The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Its Only Monday

Old 10-29-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I went to class. then took my car to midas to cut my muffler off to get what i thought was rocks out (thought maybe messed w my car and put rocks in it) it ended up bein the inside of my cat converter... Parts and labor they said would be lil over $600!!! Said see ya later and ill figure somethin out... not ten minutes after i leave i found out theres a problem with my current living situation at school GREAT!!!!!!!! And now I just found out the problem with my gas tank that will cost me looks like over $200....

Its monday folks. 2 of those 3 problems happened before 1pm...
Old 10-29-2007, 11:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

damn what the hell. what kinds of mods do you have? i've never had any problems with mine, never heard of your problem...
Old 10-29-2007, 11:27 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

aww...that sucks...02.gif

want a cookie? smile.gif my homemade ones can make ANYONE feel better smile.gif no they dont have any special ingredients if thats what your thinking! tongue.gif
Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Your cat gutted itself, not too big of a deal really, not $600 bux worth, they just seen you were in a bind and are taking advantage.

I went to a mechanic when my first exhaust fell off (way back in the day) and he must have thought he could dupe me cuz he quoted me at $650 just to re-weld on my exhaust that fell off (would have consisted of welding a flange on two pipes and bolting it back up.) Needless to say i didnt get it done there.

For your situation, they just need to get you a new cat, and use a poker to jam out the guts while the exhaust is torn apart. Chances are if you had a straight through muffler the honey comb would cave just came all the way out lol.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:15 AM

I do have a straight through but one of the pieces was too big for the hole. I have 2.5" with mag muffler. and I looked at a few places...New cat is more then $400. which is why i might just say screw that time for some cheap 4-2-1 or 4-1 headers with no cat
Old 10-30-2007, 09:54 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

what year and beta I II. do you want me to send you one from here from the junk yards.

get you a long screwdriver and a hammer and gut it its not that hard