The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Mieneke Ruined My O2 Sensor

Old 08-18-2005, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so, last week my flexpipe broke.. and not wanting to put a new exhaust system on my car JUST yet.. I took it to Mieneke for repair.

$199 later, I drove away with a new flexpipe. Having been sick with Pnumonia recently, I have barely driven the car since. Today though, feeling better, I took her for a ride and the CEL came on. Stopping by Advanced Auto, I had the code read and it was the second o2 sensor.

Once I got under the car to look, I can see why, the welding they did was about an inch from the sensor. So I called Mieneke and they are certain that the wiring is disconnected.. so I have to bring it in on saturday (best time for them and me) for them to look at it.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

Thats retarded.

I hate bringin my car to places that do not take responsibilty for something they did.

I brought my car to goodyear to have my rims put on, and they stripped a stud. So they wanted 100$ to replace it and like 2 hrs worth the work for something they did. Its so dang annoying.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:55 PM

I thought the second o2 sensor plug was inside the car under the shift surround.
someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I had an exhaust shop put the sensor in the screw bung, then place it in the hole so they can locate where to weld it. The welding machine pretty much fried the sensor. I didn't find out til days later.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:54 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TibyRacer01 @ Aug 18 2005, 02:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I thought the second o2 sensor plug was inside the car under the shift surround.
someone correct me if im wrong.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
he has a 1st gen, its a different set up
Old 08-18-2005, 05:14 PM

I have a 2nd gen, and no Os plug under the shifter surround either. Is that only for tibs that came with the 2 cat setup?
Old 08-18-2005, 11:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

there are two O2 sensors. one up front before the cat and one after the cat.

i'm dealing with this biz right now. meineke pulled off my sensor and left it in the header to be sent to the scrap yard. my fault because i come the next morning and it's gone. so i had to pay $50 for a new one!

they also put the rear sensor in the front! WTF?!

well, they're not paying to put in the sensors this time. it's my fault because i should have kept a close eye on it.

what a pain in the arse. good luck with getting it fixed... try resetting your ECU.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:30 AM

^^ Of course, but there are also two CATS on some tibs. I was wondering if it was only RD2s with two cats that have the 2nd plug under the shifter baseplate.

I don't see how it could be your fault if they threw away a sensor. How stupid is that, it's 100% their fault. You're being taken advantage of. I would file a complaint with the BBB at the least.

That's one reason why I always specify that I want to keep anything removed. Even if I'm just going to throw it away, at least I have proof they actually replaced something, or didn't remove something that didn't actually need replacing just to screw me.

There's probably a meineke employee listing a Tiburon O2 sensor on ebay right now. smile.gif BTW, I have done business with several meinekes, and they have all been blatantly dishonest. I recommend you find a good local shop, even if it's slightly more expensive.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Aug 19 2005, 12:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>well, they're not paying to put in the sensors this time. it's my fault because i should have kept a close eye on it.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
Are you joking? Tell me that's some form of sarcasm.
I would have their ass for that. It's not your job to pay attention to that. What if you were some poor old lady? Is it her job to know that the sensors are different? Make em pay!!!
Old 08-20-2005, 01:01 AM

strangest thing... the CEL went out.. it still comes on when I go to start the car during the self test... I guess my car fixed itself?

And yes, I had reset the computer... TWICE.. and the CEL came back both times.