The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

On My Way To The Beach.....

Old 07-30-2007, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So yesterday it was around 80 and was going to be a clear sunny day over at the west coast, so i decided to call up a friend of mine to go over to the beach and have some fun! so instead of takin the main road and bein stuck in traffic for 2+ hours i decided to take the back roads (windy curvy roads that no one knows or really drives) so everything was fine we were havin some fun drivin through corners and then all of a sudden BANG BANG!!! i hit a pothole and it totally destroyed my sidewall on my toyo proxes 4 tire. not only that it scrathed my ADR2 rim up and it looks like it bent the inside wall of the rim. i had to store my tib at the tow trucks joint and now i am takin the tire mounted on my bent rim back to my tib and takin it home. i dont know if the rim needs to be replaced yet, its kinda a small bend and looks like it may only be bent on the lip (hopefully) but ya, i never made it to the beach!

also if the rim does need to be replaced would insurance cover that you think or would it be out of pocket? i mean c'mon it was a roadhazard i think that should be covered by insurance and if it inst that sucks!

this is the rim with a new toyo proxes 4 on it...
Old 07-30-2007, 12:47 PM

That's not that bad at all, you should see the rim I just unbent and sanded down, lol. It's most likely just the lip that is bent. Take the tire off, take a torch to the bend and hammer it out. Then sand it down and repaint it. Or just go and buy a new one.

Also, insurance definetly will not cover that. They are aftermarket rims, not original rims that are part of the car.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That doesnt look too bad. I remember hitting a huge pothole (that really I didnt see) and it bent my rim pretty good. Luckily, my rims are lightweight so we were able to bang the bend out.

Like Tibbychick said, you could probably torch and hammer the bend out; or just buy a new one if that doesnt work.

Potholes suck.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:39 PM

well good news, there isnt any real problem with the rim other than visible damage but its not too bad. almost looks like i barely curbed it.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:46 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you should have seen mine. i took three of them out, two at once in multiple locations. those days sucked!! it's becuase our cars aren't meant to be hooked up in this way. it's the bigger sidewalled cars that can have 17' and bigger tires. our tires are simply too small.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Go check your INTRO thread out before I delete your account.