Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   The Char Pit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/)
-   -   My Opinion (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/my-opinion-51827/)

REDZMAN 05-13-2009 08:01 PM

It's all in how you describe it. Obviously you shouldn't have bought it if you were worried about future resale value. You modify anything and it'll be worth less than blue book for almost anyone.

$5k?

Maybe.

But $21K of memories?

Hell yeah.

I've made enough great lifelong friends from working on this site, and having this car, and have had more great memories built up in the same ways, that it way outweighs the difference in money.

Experience is another one that can't be rationalized out. I've learned how to work on cars, I've learned some new ways of thinking and new ways of driving.

If you treat your car like a pile, it'll drive like a pile. And yeah, if you drive a pile, it'll fall apart on you. Treat your stuff good, from the start, and you get to do something like I did today.

Break 100,000 miles going over 100 MPH. I gots the video to prove it.

For me it is my hobby, it keeps me from drinking as much as I could, and it keeps my mind and body busy.

Rayne9707 05-14-2009 12:17 AM

I have to dissagree that the rd tib's are anything like civics. Civics are everywhere i rarely see a rd's it gives you a sense of uniqueness. I really dont think the rd2 will look out dated anytime soon instal HID's convert your lighting to leds and i think they look pretty new. Its a great design. Its also a practical car its quick and economical. I love my tiburon and will never sell it but it all comes down to what would make you happy.

Bommello 05-14-2009 12:39 AM

Everybody pretty much summed it up, but I'll chime in as well. I personally love my car. Yes it was pretty much gifted to me, but I have put a lot of time, money, and heart into it. I know it's not the best looking out there, hell no where near the fastest (it's an auto) but honestly that's what keeps me going. We have a pretty extensive Tiburon club out in Tampa and guess what I'm the only RD that is out there, 01Steve pops in from time to time.

HKC pretty much summed things up. I do the same as he does and go out just to look at my car. Hell the thing is beautiful. Yes, sometimes I think about maybe getting a GK or something, but then I take her out and forget about that in a sec. I find the uniqueness of being an RD owner fun and quite nice. Tuning does suck, especially hanging out with a bunch of GKs with their great deal of support, but hell we get by don't we? lol. At the end, it's up to you. Yea it's nice to have something new and popular, but can you afford it and how much do you enjoy being set aside/something different?

That's why I plan on never getting rid of my RD, I love this thing and what it has done for me. Meet lots of great people and have had a great time so far with the car. I have plans, some big some small, for the car this upcoming fall and honestly can't phantom getting a different car......... and definitely not a Honda.

Btw.... Good Job Redz will have to consider doing that when I reach my 100k fing02.gif

lilo shark 05-14-2009 09:34 PM

well, i guess for my year i'm pretty low on miles 145k on the body but yes, i love the car but it's just i hate people looking down on me casue they used to look up to me. now i'm just an outdated guy.02.gif i dont want to get rid of it cause of so many memories and i love the torque for an import that is nonturbo. the tib has so many factors to it that so many other imports around it's range dont like pw, all wheel disc brakes, pm, sway bars, etc. i love the car it's just the fact that finding stuff is not easy anymore unless on line. i can just go to the junk since there is so many here but those parts will only last for so long.

did anyone read last months car and driver, i think about how they did a article about imports? it's just a fab now and will dissappear like muscle cars. soon youll just be driving it on the weekends and looking for rare parts on ebay. i find that to be true cause i so regret not buying the turby side skirts when they were cheap. there is so many things that are biting me in the ass right now. but if i keep her it's all going to be for restoration. to hold on to the first memories of hyundai bringing in a sport coupe to show that they can stand up for Korea and put against Japan.

HyundaiKitCoupe 05-15-2009 12:31 AM

haha mine turned 100,000 going .09 miles per hour in beltway traffik after work. i just looked down and noticed randomly. i was expecting some party, nope. i was going so slow the zero didn't fully come up.

most people sell these cars are because they are missing some flavor. as RED Z said, you don't buy a POS hyundai for resale or quality. i think it's a matter of flavor. if you love what you have done, done it with good taste, you will keep the car and love it. if the mods are not that nice like a lot of stuff i see even on this forum and elsewhere because of lack of aftermarket, it is easily unappealing and quickly gets old. to me, lack of aftermarket isn't a substitute for taste. rims are the first thing that make the car, and a lot of them make me want to throw up my coffee 1. because i've seen them at SEARS and 2. you can make halloween cookies with them. a lot of U.K. guys man, they buy these rims i know are ugly but they don't know. low and behold a year later the car is sold.

for instance i've seen some SUPER nice Supras and WRX's on campus. mmph so damn nice. anyone can easily fall in love and be jealous, even the Porsche guys start staring. they make my tiburon look sh-tty. you can tell they will cherish their work forever. but then i see some pretty distasteful WRX's and Supras. You can tell they're just like anything else on the street, dumb rims that don't match the car and some cruddy import "JDM 'yo" look.

bomello summed it up there too.

Rayne got it down too.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>instal HID's convert your lighting to leds.</div>
lot of people don't even do this. or don't install all 4 HID's like they should. to me, lighting is the number one safety at night. why not have the best of it, HID's got for uner $100 these days. there is no excuse not to have HID's in foglights, and anyone who gives a good excuse well i have yet to hear one because what i heard so far is a load. and the people i heard it from have 50 posts on this forum or have disappeared.

lilo shark 05-15-2009 03:47 PM

i was looking into hids since i have the korean headlights, still got to hook up the drl's.