The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

The "I hate winter thread"

Old 01-16-2005, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

get a garage and a space heater. wink1.gif
Old 01-18-2005, 06:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Dweet, this weekend dosent look good either. Fox weather is predicting 8-12" for phila. The storms gonna go right over you too :. I am NOT looking forward to driving my tib in that much snow. I wish I still had my 85 ford tempo... I would purposly slide that pos into snow banks tongue.gif
Old 01-18-2005, 07:07 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

I have a new one....

although the snow didn't bug me, but this has to do w/ the severe coldness lately. I got into my car today at work and started it up. turn on the lights and drive off to Taco Bell (literally across the street, 3 buildings down). My Indiglo Gauge faces didn't start glowing til i got to Taco Bell. I have the positive hooked up to the radio fuse near the pedals, and the ground hooked up to a good ground....

it just took forever for them to turn on. stupid cold weather!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:14 PM

It was 8 degrees outside, and for the first time I had neglected my Tibby and left it out in the cold instead of the relatively warm garage (40 degrees all the time when its cold so the pipes don't freeze...). It was mad at me this morning, and when it cranked the radio made some wierd whirring noise and I could hear all the under the sterring wheel panels rubbing together from where the cold made them contract and rub together. Ack. At least I think thats why they rub together when its cold...
Old 01-18-2005, 10:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01)</div><div class='quotemain'>get a garage and a space heater. wink1.gif</div>

My space heater goes everywhere with me in the winter. Especially into the bathroom. I make sure to preheat the toilet to toasty warm. smile.gif

The only thing I'm worried about for driving this winter is that there is no shielding of any kind under the engine bay. Probably yet another thing my car is missing, and the reason for all the corrosion in the bay.

Old 01-20-2005, 12:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Yesterday it snowed. Stupidly I drifted into a curb. Knocked two $150 rims out and I need to replace them. 4 Wheel alignment. This is a warning to everyone. Don't think you're more powerful than nature.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:25 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Driving on the thruway for 4 hours was fun...it wasnt snowing but it was cold...very cold...that didnt bother me because i had the heat on...but the road crews were sanding+salting the road b/c it was so cold...the 18wheelers were constantly throwing dirty mist on my windshield...so every time i passed one i would lose most of my vision and i would have to wait until i was fully passed it to spray my windows so i could see...i used sooo much wiper fluid that by the time i got to my exit i ran out of fluid...grrr i cant wait till spring

OH BTW when i got here my car was white from the sand...you could barely tell my car was red
Old 01-20-2005, 04:44 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default gripes

don't drive in the snow guys! i used to think it was fun until it cost me $400. i could have gotten a catback exhaust for that! now my stupidity pays off.

oh yeah... word of advice, try not to drive behind trucks anytime. on the way down to FL a metal ladder broke off the gas freightliner and flew right over my windshield. we were going 90mph. had it hit the windshield i wouldn't be sitting here telling you this.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:00 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hyundaikitcoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>try not to drive behind trucks anytime. on the way down to FL a metal ladder broke off the gas freightliner and flew right over my windshield. we were going 90mph. had it hit the windshield i wouldn't be sitting here telling you this.</div>

Crazy...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hyundaikitcoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dont drive in the snow guys!</div>

No choice, I would love to garage the tibby and drive some beater for the winter. But i cant afford it. and i wouldnt want to be seen in a beater either...
Old 01-21-2005, 09:51 AM

UG! The latest forecast models for my area are not looking good for this weekend. If you like snow, come to philly tongue.gif

Detailed Philly PA Forecast

If you look, ALL the numbers range from A LOW of 12" to a high of 22"!!! Snow drifts from 3-6'!!! I mean WTF. Looks like my plans for this weekend have changed 02.gif.

They are also saying that the snow will be the heaviest from philly to the northern burbs... I live in the northern burbs.

Lets call this a pre rant, for I am sure it will be worse by sunday 02.gif I just hope the weather ppl are dead wrong on this one (like they usually are) but they seem pretty confident.