The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Rallye Motors in Moncton, NB

Old 02-25-2004, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there,

Just wanted to let everyone know about the TERRIBLE service I received at Rallye Motors in Moncton NB. After the big snowstorm, once I dug my car out I seen that I had a check engine light and my car was running like crap. So, I took it in and they hook it up to the machine (50$) and say, oh... your exhaust manifold is cracked. Do you want us to take it off and look to see if it can be welded. I say, sure... so they take it off and say yup, it can be welded for 100 bucks. I ask, what do I owe right now and how much will it be, and they say 50 for the diag and 100 for the welding. So thinking thats not too bad I say, sure go for it. That was on Friday. I get three calls back saying that one, the welding can't be done today cause the place we send it to isn't open until monday... so im thinking, ok well this sucks but ok. Second, I get another call saying that there was water in one of the holes where my spark plug goes, so that has to be sucked out. Fine. Third, I get a call saying that oh, by the way, your flex pipe needs to be changed too.

At this point I'm wondering holy crap, how much more is wrong with my car, but I tell them to just fix the manifold and take the water out of the plug and I'll get the flex fixed later... after all the manifold was causing the check engine right? So monday comes and goes, I call them and oh I guess the place didnt have the thing welded yet. Great, another day without my car. Tuesday at noon they say its all ready to go so I go out, and find out that the price they quoted me did not include 2 and a half hours labour. Well that was a nice surprise. So 360 bucks later I'm sitting in my car and I turn the ignition... Check engine light comes on and it runs just the same if not worse than when I brought it in! Ok, so I just paid $360 bucks to drive it like this? I go back in and the service manager says oh, it's running bad because of your flex pipe. Bulls%$ it is. Oh, well the mechanic must not have taken it for a test drive. What did they do, roll it out to the parking lot? Give me a break, it was very evident and I'm not that stupid.

So they take it back in the garage, and in the process of checking the wires the mechanic says oh, whoever last checked these wires broke one of them! The metal part on the bottom of the wire was still stuck to the plug! (My beloved KORE wires too, they busted it) So I'm thinking ok, since you busted it you should replace them right? Wrong. They told me I had to pay ANOTHER 89 bucks for the replacement wires! (This was after they attempted to fix the wire that was bad...) I said hey come on, you broke my wire and now you want me to pay to fix it???? The head manager of the place says yes, we fixed that wire and now its another one causing the problem. (Guess what, checked today and its the one they broke that is messing up) So I'm just about to lose it talking to this Steven moron there, and I tell him this:

"Ok, I'm 25 years old. That is my first car, it's got 185,000 km's on it and I'm looking at a new one. Not only that but I have another 40 years of buying and servicing cars. On top of that my parents are looking at buying a Santa Fe. The way I see it is, you can either put new wires on for free since you broke mine and eat the 50 dollar cost price, or you can try and make me pay for them, piss me off, and I'll never come back here again and neither will any of my friends or relatives. The choice seems pretty obvious to me, keep the customer happy by paying out 50 bucks, or piss me off and lose thousands."

He says "I can't justify that cost."

How the hell do people like this get into business? Are they just plain moronic? Was he deprived of oxygen at birth? HELLO!?!?!?! Are you in there??!?!?! What an idiot. The best part was, that they actually opened a box of new wires, put them on my car to see if that was the problem (of course it was, they broke my wire and it was only firing every so often) and then took the wires off!! They actually spent the labour and opening of a new part and then took them off afterwards!

This is to serve a warning to you. I know I am not the only one with crappy service there, and I can refer you to those people I know that had problems too if you want. DO NOT GO TO RALLYE MOTORS FOR ANYTHING. THEY WILL TRY TO CHEAT YOU. I am never going to set foot inside that place again, and I suggest none of you go there either if you don't want a similar experience to mine. There are dealers in Fredericton, Saint John, and in NS New Glasgow and Truro. I would recommend any of them over Rallye. It may be farther to go, but it is worth it!

Heed the warning!

Tom
Old 02-25-2004, 07:23 AM

Default Rallye Motors in Moncton, NB

Thanks for the warning. If I am ever on the east coast again, I will be sure to avoid that dealership if I need service.

I am sorry about your problems. You can try getting in touch with the better business bureau, and see if they can help you out, or at least straighten them out.

If you write out (on paper) and send it in the mail to the owner of the dealership, or find out where the owner lives and mail it to his home, you might get a free set of wires and a few free oil changes or something. At least you should get is a written apology.

