The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Moving From Rd To Nt

Old 02-09-2008, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what u dont understand is that listing stuff for sale is not only for my benefit...i list things because if i dont need something...i figure someone else does and it might help them out if its something they could really use...i agree pictures would help...and im working on that...im making the transition from rd to newtiburon and i have a lot of things that are of no use to me...im sorry if that makes me some kind of trader or something for selling my rd and getting an 03...just thought i could get rid of some of my stuff and help other tib lovers get the stuff they need....and when i say im still learning...i dont mean learning about tibs...i mean learning how the site works and how to navigate everything...if i knew everything about the site when i joined, this wouldnt be happening...but obviously im new and didnt know all of these rules were in place..they are a lot more friedly and interested in helping ppl on nt...maybe u guys should give that a try....
Old 02-09-2008, 03:04 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Don't worry. Just sell your stuff. Z was being mindful of the fact that you don't have much reputation on this site and you are selling 2 sets of seats in a week. Why don't you introduce yourself in your post as "so and so from newtiburon.com" and link to something credible over there so that we have a reference. This way you become more known and not just a fly-by-night seat salesman.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:12 PM

I moved this to Gripes as this part of the forum is a better place for your question/complaint.

To add to what others have said. We are not anti-new peoiple. We are (like most forums are) quite suspecious of people who sign on and only sell stuff. In the past we have gotten a few "Fly by night" sellers who sold stuff and then never shipped. I hope you can understand why we are a little wary of how you are doing this.

Please.. best way to both make people more comfortible with you and to get more response to your items.. post pictures. They say a picture says a thousand words.. in this case it also builds trust. Post pics, sell your stuff, ship your stuff, and join in on the rest of the forums.. we can be some pretty fun people.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Ill let the admins decide what they want to do with your FS threads.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Feb 9 2008, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Don't worry. Just sell your stuff. Z was being mindful of the fact that you don't have much reputation on this site and you are selling 2 sets of seats in a week. Why don't you introduce yourself in your post as "so and so from newtiburon.com" and link to something credible over there so that we have a reference. This way you become more known and not just a fly-by-night seat salesman.</div>
Z didn't close the threads.

whytch - you're new here, you haven't posted hardly at all, you have provided no proof that the product is for sale. It would be incredibly easy for anyone to come here, sell a couple items and get the money, then disappear with no way of tracking. I have been on several large forums where they won't allow people to participate in the Classifieds section (buying or selling) until they've been around for a certain amount of time AND had a minimum number of posts.

If you can provide proof of product and give some assurance for buyer protection, that would really help your situation. We are here to protect our members. We have had quite a few COMPANIES screw people over without any way of our members retrieving their money. If you had been around for the last 5 years, you would have seen several examples of this.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

You keep saying we're not friendly to new people, and yes, that is the case. Reason being, we'd much rather protect the other members on here rather than being 'friendly' to new people and get ripped off. You may not be a ripoff kind of guy, but only time will tell. So sorry for not being 'friendly' and letting you sell whatever you want, but we'd much rather be safe than sorry and protect the other members on here.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you and 1000 people before you including me. then 999 people realized this was the best forum on the internet and members/staff actually help you and take care of you. We are family here and the only reason we have rules and are strict is because we have had waaay too much bologni happen in the past and staff members and a few other members are here or have been permanently here from the start.

i checked out newtiburon.com for myself. i'm nothing but a kind, happy, cheeky, friendly, giving, positive, everything british, non-offensive team player and i got shunned out of that place. no help, and 75% of the people on there are drama mamas and trolls.

100% members and a few from NT have and will back me when i say that forum is a waste of effort. They're all about Tokyo Drifting and ricing, no sentiment and no passion. You show them a photo of your RD and you'll get 100 views with 1 reply "looks good" and that's it. Let's count here. 6 whole hearted replys in a non-informative non-productive thread. Good luck, and we wish you well. fing02.gif
Old 02-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

You think we're bad?!? We aren't allowed to BREATHE a word of our forums over there (like you just referring to them here) without being banished!! They're nazis compared to us!! They run their forums as a business, to generate a profit - we run ours to provide information, knowledge, help, and a place for transacting business. We have two different approaches.

I have nothing against the staff at NT - nothing at all - but they are much more strict on their rules than we are here, TRUST me...

haha, you say we're bad... I took the following WORD FOR WORD, COPY AND PASTE from the NewTiburon.com forums...

"You must have at least 50 posts to sell an item/items on NewTiburon. If you do not have 50 posts but are a long time member, please PM an Administrator. If you violate this rule, your thread will be deleted without notice."

So, if we were to adopt NewTiburon's philosophy, your thread would have been deleted without notice. You wouldn't have been told, it wouldn't have been closed, it simply would have disappeared without telling you. Yeah... and we're the bad ones eyeroll.gif all we want are pictures and proof of the product.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

First off, if you are going to post, at least pretend you've been to school and are familiar with an enter button. I was ignoring this post till I saw my name brought into it. If you type like you are 2, you'll be treated as such, on ANY website.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>i agree pictures would help...and im working on that...</div>

Great. As discussed with you yesterday in the shoutbox, you need to get some sort of credibility, and one way to do that is to sign up as a premier member. Another is to post a bit, in other threads, so folks don't automatically assume you are a scam artist and then contact the STAFF about it. Another way is to post pics of your parts.

Many ways my man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>im making the transition from rd to newtiburon and i have a lot of things that are of no use to me...im sorry if that makes me some kind of trader or something for selling my rd and getting an 03...</div>

No, that makes you a TRAITOR, a trader is someone that gives someone an item, for another item. Doesn't even really make you a traitor though, it's still a Hyundai, even if it is slower and uglier than the RD. Anyone is welcome here, but anyone else posting as you did, would have been notified to us, and we would have taken the same steps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>just thought i could get rid of some of my stuff and help other tib lovers get the stuff they need....</div>

We'd rather have a member not buy your part and be safe, then buy your part and possibly be screwed. Parts are available everywhere.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>if i knew everything about the site when i joined, this wouldnt be happening...but obviously im new and didnt know all of these rules were in place..</div>

Any time you join any site, the first thing you should do is read the rules. Second thing you should do is stick around for a bit, and see how things are run, post for awhile, get known, then sell stuff if you need to.

You think old western outposts just let someone in that they didn't know to trade?

Not without a gun pointed at them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>they are a lot more friedly and interested in helping ppl on nt...maybe u guys should give that a try....</div>

Uhm, are you referring to Newtiburon.com ? If so, then we know you are lying. That site is the reason our site is run how it is. Our site is a bit strict on posting, and it keeps the threads from all turning to bullshit, though we still get our share of those. We demand certain things from new members, and yeah, reading the rules for each section is one of them.

BTW, you'd NEVER get someone from NT sitting in the shoutbox with you for an hour explaining how to ship items for the least amount of hassle and money.

Never.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:19 PM

Trust me. You don't want to go over there. I started over there. If you think people here, are unhelpful, going over there would be like having a half-blind retarded person rebuild your engine. They were 100% the reason i came here, and I have NEVER looked back. People on here are 1000% more helpful and willing to answer your questions, even if they may seem rough sometimes. Usually its just a rule you missed or something. No big deal. Just fix it and don't take it personally.