The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Its Been A Bad Day

Old 02-10-2008, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well today hasn't been so great. I'm in the process of fixing my electrical system in my car, as well as trying to figure out how the hell im burning oil, before I even think about putting a turbo on my tib.

What really pissed me off though, was that I went to autozone to have my alternator tested, and was told by one of the employees there that turbo'ing the car would kill it. He said that "Hon-dais" are by no means performance cars, and that I shouldn't waste my time. Seeing that I already have most of the turbo parts, I'm not about to back away from the tib now. Asshole even said I should trade it in on an old civic and buy a $500 turbo kit. My problem is that I don't get why the hell my 140hp car can't be a "performance car", but a 106 hp 1.6L civic can. How can he fault me for my car, but then openly suggest a car with almost 40 less horsepower? Last time I checked, my tib would destroy a civic stock for stock. Now dont get me wrong, I have nothing against Honda or the civics, but I have a definite problem with people who tell me that it would make a better "sports car" than my tiburon. I'm so sick and tired of being looked down upon for tuning a tib. I wish there were more of you guys around here. All Ive got here are freaking mustangs, which I can either beat, or get destroyed (GT's) by.

not to mention he rubbed it in my face that he had a Sti.
mad.gif
Old 02-10-2008, 05:31 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Tell him to grow up and do some research. Then tell him to come down to New Mexico this summer and I will show him how slow his STI is. wink1.gif
Old 02-10-2008, 06:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

lol for sure a lot of Tibs would kill his STi. And thats funny he told you to buy a civic and a $500 turbo kit. LOL
Old 02-10-2008, 06:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

next time you're up there tell him to youtube "kellydood vs sti"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dPFuMjqL72s

gotta love sht talkers. that's why i love rd tiburons. nobody has one, you don't see them, and wait until the genesis coupe comes out and tears up the streets.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:45 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

f*ck em. They dont know crap, i got told nearly the same thing by an autozone guy.

like 2 years ago I was looking for a radiator tube that i could cobb into a recirculation pipe to get rid of my CEL so i could get an inspection (NYS at the time), he asked me what it was and i explained how it would work as a recirc pipe for my turbo tib, he said, "no way bro, hyundai engines cant handle boost, you get 1psi of boost and that engine will blow up man"

I'm like "i must be super lucky then running 10psi every day, dont worry man, stick to your civics"
Old 02-10-2008, 08:09 PM

The autozone dude cant help it, some people are just born stupid, why do you think he works there any ways? To get a discount on all the bolt on ricer shi*.
Just take his crap for now and go back when you have ur turbo and rip his shi*. People like that just add fuel to the fire.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:16 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The only reason Hondas got their names is because they used to be cheap and reliable cars. People naturally weren't happy with their slow, reliable Hondas and started working on them. Everyone had one, and everyone was unhappy with them, so naturally parts were produced cheaply and in great numbers. After the F&F, people associated Civics with turbochargers.

Basically, turbo Hondas are a dime a dozen. Our cars can handle nitrous and turbos just fine. We've got plenty of people turboed on stock internals and a few running Nitrous with no negative side effects. Personally, my car runs nitrous like a champ. I've run more then 10 large tanks of nitrous into my engine just fine.

You can modify any car. Hondas are cheap and plentiful. Hyundais are better quality and origonal.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

HKC, that was a great clip!!

Just ignore people who talk junk about your cars. They don't know what they're talking about, and the best car in the world is your own. Doesn't matter how many people are faster or think they have a better car, the best car is the one you own.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:22 AM

yea, i'm with you guys here, one day we pulled up into a parking spot, and there's a stupid young punk kid with girls in the back seat of his, whaddya know, a HONDA CIVIC!, yelling through the window at us "hey guys that fugly car is a stupid a$$ piece of sh!t and f*cking slow as hell!" we told him "shut up sh!ttalker" then he's braggin about how his car is totally upgraded and his speed gauge goes "way" up to 240, {whooo we're scared~NOT} then he backed up and started to drive away, and before you know it, he blew his muffler off of his car lmao.gif who's talking now b***h?

yea i, too for one, am tired of people taking ONE look at my car, and feels compelled to sht-talk us, or race us. jeez everybody here knows that you MUST stop at every single stop signs right!? especially inside town, well just last week i was slowing down towards a stop, and i'm doing my best driving safely cus it's black ice everywhere, and just as well a stupid young punk kid in a dodge neon, NOT slowing behind me, literally passed me at the stop sign, and revved his motor, laughing. well here i'm thinking who's gonna laugh now if you were to actually get smashed by another car, just because you thought you had to show off and pass someone on a stop sign? hmm lmao.gif idiots!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:30 AM

Meh, who cares about all the honda kids. Sure everything is easier for honda tuners.... BECAUSE IT'S ALL BEEN DONE BEFORE. BORING!. I can't wait to get my new tib up and running just because of all the heads it will turn. Hell I got alot of looks and compliments on it even when it was just on the trailer.