The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Oh What A Day

Old 06-22-2008, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

So yesterday I get a call from my dad and he tells me that my equal length headers just came in. HELL YES considering its one of my first mods. So its all good time for work right. Well I get on the highway heading for work right before I get to my exit this SUV decides he needs to get off too cuts me off then slams on his brakes. This causes me to slam on my brakes and since it has been raining caused me to skid and it was either hit him or turn, thus sending me into the guardrail.

Im a noob at posting so bare with me if the pic don't work, but here is the result. BTW besides whats on the pic, there is a pretty nice scratch around the back side.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:46 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

It'll buff right out!

From what I can see you will need a fender which you can find for about $75, a new corner which is hard to find by itself and some touch up on the scratch at the back. I can't tell from the pic if the hood was damaged or not.

Think of it as an excuse to get clear corners now Although since you are rd2 you could have made your own.....
Old 06-22-2008, 10:55 PM

Yea the hood is fine so that is a plus. Thankfully I decided to turn into the rail it could of have been so much worse if I would of hit the guy. It would of have been devastating if I would of hit the guy since that means crushed front end, dealing with the guy, insurance, ticket, etc. This was so much simpler, even though it still blows lol.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

but now you are paying 4 it instead of him.

ask the guy that sideswiped me last year. same scenario as you, but i stayed in the lane instead of going for the ditch. 2900.00 later his insurance was paying, not mine.

two years ago on new years eve i was driving to a friends house for a party. no i had not been drinking and don't drink for the record. the roads were slush covered and going around a S-turn a guy with a big f-250 lost control and had his azz end in my lane. i swerved, lost control once the azz end of my car hit the muddy shoulder, missed 3 telephone poles by the grace of god, took out a barbwire fence and a small bush, and finally went down a embankment into a pasture. since I didnt hit anyone, the car was totaled out cause of me trying to avoid a accident and since the insurance paid for the car, it was put on my driving record for 3 years. thus, i pay 37 bucks/month more for 36 months cause of my trying to avoid a accident where the insrance adjuster told me outright i should have let him hit me! no lie!

hate to tell you this man but if you filed this with your insurance you will be paying more in the end by higher rates than you would have by letting him hit you.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:01 AM

Well I had to avoid hitting him because I would of have been at fault since I would of hit him from behind, he got in the lane right before he braked. I have basic insurance so I would of have to had dealt with higher rates plus having to pay for the front end damage out of pocket. So in hindsight this is the best out come even though i'm paying for it, it is still cheaper than what it could of have been, seeing how I can still get to work and its just a fender and some paint.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:59 AM

oh, ok. thought you seen him coming over and then veered but he was already in front of you, damn SUV drivers.

my bad bud, didnt read all into it.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:23 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

^^^ Read before you post!!!!! drillsergeant.gif

Lol j/k nana.gif
Old 06-23-2008, 02:10 AM

^^^ I did, just not well enough. haha.gif

what i thought he meant was the suv was like half way past his car and slammed the brakes to get over right, seen this done a few times in front of me. especially in KC on I-635 right before the 169 hwy exit, its really bad there.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:03 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

I had the same thing happen to me in my moms car.. but it was a dam bus. Of course he said it was not at fault. LOL 3 hours later after the cops show up.. comes to find out he needs his glasses to drive and he was driving on a bad license
Old 06-23-2008, 08:33 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

You're definitely lucky, it could have been much worse. A new fender and set of clear corners, and she'll be set.

Make sure to check out your alignment and the rim though, it looks like that wheel could have taken a beating there. You don't want to have to pay for a new set of tires soon also because the tread starts to wear all uneven.