The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

People Who Can't Drive!

Old 08-27-2006, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Hey!

Check out my new bodywork... I go to the same place that did Lanshark's recent custom work wink1.gif

Passenger fender mangled, bumper badly scratched up, corner smashed, headlight housing & mounts cracked, both front rims scratched up & both front tyres scratched & gouged... all because a girl chose to ignore a red light & street signs at 4.15am yesterday morning when I was driving home. What's worse is it was a 22yo "P" plater with a car full of stupid girls who then had the nerve to come out yelling & shouting that they had right of way because it was a "Left turn on red permitted after stopping" intersection & they had stopped... before turning onto a busy 3 lane road & managing to cross all 3 lanes, narrowly missing other car but managing somehow to clip my car in the far right lane (remember, we drive on the left side of the road here) & shunting my car into the low-lying median strip which damaged my front right rim & tire. As I said, stupid girls.

Steering is all out of whack, my 2 month old rims are scratched up, my headlight was custom-painted & angel-eyed so I'll have to do it all again to the replacement the one & same goes for the replacement corner light housing, it's a fvcking chore to get quotes & deal with insurance companies & I'm already overstretched at work these days (6 day week & even need to work some evenings) as it is... & it is made all the more depressing because I'd not long ago just had that fender fixed after a bus side-swiped my car late last year sad.gif
Old 08-27-2006, 09:04 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

sorry to hear about your bad luck man, b****s can be stupid as f*** sometimes.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:13 PM

d00d that sucks man. People think that since its 4am in the morning the traffic laws don't apply. I ask all my friends, if its 3am and appears to be just you on the road do you run the stop sign or not? Half said they would. Shows you that people think theres no traffic that early in the morning.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:21 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

oh brother... booooooo!!!

if those girls want to be mean to you, i say you sue them for damages. or just rape their insurance. that's soooo retarded. i'm sorry to hear the problems you will face with this, but think about it only being a fender and a lamp and rim. i don't know if you have claimed the new rims on insurance, but if you sue the idiots you'll get your moneys worth.

what a shame... such a nice car looking like that.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:02 AM

Damn..bad luck man..but dont blame the P platers..some of them can drive (like me) hahaha=DD but i personaly know that some of them just cant handle it..really bad luck..hopefully u can get ur money back..and get that shark back on the road wink1.gif

I was in the accident few months ago aswel..was goin on the highway and i turned out to one of the exits and had to stop on the red light..i look into my rearview mirror and i see this guy flying behind me..i thought he will stop, but he didnt..bang in the back...there goes my rear bumper and some scratches on the boot. However that seemed ok as the guy had insurance and all that..so i didnt care too much, but all the troubles came when i had to claim the money as the guy now said he never hit my car or anything like that..lucky i had all his details in his handwriting so the insurance gave me the money..
Old 09-01-2006, 12:13 AM

Btw, the girl had originally told me she had insurance & yesterday when I got in touch with her supposed insurance company I found out that she doesn't have any, besides compulsory third party injury insurance, which is useless to me. She is also standing by her original story that she has was not at fault. I'm going to have to take her to court. Stupid b!tch.

This is gonna get fvcken' ugly & very time-consuming, it would seem sad.gif
Old 09-01-2006, 01:50 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

02.gif.... 02.gif and double 02.gif

I dont even know what else to say man 02.gif
Old 09-01-2006, 06:56 AM

hmm..some ppl just get advice like: "pretend it wasnt ur fault..and lie that u didnt do it" when i had my accident the guy said he wasnt even there...how good is that? his car is damaged but he didnt smash into my car? yeah right..i hope you took some details of witnesses..if there was any..
Old 09-02-2006, 10:45 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

Ozfx, did the cops show up? Did you have a neutral witness?

I had a guy try and do a runner when he smashed the front end of my 72' XA coupe in, gave me false details (No insurance), I managed to track him down and followed him home, got the cash the next day. When I figured that he had no intention of paying I went to the cops, but because they didn't get called to it, they had no details and couldn't do jack.

Now when someone hits a family member or friends car I get witness's or have the cops come and take details. Cops will be able to lay the blame straight away if they are called to the scene. Plus its a bit of therapy to watch some muppet that wrecked your car get fined and possibly lose their licence.

I've got a second set of headlights if you need them Tim, they are currently at PSC, if you need them PM me and I'll get them shipped to you.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:14 PM

^ Cheers for the offer mate but I might just try to patch up the headlight housing with epoxy or something. The grey plastic part that you don't normally see is what's cracked. I can't really be arsed with baking, re-wiring & re-painting another headlight... not at this point in time anyway sad.gif

The cops refused to come out when I called them: they said it was a civil matter as neither car needed towing & nobody was injured. Pricks! I made a report with them over the phone last week because they don't even want you to physically go to a station to pester them. Pricks!! I have 2 witnesses (taxi driver driving in the lane next to me & his passenger) that were nice enough to stop & give me their details. The girl nearly took the taxi out but he just managed to avoid her... I didn't.

Even though my insurance is for third party property only, I've since found out they have a clause that protects you against uninsured drivers (up to $3,000 only but that should just about cover the damage) so they've agreed to pay me out (pending receipt of all the relevant info) & pursue her. I'm still sending quotes & stuff to them but it should hopefully all be sorted out soon enough fing02.gif