The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Obx 4-2-1 Headers

Old 07-04-2005, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Naaaa... just invest an aditional $300 and you can have the Maintec Headers (Racing) you will have them in your door in about 7 days and they are really a very good item... maybe performance wise the price difference is not justified vs. the OBX, but, in regards sound... they are really unique.

I can't beleive I got mine for about $350 in REDZ's grou buy... I couldn't be happier that I jumped in tongue.gif
Old 07-04-2005, 03:18 PM

Zman, you really think I should invest that $450 into the Maintec 4-2-1s, even though I can get the OBX 4-2-1s (OBX asks for $350) for $155?

How do they sound? Got a sound clip somewhere? ^__^

How was the installation? No fitment problems and what have you?

I'm just not sure if the extra $$ for performance is worth it, unless I get a tremendous kick in the pants for it!

Get back at me.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:31 PM

Hi, well I have to be honest, I don't think it's really worth to invest that lot of money for more expensive headers... I have the Maintec Racing Headers, they are really good, they have improved my power from the 3000rpm whereabouts to the redline, I feel more power AND more torque at midrange (but I also have AirRam) and I am extremely happy. I was going to take car to the dyno but I have been: 1) lazy 2)At wedding anyversary 3)Very busy at work and finally and regretfully 4) Having problems with Oil Pump that have me completely distracted.

Well, back on topic, you probably won't get more than 1~2 HP more from the Maintec than from the OBX unit, so if your only goal is performance, I don't think it might ber worth the bucks. But if you want performance and also adding quality pieces that you will be proud to show to anybody (or just because you will be happy to have something good, like a Rolex if it was a watch) then you could buy expensive from the begining, because chances are you will never again change your header for anotherone, that would be a bad business no matter what.

Regards my setup, it's: Maintec's Racing 4-2-1 headers --> Test Pipe (No Cat) --> Glasspack --> 2,5" all the way back to the --> Summit Racing Stainless Steel Muffler; not ricey at all, it's very deep, low and never backfires nor anything rice like that.

There was a member trying to sell his GT headers for $450 here, now that would be a very good deal considering they are at a $700 list price from kspec; or you could ask REDZ to organize another header GB for a good deal.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:12 PM

Gripe over, you got your money back... if you want to talk about headers.. do it elsewhere please. Here is not the place.

locked.gif