The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Pro Street Online

Old 01-07-2007, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw ajay's Nex SS coilovers and just had to get a pair so i ordered them online through prostreet. I ordered December 4th and still haven't recieved them. I've called on several occasions to see the progress and each time same answer" it will ship at the end of the week." well i finally got fed up and told them to cancel the order, and the guy finally says "sorry they haven't left China yet, it'll be about a month." I still cancelled my order, haven't gotten my money back yet, and now when i go to the web site to see if they cancelled my order, they have me down for 2 more sets... just a heads up.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thanks for letting everyone know. Ive heard of that site before but havent ever shopped there.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

hmmm ive ordered lots of things from there before and have had good transactions

sorry your having some bad luck man
Old 01-07-2007, 10:21 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

maybe because nex is new? when i bought my eibach kit from ebay the guy said they were out unfortunately and wanted me to choose something else. a week later they told me they called eibach and could get them for me as they had advertised however it would take an extra two weeks. got everything as planned with their appologies.

i also had to wait 4 months for sway bars from shox.com. they asked me if i wanted to waithat long, i said sure whatever i'm in no hurry as long as it gets to my door sometime within the year. the guy was nice, he said Tiburons were so underrated and they should make more parts for them, that there's hardly an aftermarket and demand is so down that they have to place an order with eibach directly by custom/special order. so when i had ordered my sway bars they hadn't even been made yet.

if i were you i'd wait. prostreetonline is usually good. i ordered my PRD wires from them, took a little while but they came eventually. other than that, hey it's usually good to call and check the availability on the coilover. i take that precaution every time.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Banned

im guessing because NEX is a new company, and they probably dont have alot of them in stock, specially for tibs. i ordered my koyo radiator, and my clutch combo from there, and had great customer service, and great, fast shipping.

sorry to hear you had bad service.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:51 PM

this website sucks. I ordered my clutch from them and when I called up like 5 days later to get a tracking number they then informed me it was out of stock till 1/1/07, i asked why they didnt e-mail me earlier saying this and he said he didnt know, I ordered on 11/23/06. I then asked for a refund and they guy who gave it to me refused to give me a conformation number to show that he put in for a refund. well two weeks later I received my bill from my credit card company and it was not refunded. I called them up again and they didnt know why it didnt go through so he said it would show up in about two weeks. three weeks later now and still no refund so I have filed for a dispute through my credit card company. prostreetonline sucks my left testicle. i will never order from them again. mad.gif
Old 01-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Banned

dang.... i called them up, ordered, called back like 3 days later, got my tracking info, and then got my stuff in good timing.. ill order again..
Old 01-07-2007, 11:07 PM

i don't think it's right for tiburon owners to get fired up. we are not at the same demand as hondas. the one thing we should know about our cars is they have low aftermarket and every time before you order you have to call and make sure to ask when they will be in stock. unfortunately it's a drawback of a 10 year old forgotten tin can... a refund is your mistake because you can't wait a few months. if you never recieve your item, that's a different story but please wait for your parts to come in, plus it's 7 days after the biggest holiday of the whole year of course anything and everything will be delayed especially in the U.S.

a little patience and all will go well wink1.gif
Old 01-07-2007, 11:13 PM

okay first off if the part is listed in stock they should have it, I dont care if you own a 73 tool shed. second off my clutch was slipping like crazy and needed a new one asap, and third i guess your someone who likes to have their money tied up for no reason and is afraid to make an effort to do something about it? and lastly if you pay for a product and need it you want it as soon as possible, if the part wasnt in stock they should not have taken my money. so i guess if you like excuses and people playing with your money then yea, wait a few months with no good excuse. i forgot tiburon parts are not in high demand so they shouldnt have any in stock and advertise them in stock right? fing02.gif
Old 01-08-2007, 01:34 AM

believe me, i'm on your side as much as possible and wish it were different. whether they say it's in stock or not doesn't matter, what matters is sale or no sale. give it some time and you'll learn unfortunately that's the way business works. once they get you they get you and it's difficult to turn it around. any sucessful business is like this. it's the way america works. there are more unpleasant services than there are pleasant. that accounts for everything and not just cars.

all i'm saying is to be easier on yourself and the distributor and understand how it works. the distributor like prostreet never has anything in stock they always have to order it and you'll always have to wait. you swim against the stream you'll have debates like this. need them right away or not, aftermarket parts are not there for replacement they are meant for racing purpose and show.

i don't have any money tied up, but when i do i just order parts months in advance. infact i have a bunch of parts just laying around waiting to get put on and an alpine supercharger i hadn't touched in one year. they can fiddle with my money all they want as long as the part arrives or the service gets done. all i'm saying is you won't always get royal treatment with a service, especially when it comes down to cars.

i understand you though, you're pissed and i would be too. my tiburon has been in the shop for nearly 2 months enduring a auto-manual swap and all i've been getting is the guy doing it has been on vacation. al i pissed? nah he gave me a hooked up price and he's the only person i trust with the car hence i bought it from him. hell it's sitting the winter out in a garage i can't complain i don't even have a garage. in one month i'll be driving my 5-speed happily somewhere on the beach and could care less i was without a car for that long. right?