The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Large Puddle + Cai - By-pass Valve

Old 07-17-2009, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Being in the field im in, motors get hydrolocked ALL the time.

Pull the plugs out, disconnect power to the fuel pump, spin the motor over and let the compression push the water out of the plug holes.

Luckly our engines have a bit of tolerance to them unlike a BMW or higher end names like that which are ZERO tolerance and will bend valves instantly
Old 07-18-2009, 02:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Yeah it's definitely hydro locked. Tried to start it today and got nothing and when I took off the intake piping water poured out of the MAF. A friend of mine is coming over tomorrow and we're gonna pull the plugs and push it out like dddude and searay tech suggested. Then change the oil. It's time and there's probably water in it too.

Again guys thanks for the help and I'll let ya know when I get it started.

Since I'll be disconecting the power from the fuel pump maybe I'll do the rear seat delete while I'm at it. Who knows. Depends on how many yeunglings I have. smile.gif

Well, I cleared the water out and changed the oil. But when I started the car it knocks like crazy. Did I bend a valve? I hope not.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:22 PM

Might wanna seafoam it too.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

When you first start it it's going to run rough. Like miss fires and the like. There will be some water in the exhast pipe that needs to be pushed out and probably some water in the intake manifold that is still getting sucked in. Once that's all gone it should run fine.

I was worried mine was pucked when I got it started as well but I took it for a quick drive and it started to get a bit better. Like I said there is likely water in the system still being pulled in the engine bit by bit causing miss fires and other issues. Most likely will be fine after running a while. I have faith in the beta block

It was suggested I change my oil as well but I didnt have any water in it so idk. The oil that was taken out didnt have any signs of having water in it so we put it back in lol. Only had about 100 miles on the oil that was in it.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:58 PM

The oil looked like coffee so it def. had water in it. Even after changing the oil it still looks the same on the dip stick, light brown like coffee. And the knocking didn't get any better. It's constant and in time with the engine speed. So I think the head gasket might be blown. Not sure if it would cause the knock though. I figure the cold water hitting the hot engine cracked it or something else in the engine.

How long should it take to get everything out? I let it run for about ten minutes, but with the knock I was afraid to let it go too long.

I've got my insurance coming to look at it hopefully they can do something to help, but I'm not holding my breath. Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:51 PM

Just a little update. My insurance is covering a new engine. Apparently it's considered flood damage. Should take about two weeks to get my car back to me, but I'll probably have to pay a little bit to get my 1.8 cam back, but it'll be less than buying a new one. If nothing else I'll just get the XD cam if they can't get my old one out for me.

Here's video of the engine cranking without the plugs in it.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q-HyZPBNFUI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q-HyZPBNFUI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 07-24-2009, 01:43 PM

Just cuz its a shark dosent mean it can go under water...

Dang thats alot of water.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah, you were at higher RPM's for sure.

LOL

Dude, that's one of the greatest videos ever. We need to set that up as a music video.

I see why you are supposed to use a towel now.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

wow... interesting video. I'd like to get a head-on shot, so we can get music with the firing order.

Hopefully not, BOOM BOOM POW
Old 07-24-2009, 11:22 PM

The first time I cranked it my friend got a head on shot. The water bounced off the hood and right into his face. He wasn't too happy, but it was funny. Next time I hydro-lock my engine I'll be sure to get video from all angles. nana.gif