The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Involved In Accident Today

Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

So i'm driving home from work on the highway shortly after 4:00pm. pretty heavy traffic. it's a 2 lane highway, 55mph speed limit. I was driving in the "slow lane" approaching an exit that has 2 on/off ramps within a quarter mile of each other. (31B then 31A). People who are trying to get on the highway from 32B have a stop sign.

There was a woman about 15-20 feet PAST the stop line/sign just stopped in traffic. the Honda Pilot in front of me slammed on their brakes then proceded. I, in return, slammed on my brakes. Although i don't remember turning my wheel, i had to have. My car ended up skidding out, doing a complete 180 degree turn and slammed into her rear quarter panel. Damage to her car (04 Nissan Sentra) consisted of a broken L/R tail light assembly and damage to the rear quarter. Minimal Damage.

My car however has damage starting from the drivers front quarter going to the rear quarter (alot of it is just rubbed off paint). Most of the damage is to the drivers side door. dented in VERY good.

First, a couple wonderful PaintBrush images of the scene.

Me driving, minding my own business:

I slam on my brakes, skid out, do a 180 (now facing AGAINST traffic) and slam into her drivers side rear

And now the damage:

It could have been a whole lot worse. Especially since it was very heavy traffic and i ended up facing the wrong way on the highway. The passenger of the car was also VERY good looking and i proceded to flirt the whole time while the cop was taking care of our contact information. hump.gif haha

So, I'm not TOOOO sure if this is gonna get reported thru insurance. the officer didn't write an official report because he didn't deem the damage to either vehicle being over $1000. The accident definately isn't my fault since SHE had a stop sign and was stopped basically IN traffic. I'm gonna need some advise on what to do. Should this be reported to insurance? do i have a good chance of being 100% in the clear? Keep in mind my car is a 97, already has a Salvage Title. Not sure if reporting it would be to my benefit.... however reporting it will help in regards to clearing my name in the eyes of the insurance companies.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

you are in the clear , but that is definitely over 1g in damage, I dont know wtf that cop was thinking.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:10 PM

You just absolutely have the SHITTIEST luck with doors EVER.

There's a gorgeous red RD1 tib in the junkyard with no body damage. But it's up near Toronto so, that doesn't really help you...unless you wanna make the drive...
Old 06-20-2008, 06:31 PM

me and my mother were talkin about you today actually!! haha. she's like, "do you still have that door you got in new york?".... sadly i do not. haha

its almost IDENTICAL damage from my other sideswipe accident. only difference is this one is NOT my fault.

just made a claim w/ my insurance company online. what do i have to lose, right? it surely isn't my fault. and i feel that it's better for me if i report it first
Old 06-20-2008, 06:34 PM

lol! And I have no more doors either...just a rear bumper. hehe
Old 06-20-2008, 11:52 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

did you ask her why she was stopped after the stop sign? ..or at least get her number?
Old 06-21-2008, 08:23 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

and the passenger's number?
Old 06-21-2008, 01:48 PM

haha. NO. and i can't for the life of me remember her name. i THINK i know who it is. but not certain.

didn't grab the passengers number. completely forgot. should have though
Old 06-22-2008, 04:57 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

BAd luck. But you got to meet a good looking girl so thumbs up on that. Hope insurance company cleares you off.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:38 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

It would cost me about $150 (door fender and like, $200 to paint the QP)to fix that car up properly. I know where there is a MINT red tiburon without any rust whatsoever. It's an RD1 as well.

As for who's at fault, heh, that's a tough one.