:19 AM

lmao @ my new title.

Im honored lmao.gif
Old 10-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Banned

rich kids suck.. i hate parents who buy their kids brand new vehicles, and when they wreck em, buy another one for em..

thats hilarious about the eclipse. people are so freakin dumb. i hate ignorant people, i really do..

i bet his car will be blown up or in the inpound from racing in the next month or so.. a snapped crank? wtf?
Old 10-14-2006, 10:56 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Oct 14 2006, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Must be nice to have rich parents.</div>

Here'e the thing tho Bruv, it wouldnt lmao.

Firstly I am a pretty intelligent guy (yeah I know Im blowing my own trumpet, but hey you have met me..) and so are you.

We work hard.. Don't live the richest lifestyles but you know what bro? it's all ours and came from the hands on the end of our arms, through hard work.

My tib is mine, I bought it, the title is in my little crooked H book and I have enough money saved now to replace either a broken trans or a broken engine.. I know between us I could get this done myself for little to no cost (food and beer eh? hehe).

So when I take my life into account I look at it like this.

I work about 38-44 hours a week, I own my own car, know how to fix it and keep it purring and don't have any debt.

I can paint, decorate, do electrical work, plumbing and any other kind of building work because I got my hands dirty and learned.
I can work on cars, am bloody good at installing sound gear in cars and kick all ass on computers.

This was all self taught.

Now when you take into consideration that I can do all these things and thus don't have to go to Mr X to get this done and pay out the ass, coupled with my income I am actually very well off.

I spoke with my wife about this once, and I basically summised that if I was working 50 hours a week (like americans so often like to do hehe) and paid to get everything done/fixed in my life because I didnt have the time I would probably be worse off.

I like the school of hard knocks, it forces us to be stronger, better individuals.

Those kids should be sat in a pile of their own pee and crap and made to climb out of it and brush themselves off.

Socks, apparently the eclipse is known for a crappy crank or something..

I dunno, I cant stand the car in honesty, for a 400bhp turbo driven car it sounds horrible.. I like the growl of a 400 brake cosworth motor, nothing beats it smile.gif