The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

my girlfriend's mom..

Old 03-16-2005, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just out of curiosity.. ever think about talking to the mom? Just her mom, without your G/f present.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:15 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

The more and more you post, the more and more comes out.

Here's the deal zoned, you're both young, her moreso than you. Her mom is prolly crazy, god knows all us guys here have run into that.

As for what to do, just let it flow, if she likes you she'll stick around, if not. Her mom is doing a good thing.

As for the mom, whenever there is pressure from parents the kids always say their crazy, (in this case I'm leaning more to the crazy part) but take a step back and think a little bit.

You're not going to listen to me, but my advice to you is, forget about it and move on. Let her know how YOU feel and when she grows up a bit she'll realize any feelings she had for you and either forget about you, or come back. Simple as that.

And the mom, she's just protecting her baby. God knows I would from you wink1.gif j/k wink1.gif
Old 03-16-2005, 06:28 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

yes i had a long conversation with the mom, it took me a lot to really stay calm, i had to just keep my guns loaded and bringing her back to the same question of "why do you hate me", as she would often spout off on irrational tangents .. in the end she ended up telling me that it wasn't her doing any of this, but that my gf wanted to break it off with me .. this was a lie.
it's just so wrong for parents to do this. unless of course there really IS a legitimate problem with the guy ... but i get good grades, not a pothead, etc. about 3 months ago i had her mother eating out of the palm of my hand, shed do anything for me. i think she's starting to realize her baby daughter is starting to grow up, and she is blaming me.
silvertibbs i know forgetting about it will be tough, but you really think i should
honestly, what i want to do is just keep it going. there are ways around her mom, sneaking, lying, etc. im hoping if we can stay together, that within a few months her mom will eventually get over the fact that she's growing up, and maybe she won't hate me for it.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:29 PM

^^ Take his advice... Your uber young. If you do though like her as much as you say, talk to her mom continually. Well until there is a restraining order put in place. Not only does it show the girl that you care, it should atleast show her mom you got chracter, and shows her dad you have balls.

EDIT... DANG you post quick .. WHen i say his i mean Silvertibs ..
Old 03-16-2005, 06:36 PM

Hrmm.. Take it from me.. Finish school, date casually, get your life in order, then get REAL serious.. Its hard being young and doing the serious thing.. Granted, I love my wife and son, but I know it was hard and stupid of me to get serious early (and I was 18).. Just keep in contact, let her grow up, you grow up.. Goto college or get a good payin job, then work on a relationship..
Old 03-16-2005, 07:07 PM

if the moms messed up i recomend possibly Emancipation?
Old 03-16-2005, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

already accepted, im not going too far from home. i guess i've always kind of accepted the fact that when i leave any relationship i have will pretty much sort of fizzle out.
i just really miss her now .. and it hurts, especially all the mean shit her mom said to me.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:36 PM

theres some good advice in these posts man, im only almost 2 yrs older than u but i had this similar situation. i was the younger kid tho hehe, gf i almost 22 now, anyways, if u guys really love eachother and its meant to be things will work out, so take the adive of letting it just flow and things will come around, the hard part is just waiting. I did it and it worked out for me so far, just try to be cool and patient dude good luck to you seems as though you really care for her.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:49 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

If she really means alot to you, and you mean alot to her then just be friends until things settle down...
Old 03-16-2005, 07:53 PM

Worst possible thing you could do is sneak around. Just be up front and honest. Personally I would just move on to the next girl, but if you really do think it's worth it, try to make it work...with everyone knowing. Makes things much easier...