The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

I Humped The Search-box From Behind

Old 02-06-2008, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why does everyone insist on using the search box!! If everyone just used the search box and never posted then every forum would pretty much suck!? CORRECT? And you poor people that think your way cool by replying to every newbies posts by saying heres how to find and use a search box would be so lost!! HAHA. Thats what forums are for and the automotive communitys are not what they used to be. Be proud you have your car and what you have learned about it and have no problem sharing it again over with some other noob just wanting to chat or pick your brains a little. Just my opinion but im a certified car nutt and love anything automotive and always will have all kinds of different custom cars. Its way past my bedtime! My automotive based plant i work at expects me there extremely early!! I just want to hit the lotto then watch out because i will want to research alot of tiburon parts before i buy them! Later guys and girls
Old 02-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

huh? If you've got a question, ask it. I'll try to help.

We told you in the shoutbox a few days ago, Buy the 1.8L cam and throw it in.

Your timing belt broke, get the car running and then worry about the cam. Or, get a 1.8L and throw it in.

I thought we answered your question... did you have another?

I ain't got no problem helping you, but honestly, this site has been around for several years and you probably could find just about anything by searching. Opinions may vary and new products may come out. We have no problem with you posting, I TOLD you to post your question (sorry if I overlooked it) but SOCKS, RED ZMAN, and myself all told you to get the 1.8L cam.

Also, HMA service has ANYTHING you could want, from tearing the engine out to changing the headlight, to removing the struts piece by piece.
www.HMAservice.com
login - rdt
password - tiburon
Old 02-06-2008, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Why? Because it's the rules. Because this site has been around for 4 years now, and chances are, I know it's crazy, but chances are your question just may have been asked, and answered, 100 times. If you are new to forums, which you must be if you are b****ing about this, get used to it, almost all forums do it, because everyone gets tired of spoon feeding information to lazy asses.

Was that too direct?

LOL
Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Search. Noob.

Haha.

Nah, your getting it wrong. Most of us are more than willing to repost information if its not been covered too much, or if its simpler to type the answer than it is to search.

But when you get the same question asked 3x per day it boils down to, exhaust all your patience answering the question time and time again or ignore the person and risk them thinking nobody wants to help.

When the answer is complicated or really really beat to death, you may be instructed to search.

I try to link to the thead, give a rough definition, and list what terms to put in the search bar, and hope they'll learn to use it on the simpler stuff.

some people, are just grumps or too busy to do that and just say search, which doesnt always look great, but spend a little more time around here and you'll figure out how helpful we all are.

smile.gif
Old 02-06-2008, 10:11 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

The only time you will be told to search is if the information has already been covered elsewhere on the site.

Your logic is stupid, "if everyone just searched and nobody posted..." if nobody posted there would be nothing to search. That's why, when there is something that hasn't been covered already, people post about it. After that, you can search for it. It is a very simple concept..

We will never tell you to search unless your question has been answered before. Read through and learn all you can, if you still have questions that haven't been covered, then ask.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Okay, now I think you're a total ass. I just looked at your thread requesting feedback for a 1.8L Cam.

Bullfrog is new to this site, he has spent the last several weeks searching and finding tons of info. He was being genuine and NICE, ATTEMPTING to help. He most likely suggested searching because he didn't have an answer to provide you with. He's new to this site and probably hasn't read anything about 1.8L cams.

Here is his response... is THIS why you started this BS thread???!?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullfrog @ Feb 4 2008, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome to RDT.

Im going to help ya out here, we have a TON of information here so ill show you how to use the search function.

Look in the upper right and click on the search and then type with quotes "cam swap". This is one of the better mods for the tib.

After you have searched and done your reading and have questions post them and someone will be glad to help.

One last thing, most things you search for you will want to use quotes.

Here is the search i came out with for "cam swap"

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?act=Sea...#092;&st=25</div>

By using "quotes" it will return results with CAM and SWAP... without using quotes it will return results with CAM or SWAP (which would include brakes, transmissions, possibly headlights, captive rotor to regular rotor swap, etc.). If someone tries to help, SAY THANK YOU, don't get pissy.

