The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Not So Silent Killer

Old 12-19-2006, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000

A little over a year ago my mom was diagnosed with cancer. It started in her lungs and spread to her liver, bone, and brain by the time it was discovered. She went through all the chemo treatments that her body could handle but they made no difference. It has been a waiting game now for many months.

Today i got a call from my dad saying that i need to say my final goodbyes to her today because she may not make it through the night. I have to say them over the phone because I am up in laramie going to school. I cant get home till friday because my tibby is wrecked and i ran out of money to continue fixing it right now. One of my classmates is taking me back to Utah on friday after finals. I Hope that she hangs on till friday because i want to look into her eyes and tell her how much i love her and how much she has done for me.

I knew that this day was coming and i tried to prepare myself for it but it doesnt make it any easier. I hate the feeling of not being in control at all. Having to wait to go home is the hardest thing. I would give up anything just to be able to see her one more time. One last chance to wrap my arms around her and show her how much i love her. this one last chance i may never get.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:43 PM

My condolensces...My wife's father passed from colon and pancreatic cancer last year and she was daddy's girl so she was devastated. Best of wishes...
Old 12-19-2006, 01:44 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

I'm very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

sorry to hear about this. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. im hoping you get to see her that last time
Old 12-19-2006, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

my prayers are with you...hopefully you will be able to make it in time...

your mom will always be with you no matter what
Old 12-19-2006, 02:56 PM

Vehicle: 1992 Honda Accord EX

I will pray for your family.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:57 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I know what you're feeling. My uncle is the same way. Lung cancer. They didn't expect him to live a week ago, but he's still alive. It's hard when you've already said your goodbyes and now you have to still talk. You know they'll die soon but you don't know when. It's hard.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:19 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

be strong and stay strong. it happens man to your closest ones so soon. stay your course and fight for yourself and your family. you're going to have to be more responsible than ever without her, don't be sad do what your mother would want you to do.

i'm sorry to hear that man... wish there was a cure but we have long ways to go finding them. we've all had something like this happen to us but just stay strong.

don't be sad for death, be happy for life.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I am sorry to hear about your mother. I know it must be rough. We were all told to say our goodbyes to my grandfather when he was sick, so we did. He lived for almost a year and a half. I never thought to say my goodbyes to my grandmother and she died about 4 months before him. She was in perfect health. I will be praying for your mother and your family.