There is also a phone # for Hyundai Canada, that you can call if you have a problem that the dealer can take care of. I will try and find the # for you. It should be on the board behind the service counter at the dealership.

Again, that does really suck. Once you have good service, or find a shop that treats you good, make sure you stay at that shop.

otbw, Welcome to the forum, too bad your first post had to be a major gripe.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:24 AM

Welcome to the boards and sorry that had to be your first post!!!
What the worst part is out of all of this in my opinion is they royally screwed you.
You could have gotten a header with downpipe from SSAutochrome for 150-200 installed it yourself, saved money, time, sanity and gotten gains out of it. I agree NEVER go to a dealer or shop unless you are under warranty or you know them!!! wink.gif
Old 02-25-2004, 07:28 AM

I'm actually going to NB to visit my brother .. Man, I feel your pain. My airbag light was on, after getting my alarm installed.

So, I call up Hyundai Dealership here (alpine Hyundai .. bunch of tools with tools).. told them the problem.. and they said, they don't know what it is.. and it would cost 60.00 just too look at it.. and whatever parts were needed. so, knowing a dealership. 150.oo+(without tax)

I call another dealership, and tell them the same thing.. airbag on, after alarm installed.. blah blah.. anyways.. they said, well the airbag has to be reset. 'how much..' thinking MORE then 150.. their answer.. oh, probably nothing.. i took it down, they connected her up to the little glorified palmpilot.. pushed some buttons.. and gone. no cost too me.

So, in closing.. I would like to thank Cambridge Hyundai, for not been tools with tools.. and secondly.. no matter what the problem is.. always get a second opinion.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:51 AM

Thanks for all your support guys!

Yeah, it kinda sucks that my first post was a gripe, but I guess in actuality this was the first time I found this site. I have been posting on and off since the old FXtreme days so I have been around for awhile. I do have a 98 however so this is looking pretty interesting!

Yeah, I know what you're talking about with the SS header. The worst part of this was that I JUST ordered a set of HVE 4-1 headers and paid money for those, but I had to get this manifold fixed because they won't be in for a couple weeks and I need my car. I'll even bet that the manifold wasnt even causing the CEL and driveability problems in the first place! (However thats what they told me)

That place is just shifty... stay away from it. And tell everyone you know that may be in contact with them.

Tom
Old 02-25-2004, 09:37 AM

Yeah it sounded more like the wire to me. I drove with a broken exhaust manifold for over a month with no CEL. I mean broken, one of the first four pipes off the engine was cracked all the way around at the weld.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:44 PM

LOL, you too? My manifold was so broken that it literally fell to pieces when it was removed for my header.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:10 PM

If you are ever in Southern NJ.. AVOID Sport Hyundai Dodge in Pleasantville.. they have ripped me off THREE time (not including what I paid for my tib). Twice for the air bag light (blamed convienently on my aftermarket Sony stereo.. it had only been there a year before the light went on) and once when I got the car. Somebody had burned a hole in the driver's seat while it was in the lot... I was told to bring it in when I could and they would fix it.. I was thinking I was getting a new seat.. no, they sewed it up and buffed it out.. looked almost worse than the burn.

It also took them two tries to repair my door panal... the first time they ordered a black one instead of a bronze.. even now the "bronze" one is more silver than the dash... good thing it cracked again.

BTW.. I also spent 16,000 for a NON FX 99 tib... the most expensive tib on the lot and the only one with a stick. The place's only saving grace.. they have cool parts counter guys.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:16 AM

First time I see this post, I'm from Moncton NB too and have been dealing with Rally Motors for 5 years and I did have my little arguments with them now and then but over all after dealing with Toyota, GM, Ford, Mazda and others service department over the last 20 years I have to say that Rally Motors is not that bad. Doesn't matter where you go you always fell like you pay too much and they want to do more then needs to be done on your car. In your case Tom, there was some abuse, maybe because you're younger or some miss communication because there was a 3rd party involved to fix your car but overall Rally Motors as a good reputation in the area.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:30 AM

Hey all!! I bought my car from RALLEY!! YEah i do have gripes about them ... But i think one of the main reasons they have problems is casue there getting tons and tons of business.. And they can't really deal.. I got a really good deal through them... But they did try to cheat me on the price but i lowered them down... ALL GOOD!!!