From talking with Bullfrog over the last month or so that he's been here, I HONESTLY think that he would have given you an answer IF he had one. He's been a member for a couple years, but inactive. He only has 288 posts, still considered very new.

Jackass.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:27 PM

New to forums? No. I have 7 different makes of cars and trucks right now? I have been chating cars on the internet for a very long time. I like to talk cars i think i said that . Sorry! And yes i did go ahead and order the cam about two minutes after you said to. i was curious if i needed to run higher octane fuel thats all so sorry it was just so easy to ask then to search. My fault for takin the (what i thought would be) easy way!! BTW thanks for the HMA i will be trying that site soon. For now im trying to find some other things on my list i should buy with my 5g income tax return to install while the only car my girlfriend can drive everyday to work and take the baby places in is in the shop. After its out i will most likely ask about bolt ons to! Im pretty hard headed so ill probly ask many more questions when curiousity strikes. I have a thing for trying to researching products before i buy. But in the rush situation the cars in i wanted to get the right cam on its way. THANKS GUYS you were very helpful. And as for the smart ass remarks they dont bother me. I have a high IQ and am very quick witted I think i can understand simple logic.As for being lazy!!! Holy SHit!!!! Far from it. I have a full time job that pays very good that i love! And i own my own business and sell furniture and make very good money to spend on my numerous toys. And i also buy customize and sell cars trucks boats bikes whatever I can find for more money!!! Yes im lazy.

Lets see ...Im sorry if i seemed pissy. I do apologize. But that is the point. There are 5 million things pull up when you search and most arent really the answer to the ?. I have searched and found many things interesting and things i didnt know. And yes i am a very thankful person. I just am also a very busy person,I am exhausted from work when i have my very little time on the net and very late should be in bed grumpiness. Im sorry i got off on the wrong foot. Thank you BullFrog. I know nothing about the tiburon other than what i haved learned here so i am grateful to this forum.!!!!??
Old 02-06-2008, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

So? Searching would still answer your octane question.

Or common sense would.

It's a STOCK cam, from a STOCK engine.

Why would you need better fuel?

Or engine management? Someone came in a week or 2 ago, asking about the 1.8L cam, and if they needed a stand alone for it.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Your thread was fine. No, you don't need higher octane. I don't know if that's covered anywhere specifically as it directly relates to a cam swap, but the question was answered in your thread.

The real world extends to the forums... you'll get some people who are helpful, some who are hateful, some who are a smart ass. We have several hundred members currently posting here, so don't be surprised if you encounter a few that you don't mesh well with. It's part of life.

Ask your questions, and search the forums. You may use the shoutbox, of course... it's quick and easy... but understand that at any given time there are probably only 5 people or less paying attention to the shoutbox, and chances are they won't have an exact answer for you. If you ask a question in the shoutbox, it will scroll off within minutes. If you post a new thread, it'll be seen by almost everyone. It's fine to post questions, but you may find your answers faster by searching, because over the last 4+ years we have covered an unbelievable amount of information.

I hope you stick around and can benefit from our knowledge, and eventually provide other members with Hyundai knowledge. When I bought my tib over 7 years ago I couldn't tell you the difference between a "5 speed" and an automatic. Last year I swapped my tranny from an auto to a manual in my cousin's garage. All with the help of these forums. I installed my own body kit, installed my own CAI, HIDs, air vent haloz, subs, change my own oil, brakes, tranny fluid... all because of the Hyundai community. It can be helpful, just let it help you.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:52 PM

i had seen posts while searching saying it was like bumping the timing up? I know some vehicles you run better gas when you bump the timing up so it doesnt detonate. and im not up on my overseas swap version whatevers i am very sorry. Never got into a import car so far. I love the tiburon. There arent many around here and it recieves alot of looks and alot of attention and questions.

And thanks Majik for the welcome and everyone. I do hope to learn alot about the hyundai. I am thinking on buying another one. I just seen a new listing and am calling on it tomorow.