The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Random Thoughts for the night!?!!?!?!

Old 06-05-2009, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE
Default Random Thoughts for the night!?!!?!?!

Just thought I would share a couple of things that have been on my mind. People really irritate me sometimes and they just don't seem to get that I just don't care! I guess I should just tell them to STFU next time, so I don't have to make a random post like this, but I can't be the only one who feels this way. I mean come on! Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway...

THE STORY BEGINS...

Maybe its just me growing up with little money to spend that made me the way I am or maybe I am just not made to enjoy the "Finer things in life". I was just sitting here thinking and reflecting on my life. My ups, my downs, my trials and tribulations. I have learned something from everything that I have gone through. But I just don't understand how we have gotten to a point in society when "the little things" no longer matter and we expect everyone to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on us. I will never be one of those women who are never satisfied and only expects more. I am never going to be woman who will let the labels I wear define me. I may never own a purse that costs $400 or shoes that are worth about the same and its not because I can't afford it, but its because there are many other things that I could spend my money on. I don't care if you spend hundreds of dollars on things. I just don't understand why you feel that because you own them and I don't it makes ME less of a person.

I grew up in a family that didn't have much, but you know what we made the best of it, and it made us who we are. So what if for birthdays and holidays we may not have gotten fancy things,or that for my 16th birthday I didn't get a brand new car or maybe I shared my room with my brothers, and didn't have my own room until I was in my teenage years. It was the times that we spent together that I remember. I appreciate what my parents did to raise us right. Others may not have agreed with the way that they did things, but it has made me who I am. I don't care what people say. I am thankful for all that they did. I love them they are my family.

I don't understand the people who look down on me because I don't care what I look like. You know what I will NEVER EVER let someone else tell me that I am not important because I don't have a flashy purse, or clothes. I will put money on it that I am a lot happier that I don't. It's because my family taught me at a young age that it doesn't matter what you have in life, its who you have in your life. You can keep your fancy things, I don't want them. They just don't matter to me. I would hate your life.

I am so much more happier with my life. I love the little things in life. I don't need fancy things. They are just things. I would never EXPECT my husband to buy me some fancy/expensive thing. I would rather he put a little thought into it. I love the little things that my husband does. I love that he greets me at the door most days with a smile and a hug. It shows that he cares. Or if I am having a bad day he is here for me. He holds me and lets me vent and then smiles at me and tells me he loves me, and you know what he means it! That is what I want. I don't want him to ever feel like he is being taken advantage of or that he is not appreciated.

He is truly my Mr. Wonderful, my knight in shinning armor. He is the one person who completes me. There is no one out there in the world that I would even think of spending the rest of my life with. Yeah we have had our problems but you know what who hasn't and anyone who tells me that they haven't I would like to call bullshit right now! We have learned to appreciate each other for who we are.

Have you ever had a day that makes you think, "Wow I am the luckiest woman in the world!"? Well, I have that day everyday because of him and our daughter. They are the reason I live.

Ok, maybe I am a little off track now. But I just don't understand people who think that they have to hide behind labels and makeup to feel this way. I am a total jeans and a sweatshirt type of girl. I don't care if I don't brush my hair. As long as I can pull it up I am ok. I could never be a high maintenance woman. I think women like that are just plain bitchy! I live for the little things.

Its the little things. For example if we go to a store I get excited because hubby bought me a pack of gum, because he heard me say I was out. Or he grabs a movie or game that I had talked about. It means that he was really listening. I don't care if we shop at Wal*Mart or Shopko or Penny's or some yuppie store. I don't understand this new fad. Maybe you can explain it to me. But I just could never stand to spend the money. When you can get just as good of quality from somewhere else but its an off brand.

Why do people spend their life constantly trying to top everyone? Why can't they be just as happy with their life? What are they missing that makes them feel that others are lesser humans because they don't have the things that they have? I just don't get it. I suppose that I never will. I feel bad for them because they have to live life like that.

Oh well, its not really my problem. I just thought it was food for thought.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Wow, thanks for the compliments, you make me really happy too!

And I truly appreciate that you're not afraid to get dirty with me in the garage and that I'm not expected to get you fancy jewelry every holiday.

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of you because i think you're the best. So great in fact that I married you! wink.gif
Old 06-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I think you both are wonderful people, and thats just by going off your posts on an internet message board! tongue.gif

Sometimes people get caught up in the finer things in life, and dont understand or realize that its truly the smaller things that mean so much more. The ones who are all glam and glitz are just an empty candy shell with no real substance on the inside. Be happy that you guys are some of the few who really take the time to appreciate everything that life has to offer, whether its small or big. And because you both do that together...it means even more. wink.gif

Dont get caught up too much in what others do, because then it leaves you questioning yourself. You know who you are, so never second guess that. smile.gif

grouphug.gif
Old 06-05-2009, 08:57 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

::Everyone:: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

smile.gif
Old 06-06-2009, 12:42 AM

Very true V. That is how I live my life. I just sometimes start to think of the past, and remember how it got me to now and how it will help me in the future! The only person who has any say about anything is hubby. I just think that its super funny that people feel that they have to live their life that way. Always topping people and always looking down on others. I just needed to tell someone the thoughts going through my head and who better to tell than my family!!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:32 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(03-accent-03 @ Jun 5 2009, 09:57 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>::Everyone:: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

smile.gif</div>

AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :-)

And I to agree that you too are amazing people and Stacy if u where high maintance I dont think our friendship
would be as good, I lub you the way you are :-)
Old 06-06-2009, 08:44 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Screw em all! We're a much better class of people being able to do things for ourselves and taking pride in the results (even if that result is less than professional!) Let them look down all they want. In the end, they're the one's stuck on the road side for 2 hours waiting for AAA, because they don't even know where the spare tire is, while we take the 5 minutes to do the job ourselves, and continue on down the road of happiness (tear......sigh) LOL
Old 06-06-2009, 11:25 PM

lol.. Thanks everyone! It's good to know that there are people out there who support and understand me. It's good to know that no matter what people will at least take the time to listen to me bitch. I am sure that hubby appreciates that as well because he doesn't have to listen to it as much!!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bdiggy @ Jun 6 2009, 10:44 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Screw em all! We're a much better class of people being able to do things for ourselves and taking pride in the results (even if that result is less than professional!) Let them look down all they want. In the end, they're the one's stuck on the road side for 2 hours waiting for AAA, because they don't even know where the spare tire is, while we take the 5 minutes to do the job ourselves, and continue on down the road of happiness (tear......sigh) LOL</div>

I am a very independent person. I love figuring things out by myself and a little help is appreciated along the way. I totally agree with everyone here. I take pride in everything I do. I work in a Pharmacy and if you don't have confidence or take pride in your work, it could kill someone. I call my Elantra my baby because it stands from everything I have worked for since I was 16. It was my first big investment and I made a great one. Every time I walk out to my car in the morning I think to myself, no one helped you get that car, you did it all yourself. I laugh at teenagers who drive BMW's and Acura's because haven't even begun to have learned life's lessons of responsibility. A prime example of this: there was this girl in my Graphic Design major at my other college and her daddy owned a repair shop. He gave her a BMW and when it broke because someone put salt or sugar (i cant remember which) in her gas tank, she came in and bitched because her dad give her a chevy blazer instead!! I mean come on, you got it for free! I would love a free car. She had the salt/sugar coming to her!! laugh.gif
Old 07-23-2009, 09:35 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

awwwwwwwwwwww....... wait what am i saying............. F*CK HAPPINESS!!!!!!!!! lol (love you guys)