The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.
View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Snap On
20.69%
Mac
0%
Cornwell
0%
Matco
6.90%
Craftsman
65.52%
Other
6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

I Hate Snap On

Old 05-29-2005, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm crafstman, though a buddy of mine who's a head mechanic at a dealeship is Snap On all the way. For the record, he has over $40k in tools, when he quit his old job to go to a new dealership, he got a flatbed truck to move his tools. As far as calling the BS card on the value of those tools, I know the price cause he had to get them apraised for insurance reasons. Then again, he is a great mechanic, and one of the few that actually get paid what they deserve for their work.

I like Craftsman cause they're ok quality, cheap (compared to snap on) and still has a lifetime warranty. Thats the key. Its kind awhy I drive a Hyundai... I don't mind if it breaks, as long as its an easy fix wink1.gif
Old 05-30-2005, 12:43 AM

I inherited most of my tools from my dad. They are all Snap-On tools. Some of which the truck driver will not replace because they are military part numbers on some of the stuff I have. I didn't like craftsman a few years back because their tools were just too large. Handles on wrenches and open end socket sets were just too thick and couldn't get into the places that I could easily get to with my snap-on tools. However, recently Craftsman made some changes to their tools and they lost some weight, were slimmer and overall smaller, the way the Snap-On tools have been for years. My dad bought two new sets of Craftsman tools and I like those just as much as my snap-on now.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

hahaah I owe snap on nothing.. But i do owe My matco guy 400 bucks...I dont care for anything but matco now that i have had them all...Mac tools dont distribute around here anymore...Just snap on,cornwell,matco....The snap on guy here is a rip and the fact that the snap on and cornwell trucks are so outdated i wouldnt unless I had to...Chris Oh yeh they do have online sites...But same markups.. ebay the place for me
Old 05-31-2005, 08:59 AM

well i own craftsman tools, but prefer snap on. I've broken 5 or 6 3/8 craftsman ratchets working on car. Broke 3 mac rachets on airplanes. But i've never broken a snap on. I have crushed a few snap on sockets. But i knew they were going to get crushed before i put the c clamp over them. But i won't buy snap on because they are to expensive. I'll keep breaking craftsman and them replace for free. but if i were going to spend some one elses money i'd buy snap on. they are just great tools.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Craftsman and I love getting them for my b-day and xmas. tongue.gif