The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

REDZMAN Is A Racist!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

You all really need to chill out. Unless you have a picture posted of yourself in the profile how is someone going to know? If I thought someone was black and heard what sounded like a white guy talking I would probably ask the same question. The first time I heard a black guy talking with an English accent, in the UK, it really blew my mind! Maybe you civilian folks can't take a question like that, every time us people in military fill out a form it seems to ask us our race and ethnicity.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:02 AM

I am NOT racist. I want to say that right off the top.

But... I do believe that we have created a society that is WAY too sensitive to stuff. And that includes all races. It's hard to judge someone's intentions when they post stuff on the internet because you can't hear the tone of voice or judge body language or facial expression. You have to take everything with a grain of salt and not be so quick to assume that what is being said is a personal attack on you, your character or your heritage. I seriously doubt that Redz, being in the position he is on here, would make a post with the intentions that you are insinuating.

I know when I have dealings with people on the internet, like here in the forums, you feel like you know everyone and you have a mental picture in your head of what you think everyone looks like... but sometimes it's completely wrong. Probably MOST of the time it's completely wrong, and when you find out what someone physically looks like it's just weird because then they become strangers to you again... lol. It's nothing to be offended about, it's just a fact of life.

All I'm saying is have a little bit of understanding and don't read more into words typed on a screen than what is actually there. You can't read someone's intentions into an internet post.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Well guys, I usually let these threads just go, since I am not american nor live in the US (and a not to you guys, this seems to be a pretty sensitive matter on the US –I mean between US citizens– eventhough I find european countries to have more REAL racist issues).

This time I wanted to post something just to throw in my 2c and try let you guys something to think about and to help relax things here in the forums….

I don’t think that to be asked for your origin, religion, race, educational level, etc should be taken as an offense… many times it’s the one asked who is subconsciosly diminshing himself and thus blames the one asking the question for it… (and please, I am not saying this is the case) and that has led to a hipersensivity in this matter.

I myself live in a 3rd world country, and not once has REDZMAN (nor any other member for instance) imply anything racist or made me feel like I was not worth the effort in trying to help me… and he DOES NOT know me, so for him I could be black, latino, asian, pick any race you want. On this note, I must also say that I am NOT hipersensitive to it, I am 35 years old WITH a personal life aside this or any other forum, and I agree internet fighting is retarded, as might be all these discussions if it were not because we a re very nice community and this is only trying to help keep it that way.

I could agree with you that sometimes REDZ is HARSH on the way he coments, but that’s how he IS; no matter what race he is… and it is one thing to call someone "rude" because he is so direct, and one other different thing is to make accusations because we didn’t like something that was said.

I think we should focus on our good side guys and not be so sensitive because we are here to get help and to help others… have you wondered when you help a fellow member what race he is? Surely not, and there is nothing bad in being curious about the appeareance, race, religion, profession, etc of someone you spend time with in the internet right?

Put this way guys… if you are from a certain race and prior to internet you tended to relate more with guys from your same race, now you spend time, exchange knowledge, and become friends with people you don’t how they look, and become good friends… so if after a few years you meet them and someone says something like “Wow dude, I would have never thought you were black/asian/latino†why take it bad? If you are certain race, you are, and deserve every bit of respect as any other dude, don’t think that here, we are going to diminish someone because of his race.

I don’t think this is the case, and if it happened I would dissaprove like you do; it’s good that we do NOT condone racism here, but let’s not be hipersensitive between each other here.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:13 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

This should probably just be locked. Everyone takes everything Redz does to seriously. Like when the site went down, wasnt really Redz fault. Actually Redz was nicer than ever to the guy when it comes to introductions.

He wasnt trying to be racist. I also have mental pictures of everyone on this forum and would be surprised if someone wasnt what I expected them to be.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:15 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

^^ Zman well spoken now lets move on
Old 11-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow, nicely said my Peruvian hot pocket.

That was okay to say right?

I think it's important to air your greviances, so keep it going folks. It'll die on it's own, or get locked if it's out of hand.

The most shocking one out of all of these to me was Kayjai. I mean we talked all the time, like 4 or 5 hours a WEEK, then he shows me some pictures of a trip of his, and he and his girlfriend are asian.

From Canada.

Just not what I expected. Not BAD, in any way whatsoever, but just wierd.

I we need to also remember that we aren't on a website where you can assume things. If I go to Racingsouthwest.com , I know that most of the folks there will be white, some will be hispanic/latino, there will be VERY few asians, and a few African Americans. ON our site though, geesh, it could be anyone. It's not like our usernames are "whitey007" or "blackmamba69" here.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

this topic is a black hole of time.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Much like my car...
Old 11-02-2007, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

Its all STEREOTYPICAL come on peps we dont need this here, its all for the love of the Rides
Old 11-02-2007, 11:50 AM

To SOLVE everything, everone post a pic of yourself and your ethnicity. Or like mad said forget about it, its RDTiburon, not raceisttiburon