The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

So This Kid Just Got An Rd

Old 08-15-2005, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im so sorry. Before I got my Tib there were absolutely no tiburons in my town now there is 2 silver, a tropical green, and a red one (RDs') And then we have like 5 GKs'. I hate all of them, even though their my car, there all stock, mine is the only one w/ anything done to it. mad.gif sad.gif
Old 08-15-2005, 01:24 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

I reckon the guy's in love with you mate... Plain & simple! lmao.gif

In all seriousness though... I'd befriend him & use his car as the guinea-pig for risky &/or unproven performance mods fing02.gif

Edit*: Just make sure he chooses a different colour scheme for his interior & engine bay.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:05 PM

^^ Hahaha!

The thought crossed my mind of using his car as a guinea pig. When he was asking me if he should get AEM or just one of those Weapon-R intakes, it was so tempting to set him towards Weapon-R...but I just can't do that to another RD owner!

BTW, when he was looking for a car he deliberately asked each dealership if they had one in black. But I guess it is not really a bad thing as you all agree. wink1.gif

He is a newbie (strictly speaking) to the tuning world and could use some help. But yes, he just picked up his car two nights ago and is now driving around town showing it off to the world, even though it seems to me like he is just following in my tracks. I actually got in trouble with my friends boyfriend because he thought my car was parked outside of her house the other night lmao.gif

But yeah, his car is stock and I want to take it for a drive sometime soon.. I forget what a stock Tib feels like to drive.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:28 PM

Eh. All of the RD Tibs I've seen around my area are driven by old farts...and most of them have dents and huge scratches. Occasionally, I see a RD Tib driven by some punk.

Which reminds me...there was this time I went down to the Berlin Turnpike, and a couple of us met up with some ricers. One kid ACTUALLY thought his Beta I had CVVT. Then he said, "wait no...it's VVTi"...and claims his daddy, who works at Hyundai, told him. He's on the boards here too...says he never goes on.

I'm sure he's been flamed in the past...probably why he's never on here.
haha.gif
Old 08-15-2005, 08:56 PM

^^ Mines got a few dings and some scratches wink1.gif

*sigh* Tibs got nothing like that... CVVT, VVT, VVTi, or anything similiar. I can see WHY he would be flamed.

Most of the Tibs around here are nice. It is kind of comforting that most of them are stock, so I do not have anything to compete with really.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:31 AM

Well at least the CVVT was closer, that's actually what Hyundai calls it isn't it? (that or just VVT). VVTi is Toyota, MIVEC for Mitsu, and then there's VTEC.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:44 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2kShark @ Aug 14 2005, 03:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Apparently he does not have the rear windshield wiper? WTF?</div>

mine doesnt either lol is there a way to have that put in or is it not worth it
Old 08-16-2005, 09:52 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Veilside Turbulence

theres a saying about copycatting being the highest form of flattery or something, but im baked and burnt right now so's i cannot remember exactly how the saying goes...but w/e man, the kid liked your car so much he bought the first one he found, no offense but I think black is the worst color for tibs. Black hides body lines and the RD's have amazing side lines that the black just makes disapear. There are a TON of tibs in S.Jersey and i never seen them until I started visiting this site.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:18 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (an1m3_fr3ak @ Aug 16 2005, 06:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>no offense but I think black is the worst color for tibs. Black hides body lines and the RD's have amazing side lines that the black just makes disapear.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

black is the best color for Tib! nana.gif
yesno.gif
Old 08-17-2005, 08:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

It looks ok overall, but it really does hide the nice lines. Shadows disappear with black.