The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

North Korean Nuclear Bomb Is My Family's Fault

Old 10-09-2006, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

What the heck? I got to school and people are blaming me for the North Korean Nuke. As you guys know, I'm of South Korean descent. People clearly can't distinguish between North and South Korea.

While my parents were working, some guy came up to them and said "Why did you guys use that bomb?". My mom was very very mad and kept her cool and replied "Yeah, those North Koreans are crazy".

Earlier I told you guys that I would probably get my ass dragged behind a pick-up truck soon*knock on wood*

Info for you guys who don't know : Big difference between North and South korea. They're both totally different country.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Banned

lol.. thats so freakin stupid.. i dont care, its your countrys name so its your fault.

people are soo ignorant and retarded..

first, how the hell would you know why they set off the nuke, even if you were of north korean descent.

second, how would it have anything to do with you, your family, or ANY korean-americans, much less be their fault.

third, dont make this thread into anything rasist. PLLLEASE.. people are just ignorant, thats it..

same as when people get flamed all over the country about iraq and iran, when half of them have never been there, aren't even from iraq/iran, just fit ignorant peoples dumbass stereotypes..
Old 10-09-2006, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats retarded man dont listen to them

Some people are really stupid.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:29 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You can't take it when people crack on you being Korean? You're obsessed with race. Constantly cracking jokes on yours and other peoples herritage. What's up with that?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:49 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Pretty sure they were joking..Unless someone actually is stupid enough to believe that just because you are korean, that it's your fault...which I wouldn't put it passed some people to have that in their mindset, but it would just leave me speechless at their stupidity and ignorance.

Although I'll agree that trying to joke about something like that with a middle-aged woman is quite inappropriate..saying something like that to YOU I can understand, but not to your mom. What a moron.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

why do i feel like you made this story up as a ploy to turn it into a conversation on race?

1. anybody ignorant enough to say something like that would not be able to tell the difference between any asian nationality and yet somehow happened to pick a south korean whom always seems to have some kind of racial story.

2. any student at a college ignorant enough to say that would definately be in the minority and would catch shit from other people for saying that, unless you go to the university of hell, in which case you should drop out.

"People clearly can't distinguish between North and South Korea"

has nothing to do with anything but your own racial insecurities. so it would of been ok for him/her to say this to a north korean? of course the countries are different in many ways, but just by looking at the people from them i know i couldn't pick out one from the other, and i know you couldnt either. if this really did happen to you and your mother than it was just blind hatred towards asians and you should be pissed about that and not his "grouping" you with particular people that you seem to have just as much hatred towards.

in fact, you're no different from him. you have the same kind of stereotypes towards others, and it makes you just as bad. a racist complaining about racism...irony at its finest.

listen closely now. i speak for everyone when i say we are tired of seeing these posts. you are the only person on this and many other forums i visit that posts his daily racial "trials and tribulations" up for everyone to read. nobody wants to read it. come even close to mentioning anything of race or nationality in any more of your posts and its a week ban. that means you should probably refrain from posting anywhere in the off-topic/gripes forums.

and you were doing so good...
Old 10-09-2006, 04:26 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I'm sick of this.....
Old 10-09-2006, 09:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

KR, if this is the thread you IM'ed me about, I don't blame them for closing it.

My man, you are a good guy, and a pretty good member, but your previous thread about mental stability and such really hit it on the head. You've got issues. I can understand some of them. I understand the anti Japanese sentiment because of what they did to Korea. I've been there, I've seen the history, the assassinations, and the brutality. I can understand your attitude to the Chineese and the N. Koreans.

Totally.

The thing is, we have to be level here. I don't expect anyone to love the Nazi's, but we don't need to stir up a ton of different emotions by talking about them. Same goes with your case. The more these situations are brought up, the more they anger other folks that could care less what you think about some other country or ethnic sliver. While depressing and sometimes angry threads do pop up here, we want to keep them to a minimum, and honestly my man, some folks are pretty tired of seeing the anti EVERYTHING attitude that you get when something is in the news.

For your own good my man, seriously, find another outlet for your anger and feelings. Write a book, write poems, take up kick boxing or get a punching bag, just try to find a way to get your anger and feelings out without hurting the sensibilities of others.

Hell, maybe you should take a break from the news and the internet for a week? I've done it before, it can really help you clean up your thought process.

Any way it goes, please, just take care of yourself, and try not to bring it in here.

THanks my man.