The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Ranting

Old 06-30-2010, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Ranting

When stopped, if I CAN'T see your front bumper in my rear view mirror you are too CLOSE!! I cannot stand being stopped at a traffic light and someone feels the need to stop so damn close to the back of my car that I cannot see their front bumper and they most certainly cannot see my rear bumper. fire1.gif And whats worse, if I edge up to try and open a bit more space between us they move up and do it again. BangHead.gif This is a fender bender waiting to happen. If you cannot see the just under the rear bumper of the car in front of you then you are to damn close. And while you are at it I would really appreciate it if you would not tailgate me when we are moving. Leave 2 car lengths between me and you at least. rant2.gif chairhit.gif

Actually...let me be more realistic so I should really say if I can't see the front of your hood in my rear view mirror you are to close. This is aimed at cars of similar height. Car to SUV scenarios require a different approach. And really its up the car in the rear to make the proper judgement call since they have a better line of site to the car in front of them then the car in front of them has to them due to the high rear beltline. Realistically the guy in the rear should at the very least be able to see the top of the rear bumper of the car in front. In the case of your average SUV, they should be able to see the back of trunk or hatchback of the car in front. And if they are both SUV's then the top of the rear bumper scenario still stands. And if its a car behind an SUV then the bottom of rear bumper is the proper distance. Again these are not absolutes but guidelines. cent.gif
Old 06-30-2010, 09:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I was just trying to read your anti-Obama bumper sticker.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I try to stop so I can see the bottom of the rear tires in front of me. That way I feel comfortable I can get out if necessary.

But... if you're stopped at a traffic light, what does it matter how close they are? As long as you are able to get out, that's all that should matter. If they block themselves in, their fault.

I'm failing to find the source of your rant. Did someone hit your car or scrape it trying to get by?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:33 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

non drivers pffff...

what ticks me off MOST besides tailgating, is when you're coming up to a red light, and someone from your rear overtakes you to be in front of you while you're braking for the light.

i go Cruella Deville when that happens.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Speaking of stopping at lights... I can't stand when people see a red light 1/2 mile up and start coasting down. The light is 1/2 mile away, you jackass. Then, when they get close, they come almost to a complete stop about 7 or 8 cars back from the person in front of them and creep the whole time the light is red. You know, some of us enjoy driving and don't have automatic tranny's, you jackhole. Pull up and stop. It's like these people think they have a bomb in their car that will explode if the vehicle ever comes to a complete and full stop.