The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Never Thought I'd Be Making This Topic

Old 08-01-2005, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well... I guess all good things don't last long. This evening, I was involved in an accident with the Tiburon, with me getting the blame pulled on me (even though it was mostly my fault anyway, I still felt like the police didn't get my story correct...), probably because of my own haziness after the accident and having to change my story, because my first one made no sense.

I was leaving Autozone, after picking up a headlight bulb. Leaving, a white truck had just made a right turn to get onto the road that Autozone's exit was on. He still had his blinker on and was traveling 20mph-30mph looking like he was making the turn into Autozone. In my own stupidity, I left early because I was in a hurry, and turns out he was going straight. Nailed the hel out of me into oncoming lanes, where I manage to dodge incoming cars even though I believe my car has a broken axle, or is seriously misalligned with a bent frame. My transmission is stuck in first gear, which I still have to figure out what went wrong there, and I pull back into the parking lot. Needless to say his truck is still in the road with a flat tire with needing a new bumper and fender.

The Tib's left side is trashed. Slightly damaged hood, with a seriously f'ed up fender, door, and rear fender. I couldn't even open the door to get out it is so screwed. My dumbass wasn't wearing a seatbelt after I left Autozone, so needless to say my neck seriously hurts from whiplash right now.

Police come, and since I'm totally foggy and messed up, I tell a story that makes no sense, about seeing a white truck\suv making a turn into Autozone, and maybe me going too far out of my turning lane and him hitting me. After glancing at tire marks, I could tell that made no sense, and tell a different story. Which is probably where I got on the police's bad side since I changed my story. That and the guy has 38 years driving experience to my 1.

After trying to be calm and telling them my story, they seem to construe everything I say. When they ask me how fast I was going when he hit me, I say less than 5mph. Then he tells his partner that I said I was going through the parking lot, not stopping, at 5mph. After saying "Excuse me officer, thats not what I said. I said I hit them going 5mph, not that I rolled through and didn't stop at 5mph..." they look at me funny again.

Needless to say, I got a ticket for failing to yield the right of way. Which I deserve. But I still think they got the wrong opinion of me as a driver, if that makes any sense to you guys. Maybe its my messed up brain talking.

Either way, the Tib is either going to take months to fix, or get parted. But I'll probably be too lazy to part, so we'll see once my head stops hurting in a few days.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:48 PM

ouch ouch ouch... I know it is tough to give a story when you are not thinking right. How come an ambulance crew didn't come and look at you?

Anyway, hopefully all you got was a couple of bruises and a sore neck. The Tib can be fixed or replaced.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:52 PM

that sucks. it happened to my ex-girlfriend though. basically same situation. can't be helped I guess.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

damn man sorry to hear. glad you were ok though.

i dont even think about putting my seatbelt on anymore, its just a nutral habit; i usually do it while starting the car up. everyone should try to make the same effort.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:10 PM

Sorry to hear that man, i hope your ok and things dont get any worse than they already are.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

sorry to hear that man. that's 5 wrecked tiburons in 1 month, when will it stop?? i'm glad you are okay as it sounds like it was a driver side impact. that's the most important thing.

dude... that sucks that it was your fault. what kind of insurance do you have?

also... i'm sorry for the tiburon, but accidents do happen. if they don't they will. you can never be to careful. it could have been a miss if the truck driver had been cautious. just remember it does happen. and when it does happen it narrows your chances of taking risks in the future.

i hit a deer going 5mph, 60-0mph in 2 seconds isn't bad, luckily bumping it and not even scratching my car. but it just proves that life is a giant improv. you have to fix that improv by taking extra precautions and preparing yourself.

if you are taking a turn and want to take that risk, there could even be problems you wouldn't imagine, like your car stalling out out of nowhere and a truck hitting you. so the lesson, don't risk anything until making that will not be a risk anymore and there is no threat. we all have been through the same thing.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:49 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

damn that sucks... so much for hamheads low mileage tib.
fix it up man! we don't wanna lose ya.
i was in an accident with the blue tib, not quite as severe as yours but i know how hard it is to give a story all shook up...damn.
sorry.

hey..
I work at a truck stop, and a semi driver once told me that for any 'professional' truck driver, the blame is put on them in almost all situations because they are considered professionals..and being that he was driving with his blinker on, i would think the fault would go to him (unless that guy was just bsing me lol) ??
Old 08-01-2005, 11:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Glad you are allright bro, I've got a fender, bumper, hood, anything you need.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:31 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

are you ok?? if you need any thing from korea i am here. they should never ask you to tell the story right after the accident. the same shit happen to me before. there is so much going on in you head you cant think and the list go on and on..
Old 08-01-2005, 11:54 PM

Glad you are ok man. Very sad to hear this story 02.gif