The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Snow sucks!

Old 03-13-2005, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow sucks!

Rural snow-covered road 1 - 0
Country Bumpkin-Punk Kids 1 - 0
Myrakkel Tib 0 - 2

I was driving to pickup my boss for work when I lost control in the snow; sleding downhill like a bobsled, out of control and down a nice embankment and across a few ditches. I managed to miss every tree on the way down and just figured I was stuck in the snow and mud and got my boss to climb in his 4 runner and pick me up, since I was half a mile from his home anyways. My boss recently had a stroke and cannot drive on his own so I offer to shuttle him to and from work since we work the same schedule and have the same days off.

Well I decided it is a nice neighborhood so I'd leave it there for the time I was at work and get AAA to pull it out when the sun came up. BAD IDEA!

Appearently some punk kids, just a guess, found it and decided to smash in my driver-side window. They managed to take only the faceplate of my stereo, every CD I owned, my shift knob (wtf), all my interior neons, all my electrical tools, and my 12 pack of mountain dew. I have probly 15 pairs of sunglasses they didn't touch, the seat is SOAKED, they left one CD case with all my burned music in it, and one solo mt. dew for me; I guess.

I didn't manage to scratch any paint or dent any of the body work. There is a small spiderweb in the paint where the bumper kinda bowed in the impact of the ditch, but is minimal. The front axle is snapped. The two front tires are supporting small leaks and nearly flat a day later. I had a bad right shock and possibly tie rod on the right front so I wasn't too upset about this crash.
The battery is dead from the alarm chirping for 9 hours.

I had already budgeted for new wheels and tires so this isnt a problem either.

What really tickles my arse hairs is why the hell would someone take only my stereo face plate, my shift knobs of all things, and leave me a mountain dew on my drivers seat. If they had half a brain wouldn't they just pull out the whole damn stereo unit with the tools they stole from my back seats? Why not just take the whole damn shifter... and while you're in there take the SMT-6, drop down the back seats; take the laptop, the rest of my tools and my daughters car seat. I just don't understand how people think, and why they do the things they do. Obviously these guys are idiots.
The poor cop tried his best not to giggle when he looked into the cab and seen the whole situation.

Ahhh, I vented a bit, feeling better now. Thanks for listening =p
Old 03-13-2005, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Because punk kids don't even know what a smt6 is.
Because punk kids thought you might get thirsty once you relized you got toyed with.
Because punk kids do not know how to uninstall a cd player or a shifter. They just crab what shines at them tongue.gif

Sorry for your misfortune man. At least your major valuables were not taken/damaged. Would of been a biatch to see your car batted on every side.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:38 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

they took a faceplate and not a laptop .. lol
Old 03-13-2005, 12:41 PM

That really sucks man, I hope your insurance is going to cover everything.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:58 PM

Yeah, insurance covered everything but my CD's.

Thank god for Overnet and Kazaa.

I think I'm gonna get a break from the insurance company because they are not going to have to fix my right OEM rim or tires and I have my own paint and supplies; thanks to my wonderful wife and a very gracious Sherwin Williams employee discount.

double post

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019)</div><div class='quotemain'>they took a faceplate and not a laptop .. lol</div>
Guess they didn't realize where the trunk release latch was; I don't believe they actually entered the car. I think they just grabbed anything within an arms reach through the window.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:01 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019)</div><div class='quotemain'>they took a faceplate and not a laptop .. lol</div>
Guess they didn't realize where the trunk release latch was; I don't believe they actually entered the car. I think they just grabbed anything within an arms reach through the window.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:12 PM

chances are they did not know when you were returning, so it was a simple smash and grab....
Old 03-13-2005, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

dude, that really sucks... the laptop not being taken is very cool. lucked out on that

*moved to Gripes*
Old 03-13-2005, 02:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That sucks and you got lucky at the same time... BTW, Sherwin Williams sells automotive paint? Never knew that... LOL.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:15 PM

Yeah Sherwin Williams sells auto paint. An experienced tintist can match most all factory colors. Better yet; the high school and college kids that my wife hires can be easily persuaded to mis-tint a few gallons of paint; at which you can pick up extremely cheap.

So remember, next time you are your local Sherwin Williams outlet ask them if they have any mis-tints for sell and if you can see a color swatch. You may just find a color you like at a price you can afford.

Usually she will sell mis-tints to contractors for anywhere from $1-$3.50 per gallon. I usually pick mine up for $0.25/gallon and a case of Natrual Lite.