The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Seoulfulracing ( Sfr ) Issues Thread.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Being that Kspec and SFR have turned into every other Korean importing company and started seriously screwing their customers, this thread is being started to help log the issues that SFR has ignored, abused, or had PUBLICLY REMOVED from view on the various Hyundai sites.

First, here is the info thread from me when I left, and why.
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=26886&hl=

PLEASE read the entire thing, and see the attitude that Jay, the "owner" of SFR has towards the members of this site, and towards unsolved problems.

Second, my post on NT to try to get in touch with him in public to resolve my parts that were missing, as a MEMBER of SFR, for over a year.
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthrea...d=1#post2523365

As you can see by looking through, there are a TON of quotes from posts deleted from the thread by the staff of NT. If you go to the end and check, Jay finally, instead of sending me the $30 part I paid for, sent me $350 to drop it and shut up. Thanks for the money Jay, but I will NEVER shut up.

THird. Absolutely stunning treatment of a loyal RD member here, 2Uniq. Keep in mind, this is a member that had good experiences with SFR before, and had at this point spent approximately 3 THOUSAND already with SFR, with mixed results. Might want to keep an eye on the actions of the staff there (particularly BMS321, a former member of Crooked H that railed against NT for a LONG time, and now that he's an admin there, acts just like the rest of them).
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142902

So wait... This is just terrible treatment of RDT members right?

Wrong.

Here's the NT members posting with their issues.

2 members waiting for a total of about 8 months to receive emblems or a refund. Note Jay's attitude towards the end.
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=135965

Member with a turbo kit he bought from SFR. While he did have some issues with the quality of the work his mechanics did, look at the way he is treated by SFR, and how he goes for, at some times, over a month without an answer.
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=117164

Member and VENDOR of SFR's waiting for over 6 months so far for an order.
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131169

Member waited for almost 2 months for some simple parts.
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139730

How bout the HUGE wait for intakes?
Over 3 months, still not resolved as of this posting. Another "shipped it again".
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=140664

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138455
^^^
Customer also waited over a month and a half for the rest of his order, and over 3 months for his intake.

While not a total complaint from the customer, this is another example of "LOST" items. In particular, SFR has lost around 14 sets of KDM headlights in the past year in shipping, or so they say. You'll also notice in the below threads, that some have more than one set of "replacements" sent and also "lost" in the mail.
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=140660

You'll also notice that there is a HUGE amount of "LOST EMAILS" and "LOST PM's". I've been a member at NT since the beginning and have never lost a PM. It's amazing that the members there don't "lose" PM's or "not get them", but the vendors sure as hell do, don't you think?

Latstly, for those that don't know, SFR and other vendors at NT can request to have a member banned just because they want to. Check this thread out.
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?act=fin...&pid=373610

This is my initial post, as I can't log in at NT to go through more threads (yeah, all of this is from the FIRST page of threads in SFR's forums) so tomorrow when I can access more, I will post more at that time.

Also, keep in mind that SFR has been removed from not only RDTiburon.com , but from CrookedH.com .

Here's why. Simply amazing that this company is still in business.
http://forum.crookedh.com/showthread.php?t=4621
http://forum.crookedh.com/showthread.php?p=68052
http://forum.crookedh.com/showthread.php?t=4263
^^^
Keep in mind, this is one of the site ADMINS he's talking to here.

Again, a small sampling, but I think, to the member that wasn't aware of SFR's policies and attitudes towards...

A. Americans.
B. Its customers.
C. RDTiburon.com members.

... that it's a valuable lesson to learn.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:13 AM

Red zman:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw4lubu
[first of all i asked jay before i even bought the kit and he said it will work. plus the kit was under 2002-2006 tibs. 2nd the shop is good and they know what they are doing. and the pictures were just testing we didnt clean it up yet. 3rd i meant the hose not the pipe on the wastegate where is the vacuum like that connects to the wastegate.]

