The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Its bikers like this that makes alot of us look really bad

Old 08-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Its bikers like this that makes alot of us look really bad

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>State Patrol: Injured trooper taunted by motorcyclists

A State Patrol trooper who was pinned in his patrol car following an accident Tuesday evening was taunted by a group of motorcyclists he had been chasing, the State Patrol says.

Trooper Brian Salyer radioed State Patrol dispatch at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday that he was trying to catch up with a group of motorcyclists traveling at more than 100 mph from southbound Interstate 405 to northbound Interstate 5. As Salyer tried to get close enough to identify the lead motorcycle, two other riders intentionally cut in front of his patrol car, forcing him to swerve and slam on the brakes, according to the State Patrol.

Salyer lost control of the patrol car on the ramp from northbound I-5 to northbound state Highway 599, struck the guardrail and rolled several times before ending up in a ditch.

Salyer was pinned in his damaged patrol car. He later told investigators that as he was struggling to get out, at least two of the motorcycle riders pulled up to within 30 feet of his car, got off their motorcycles and begin taunting him by clapping and laughing. They then rode off as other motorists began pulling up to the scene.

Salyer was taken to Seattle's Harborview Medical Center for treatment of a mild concussion, head and neck lacerations and bumps and bruises, according to the State Patrol. The 22-year State Patrol veteran was expected to be released from the hospital by early Wednesday morning.

The State Patrol says information and descriptions of the motorcycle riders are being withheld until detectives can interview all potential witnesses and collect evidence.</div>

I know cops can be dicks sometimes and they can harass us for having mods, but this is really messed up! Just like how some idiot street racers make tuners look bad, there are alot of bikers out there that make the rest of us look really bad too. headshake.gif
Old 08-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

That looks like it was here, and the highways match.

I'm not surprised.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Yeah, it was in Seattle!

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Wash-troop...-100406494.html
Old 08-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I wonder if they have video in their patrol cars. Hope for license plate capture
Old 08-11-2010, 06:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

not sure how amateur the cop must have been, but he's in a 4,000 pound hunk of gas-guzzling tank and this article says that 300 pound motorcycles caused him to swerve? nice on his behalf, but he did it to himself. he should also have known that a motorcycle, especially in a gang, are not worth chasing and is dangerous in attempting so.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well realize this hkc

if he was a RESPECTABLE COP he wouldve swerved if someone was switching lanes into his on a motorcycle. no real cop wants to know he killed someone.

oh and visionz i always thought it was the tapout/wifebeater/white-framed sunglasses at night/big bling chain that make bikers look bad tongue.gif
Old 08-12-2010, 12:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^no definently the balding guys with leather and tassels...
Old 08-13-2010, 12:51 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well lets not generalize and say that all bikers make car tuners look bad, there are the exception of bikers just like there are the exception for tuners, that are outrageously wreckless with a complete disregard for law and general safety....

As a biker and a tuner i have to refute that incinuation...

Of course these guys acted inappropriately, but they hardly represent the entire biking population...

EDIT, ok, i misread and misunderstood what you wrote... sorry...