The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

my tib rear ended!!

Old 10-02-2003, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

damn. can't believe this....

i was stopped at a traffic light...then this guy behind me stops. THEN he drives, and bam.

yeah, i got rear ended just like that, while i was stopped at a traffic light.

although it was just a minor scratch on the rear bumper, it's still a scratch!!! and i think the bumper is kinda pushed in a little bit.

called police, went to collision reporting center, and just called the insurance. they'll call me back again tomarrow.

damn...i hate driving in downtown. stupidest people you can ever find.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:28 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ouch, sorry man. Stupid people suck.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:53 AM

That is terrible. Yes driving in downtown does really suck. Nice cars (like ours) seem to have bullseyes on them, for people to scratch or dent. Where abouts downtown were you?
Old 10-03-2003, 08:41 AM

People just do not care... See, I would have been upset.. especially if it had happened to my fiat.. those flimsy chrome bumpers on that car do not do a thing for protection from anything with greater mass than a bicycle.

I feel you though.. I am hoping everything works out good with your insurance.. or in reality.. HIS insurance since he nailed you.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:12 PM

yeah that sux but what sux worse is when you have an airbrushed superman on your car and some ****ing idiot hits the side.. how about that one be glad that it is just a scratch and no one is hurt. but still sux.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:56 PM

any damage sucks... Does not matter if the car is stock or fixed up.. it is still YOUR car and somebody violated it.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:39 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

thanx guys for your emotional supports...

canadianshark74: i was on avenue rd. at around bloor st.

i'm working on the insurance part, hopefully they'll let me fix it 100% at his cost...

now, when i go to the shop to get an estimate, i wanna tell them to replace the whole bumper, rather than just re-painting it, just so i can rip off the other guy's ass...that'd be amazing!!!!! evil.gif :twisted:
Old 10-04-2003, 07:06 AM

Tibs are pretty tough cars... I got involved in an accident a few years ago. I was entering a traffic circle behind another car (about five car lengths back) and the road was a little slick.. guy in the circle did not give way and the two collided and the car I was following came to REAL rapid halt.. I locked up the wheels a little and tried to steer around... didn't quite make it and my passenger side nailed his back bumper on the driver's side.. I had the paint rubbed off my bumper and a few scratches on the headlight.. I compleatly ripped the plastic off of his car.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:55 AM

If your bumper has a gouge in it, they will replace it. I had something similar happen to me 2 years ago. There was virtually no damage to his car and my bill (which was paid by his insurance) was over $1100.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:24 PM

BAH! A gouge!
Here's something to cheer ya up:

One of Mechanics @ work a couple years ago got rear ended, AT FULL SPEED! He was stopped. The IDIOT in a friggin' TRUCK, with Bush gaurds!!! (You can see the indent in the damage) hit him at like 50km/h

Air bags went off and all.
Oh yeah, 1600KM on the car, NOT EVEN ONE PAYMENT YET!
like $13000 Damage, yeah frame damage too. He kept the car for about a year, and now drives an 03 Elantra GT.

The broken windshield is not from the passenger's head, it's from the airbag hitting it.