And your point? It DOES work on your car, if installed properly, and you didn't have it installed properly.

What is the name of this "Certified Honda Mechanic"? I'd love to contact him or look up some info on this "shop".

ANY mechanic that installs something for you, and ends up with LEFTOVER PARTS, and DOES NOT ASK ABOUT THEM, needs to be drawn and quartered.

I mean...

Quote: dont know the original poster
[Hey, your kit is installed, it's running way rich and we have this spare sensor that came with it, but it probably wouldn't do anything.]

Last Turbo Install I saw go like this was a local place that installed a Alpine kit onto a friends 01 Tiburon. He blew the engine on his way home and brought it back, and they had a box full of spare parts from the install that they didn't know went where.

I'm just awestruck. At least they somehow managed to get the manifold/turbo/piping on right.
not to get off topic or aim this at you too much, but you had your share of your ways when you WERE with SFR, backing them up. now you see. my mechanics know their hondas inside out. the splicing of the wires were temporary only, since it was 3AM we wanted to see if the car would turn on and work, if it worked we would cut the crimps out solder it, shrink wrap it, and cover it up with plastic tubing. as for the fuel return line, that tube doesnt fit ANYWHERE on my car.

as far as the SFR kit goes, it does not work for 2003+. it is only a bolt on if your car is map based.
for converting, i did convert maf to map correctly, still didnt work.

and left over parts? the only left over parts i had was the return line that didnt fit anything. my car doesnt even come with a fuel regulator stock!

so therefore it was installed properly without the instructions that was SUPPOSED to be given to me with the kit.

oh yeah btw the manual boost controller was broken and didnt work, and i know for a fact because i also tried it on another car that had a manual controller and his worked.

anyways i figured out the problems and running the car i just need to get it tuned. i wasted all my money on sfr and didnt get even close to the claimed 300whp.

friends even told me to call my credit card company and get my money back saying the product didnt work. i used AMEX and im sure they wont question me, but instead i was an idiot and didnt call because i said well everything else fits, so why call. now i regret it.

anyways back to subject...
i finally got my car working after about 7 months of struggle and yeah i bought the kit in augs. 2007, and yeah nothing worked out the way it was supposed to. i had to figure out everything on my own with no help from people on the forum or the makers of this kit. instead i got "it wasnt our fault" responses from SFR. thats bull shit i spent $5,000. i should get a but load more respect and feedback. 5 grand thats like 5 round trips to SFR jays house and back. if i knew any better i should have made my own custom kit.

i had a friend of mine that built his own kit where i live that pretty much knows beta2 motors in and out help me get my car working. and that was a success. all i need now is to tune my car.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

REDZ,

need to talk to hammondfra or nul7 and see if they will open the crookedh topics back up since we are not allowed to look at them at the moment.

Ive had 3 transactions with SFR. the first two took exactly 5 weeks for every order to come in but i got everything, well almost. the things that didnt come in the second order i was refunded for, so far, even steven and i was happy with dealing with SFR. the third order,i actually got in less than a week, a 63mm bbtb for a beta2 that i was told by jay that i could just slot out one hole to get it to work, yeah right, as if. if i was to slot like i thought i was going to do it would go into the IAC port on the beta2 bbtb which in turn would probably cause i vacuum leak .

Will I buy from SFR again, probably not cause everytime I did i felt like i was dodging bullets to make sure i was either going to get the product that i ordered or maybe see a refund if i didnt get a product.

It's defintely a hit or miss situation it seems with any korean aftermarket supplier anymore and it basically sad.

I'm sure Jay will be directed into reading this off of NT. will he care, probably not but if it was me and i was haivng this much problems with customers I would be trying to treat them like gold in one way or the other.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:52 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Excellent right up REDZ!!

