The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Pay No Mind

Old 01-27-2007, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Burger King is full of absolute morons here. Usually I expect a certain level of degradation, going into a fast food place, let alone one that's connected to a gas station. And usually I expect a certain level of sloppiness and rudeness from some pimple-faced jackass behind the counter.

But tonight, let's just say I could have driven my bootknife right through some pierced-face punk's ribs. Gf washed the wallet and cellphone. Still haven't heard back from employment opportunities. Poor Tiburon is slowly rotting apart in the parking lot. A former 9-5 hero about to explode. Griped and complained at all day for the drugstore not filling someone else's prescription, being called an asshole because I'm a guy, being told to stop standing around when in fact, I'm just waiting for her do get done messing around so I can continue. All this crap at home. Bored out of my mind during the week, making phone calls for jobs, browsing the site for answers to my questions (and yes, Redz, I did use the precious and all knowing search function, but didn't really find any specifics to what I wanted), trying to keep my grasp on sanity. Get up. Workout. Breakfast. Shower. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Idle time. Sun up, sun down.

And now some damned punk at a BK chooses to elbow me when he passes, doesn't have the balls to say whatever he's mumbling to his slut friends to my face, and trashes my car. And then doesn't have the balls to stand up and fight, leaving me looking like an idiot. A very ticked off idiot whose only recourse is to leave and seethe all the way home to the sound of static on the OEM cd player that won't turn off, turn down, change stations, or eject my cd that won't play anyway; but even that's barely audible under the blare of the burnt out flexpipe that's driving my O2 sensor insane and my mileage into ye ol' WC. It's just the little things, everywhere, that make me want to go Harvester of Sorrow style on people.

Gripes and complaints section, eh? I may make use of this more often to keep the temperment somewhere below melting point.

I'd do some interior repair tomorrow, but it's too cold outside where I'm forced to work, can't afford a tube of Bondo, and I can't paint anything anyway because, as mentioned, too cold, too windy. I'd love to do it inside, but, it's an apartment that I share, so... I'd even love to go to the salvage yard and pull the cd player out of an Elantra or something. While I was there I might even rip out a front exhaust pipe or, depending on the condition, a new(er) exhaust manifold. Maybe some side view mirror motors and switchplate. Or maybe in some insecurity fueled rampage, burn through someone's happy face with the acetylene torch and ruin everyone's happy sunny day. Stomp pet bunnies into paste. Happy gooey paste. Call me an idiot, will you. It's enough to make a person want to rip someone's hair out and stuff it down their throat.

It's one of those things where you realize only later that the fist you've been making has hurt the palm of your hand. The joys of a young man.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:19 PM

Get a punching bag if you don't already..... Its more satisfying than typing, lol

Try not to let it get to ya man, but when it does, I go hit the bag for a while and feel better....
Old 01-27-2007, 08:05 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

I clean things.
It works great. The tensions of being a young 20-something coupled with how generally lazy and slobbish the 20-something species tends to be - it works out great. All that anxiety gets taken out in a fit of righteously Cleaning The House. You'd think an elderly woman lived here from how clean my house is sometimes. wink1.gif
Old 01-27-2007, 08:37 PM

+1

Sorry to hear about the rough times.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:35 PM

for some reason stomping pet bunnies into paste sounds like fun..........or is that just me...
er...

well save the bunnies buy a punching bag.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:21 PM

I'll just start out and say if you use a weapon on somone, <u>you ARE a PUNK b**** coward who CAN'T fight</u>!!!

Period.
Other than that, Im really sorry about your troubles, ... i know, I just got laid off from work (4 1/2 years) on thursday, I also have a 19 month old daughter to take care of.

Sorry , ... you were saying? (what?)
Old 01-28-2007, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: car

I'm sorry man. I hear you, it sucks. I and everyone else in the world is in the same boat as you. We can't all be happy, fit, rich, handsome, drive bugattis, and be sane. If the world was like that, there would be no emotion. I don't know if you've ever thought of life like this, but it's all just a matter of balance. If you have a bad week, there has to be a good week to follow it up. Not necessarily in a row, but it'll happen. Like Kantizuni said, try cleaning things. That's what I do to keep the stress off when I get mad. It's very relaxing, that and by the time you're done, you'll fall asleep and I guarantee you'll sleep better in a clean room. Or you can get a punching bag, I got that too. Or find a friend with a garage and work on your tib there. There's always relaxing things to do, you just gotta look for em. On a side note, if you would have not gotten that Whopper at Burger King, you could have bought 2 bags of ramen (42c), been just as full, and then bought some bondo with the left over. You'd be surprised how much a couple of meals at fast food places add up and how much more you can save. Best of luck man, things will work out. Trust me, I just came from a very hard time myself, and my parents are getting divorced as we speak. It's not easy to hear your parents talking about each other so harshly. Just got to hang in there.