The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Michgan Deer

Old 01-03-2007, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Took out a deer driving on a back road last night, ironically the same fender that Socks lost in his hit and run. Deer managed to localize the damage pretty well... the fender looks like wrapping paper but the hood, bumper, and door all just have very small scratches and the skirt is dented a little. Unlike Socks' problems though, I've got full coverage, so she goes in next Monday for a full repair and I'm only out $100.

The good news? The fender that got smashed already had a dent in it, so it'll be better then it was before when I get it back. smile.gif
Old 01-03-2007, 04:29 PM

lucky you...
Old 01-03-2007, 06:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah it happens all the time. you just have to have lots of practice driving crazy around town, you'll learn to avoid things poppin' out at you from nowhere.

one thing i try to do is when i'm 80% sure something will pop out at night, go really really slow. also deer will keep running no matter what. i think you're better off steering into it.

i hit a deer once luckily brought the car down to 5mph. it was soo stupid, the ass went up on my car and then it slid on the road, got up and trotted away. i couldn't do anything because i was braking, car to my left, curb to my right. lucky the deer had me behind the wheel to teach its ass a lesson smile.gif