The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My Professor Sucks Ass!

Old 11-18-2005, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

yes but this is a theoredical tree

your grade is your grade

a good piece of advice would be to follow what he says but show him proof that the tree can last longer than the building

he would respect you for suckin ass and then proving him wrong

there are times in life that you will get customers that are the same way and to get your paycheck you gotta do what they say...
Old 11-19-2005, 02:59 AM

dude, go to the biology department and see if you can find a botonist. Get info from that individual who will prove you correct and see if they can helped you. If not, I would print out information about the state tree and take it to the professor to prove your point. I had a professor in Constitutional law that was being an ass and I had actually called the Dean's office threatening to file a report/grievence against him before he would listen to me.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:38 AM

faith is right.

its your grade...you'll prove him wrong - you'll get an enemy for yourself. finish teh school and then prove him whateva you want..
Old 11-19-2005, 08:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CyberShark @ Nov 19 2005, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>dude, go to the biology department and see if you can find a botonist. Get info from that individual who will prove you correct and see if they can helped you.</div>

Best advise yet.

Then smack him, and read him the results while you and the botanist Teabag him.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:44 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

See if you can find other examples of buidlings that were built around a tree(s) also. If others have done it, why can't you?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:53 PM

No matter what, your grade cannot be altered because you have physical proof they are WRONG. They are architects... not botanists. If your grade suffers because they are just stuck up, you have a lovely case for the dean.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

yes but

they can outright make his grade slip slowly...

there is ways to fail him and not show that they failed him cuz of that pecan tree incident

cops can be d!cks and you would have a case against them but proving what they did becomes his word vs yours
Old 11-19-2005, 10:58 PM

Honestly man, it comes down to a simple question. Do you feel that the what you'd lose by having to modify your project and the fact that you have to swallow your pride is too much? Because some people have to be right, no matter what (just like your professor). You can take that route, but Faith has a point, if you piss him off too much, there are ways to kill your grade, especially since I would have to assume that the majority of the grading in an architecture class is subjective. But on the other hand, you do have the opportunity to cram it down his throat, and maybe even bring him to the realization that he's a dick (which I doubt). I won't venture an opinion into what you should do, but I think your big decision is based on whether you think your professor is a really vindictive prick who will fail you because you took great lengths to prove him wrong, and if the satisfaction of being right will outweigh these risks. The choice is yours. May the Force be with you Padawan.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:26 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Nov 18 2005, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>jon, keep going after it. print these facts up, from well-reputed sources and show them to everyone on the jury or whatever. it would be a really nice courtyard.</div>

Exactly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CyberShark @ Nov 19 2005, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>dude, go to the biology department and see if you can find a botonist. Get info from that individual who will prove you correct and see if they can helped you. If not, I would print out information about the state tree and take it to the professor to prove your point.</div>

Good point, if he won't believe you, point him in the right direction. If you show you know your stuff, or at least where you've gotten it. He might understand.

Keep in mind that it really depends on your design. You had better make sure the tree has the things it needs to stay healthy. That could be why they are hesitant, or even against the idea.

You picked a tough life man, with Arcitecture you can never please everybody. Someone is gonna hate a design or thought.

Prove your right. Kick his @$$ Seabass!
Old 11-21-2005, 05:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I think I'm gonna bring it up in light conversation at first. But if he mentions it again in front of other people during the final critique, I'm gonna let it all out. Thanks for the reassurance.