BTW when i corrected Jay for the amount of money ive spend in one year it was actually close to $4300 and as you can see in the paypal transactions he has not provided all the transacttions i made with him...
The part that piises me off is that i have spent over $500 just to install his kit and didnt even all line up.My mistake was not actually taking pics because i didnt bring a camera and also needed work to make it fit besides the turbo housing touching the coolant tube line.I was so fed up my machanic and i agreed to stay with my original turbo setup i have (LOG manifold) and i dont have to worry about cracking.Yes it looks nice but my machanic assured me that its gonna crack and dont bother installing it because its not a THICK Stainless steel grade.....He has done countless amount of ebay crap manifolds which are SS304 and all crack eventually...
At the same time he spent ALL day 12 hours putting the new kit on and then back trying to make it work and then installed my old setup which i have in the car now.Waste of money for me and time for him since he is so busy at his shop..
You think Jay would compensate me? NEVER.............. mad.gif
Plain and simple this kit is NOT MADE for the RD.Period..
Oh well his day will come..............
Old 09-08-2008, 02:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dw4lubu @ Sep 8 2008, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>not to get off topic or aim this at you too much, but you had your share of your ways when you WERE with SFR, backing them up. now you see. my mechanics know their hondas inside out. the splicing of the wires were temporary only, since it was 3AM we wanted to see if the car would turn on and work, if it worked we would cut the crimps out solder it, shrink wrap it, and cover it up with plastic tubing. as for the fuel return line, that tube doesnt fit ANYWHERE on my car.</div>

First off man, this thread is about SFR, not me. Second off, please try to write a coherent post next time. Your post is such a mess, i'm not sure if what I'm replying to now is an old post from NT, you saying something now, or someone else.

I'm serious dude, you are welcome to post here, but if I see another post like the one above, it's getting put invisible to save everyone a migrane.

As for me. Of course I backed them up. It was my job. Your "mechanics" may have known Hondas inside out, but they obviously didn't know shit about Hyundais. Temporary or not, splicing and crimps have no place in that install. do it right, or don't expect it to function right. You post a lot about how it's working now, but not what you did to get it that way. I bet ya it was undoing the stupid shit they did to your car.

Your awesome 'mechanics' had a leftover sensor, and said it didn't matter?

Unkay...

1/2 of your issues with jay and SFR came from the fact that you were sure the install was done right. It obviously wasn't, as Jay didn't help you, and you got it running anyways. The POINT of this thread is the way that Jay acts towards folks. When working for the company, I couldn't OBVIOUSLY come out in public and defend you, or anyone else, but I often did try to lead you folks in the right direction.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>and left over parts? the only left over parts i had was the return line that didnt fit anything. my car doesnt even come with a fuel regulator stock!</div>

Uhm...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>so therefore it was installed properly without the instructions that was SUPPOSED to be given to me with the kit.</div>

Anyone thinking they are going to get DIY instructions from Korea is insane. if you do, they'll be in Hangul.

WTF is with everyone in this thread and PERIODS?!?!?

?

2UNIQ, you should file some complaints with your CC company. Let them know that the kit is failing to live up to the promised standards.

NVS, i will try my man, feel free to contact them also.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

sent PM to hammondfra, admin of CH about closed crooked h threads.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Sep 8 2008, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Your post is such a mess, ^^^^

I'm serious dude, you are welcome to post here, but if I see another post like the one above, it's getting put invisible to save everyone a migraine.</div>

chairshot.gif

Im off to take some Advil.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:39 PM

haha i see that you erased my post smile.gif
Old 09-10-2008, 05:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

OOOrrrrr you could have said something meaningful in your last post like Decrypting whatever language you use to write in....
smashfreakB.gif idea.gif

Not trying to be ass's just want to understand what the hell you are saying.
werd.gif

Now, where were we?

Of my one or 2 purchase from SFR i was lucky. I got everything as ordered. But i agree with NVS, dodging bullets isn't fun.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:51 AM

Your post wasn't erased, it was marked invisible, just like I told you it would be. BTW, congrats on your first completely legible post. No more OT folks, this is about SFR and their shitty practices.