The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

I Hate Cops Now...

Old 02-09-2006, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to correct a typo in my post, but can't edit. In the first line, it should say "probable cause" and not "reasonable suspicion". Police need probable cause to search your vehicle, but only need reasonable suspicion to pull you over in the first place. Reasonable suspicion essientially means "I bet I can find something to write a ticket for". An example of probable cause would be seeing a bottle of nitrous on your backseat with lines going under your dash, they could then open your hood without a warrant to see if it's hooked up. Otherwise the 4th amendment applies.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:29 PM

^ which I think is pretty f***in gay.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:35 PM

Right... "reasonable suspision" is what get's you pulled over, but once the cop is there, they can claim "probable cause" for a whole host of made up reasons.

A copy claimed "probable cause" for my car because I had a case of beer (unopened) in the hatch. They dug through my car for 1.5 hours...and found nuthing.

But in Cali "probable cause" can be your muffler, or the "sound" your engine makes.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

good luck with the court battle. It's amazing how strict they are over there in cali... we don't even need to get inspected for emissions over here in florida... and i havent heard people complain here about cops trying to nag them about an intake.

sorry to hear about the tickets (i got a 77 in a 40 once... but i deserved that one lol)
Old 02-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

dang... you're getting a ton of responses on this topic!! I've never seen a thread grow so fast, without naked pics from Tibbychic!

Write a letter to the officers superiors and complain about the way you were treated, and for a wrongful ticket being issued to you. How it cost you $xxx to have your car tested to prove that you were right, and the officer was wrong. You were harassed and profiled for the car you drive without any reason to pull you over. The officer LOOKED for something he could write, and upon finding NOTHING illegal about the car, he wrote tickets for things he "suspected" to be illegal, all of which the officer was proved wrong in the court of law.

Don't put your name if you don't want to, make up some stuff to stress your point and how you were right. Nothin will probably be done to the officer, but he'll probably be forced to go through some type of small investigation and it WILL go on his file.

In a month or so, send another letter similar, but making it obviously a different incident. Two strikes in a short amount of time might show a problem with the officer. If he gets one complaint, he may back off his "harassing" people.

My dad is retired from L.A.S.D. wink1.gif
He hates traffic cops
Old 02-09-2006, 02:47 PM

Yea, floridas the sh.t, no emissions, i have only got pulled over once 48 in a 30, and got a warning
most of the time cops down here are busy with real stuff, and dont bother you
i have out of state plates too.

As far as the intake goes, as long as the sticker is on it, they know its carb certified

I am from dallas texas, and the cops would never give me any trouble unless i deserved it. I am always polite when i get pulled over, it helps. Know your rights and dont take sh.t, but be nice at the same time.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:07 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

That really sucks man.

Hijacking 101.
tongue.gif

So... some of my friends come over alot.

Stop over,see whats up... hang out. Leave when it gets late.

So its been going on for a month or two, so its obviously a drug house?

THere is no one that i hang out with that does drugs, no reason for suspect it.

So one of my neighbors calls in and must say they have a suspicion about my house because "i have friends that like to hang out and chill"

Unlike these stupid old f*ckers that live across the street.

So last night, a few friends leave.

I go to add some oil to my car, and there is an undercover cop car sitting across the street with a guy in it.

Sits outside for an hour or so.... Im like WTF???

Just becuase people hang out at my house something illegal has to be going on?

Its makin me made, now my dad does not want people over....

Should i knock on their window and ask them if they are lost next time? lol

Or, call the cops and say there is a suspicious veichle sitting outside of my house? hahah
Old 02-09-2006, 03:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Random @ Feb 9 2006, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Right... "reasonable suspision" is what get's you pulled over, but once the cop is there, they can claim "probable cause" for a whole host of made up reasons.

A copy claimed "probable cause" for my car because I had a case of beer (unopened) in the hatch. They dug through my car for 1.5 hours...and found nuthing.</div>

Yes, but as long as you did not consent to the search, it's only the judge's opinion that matters. A cop could write you a ticket for any made up reason, and the judge decides whether or not it should be paid or thrown out. And if the judge feels there wasn't probable cause, the whole thing will be thrown out.

If you refuse to open your hood, a cop can indeed say "I see you have a tip, so I now have probable cause to check your engine for illegal modifications, open it or go to jail". You open your hood, let him write whatever BS tickets he wants, and when you go to court it gets thrown out, because an aftermarket tip is NOT probable cause to check under your hood. Now, if a cop was behind you while you were driving, saw your massive 5" tip, he would have reasonable suspicion that you have a loud exhaust, and could pull you for that. But one does not lead to the other. Unlike reasonable suspicion, there is a strict interpretation of probable cause, there has to be a direct connection.

I'm guessing in your experience you consented to the search? If you refused, did they actually inform you that the beer was probable cause and proceed to search? You didn't mention if you got a ticket or not, but I think that would have been easy to get out of in court. There's also a time limit they can detain you on an unrelated reason to why you were initially pulled if they don't find anything, UNLESS of course you consent.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:14 PM

Sorry man.. but the traffic laws pertaining to modifications in kali are VERY vaguely written.

This was purposely done to give officers a bit more authority.

This mainly began with the Mayor of San diego. His son was killed in a street racing accident. Since then he has pushed MANY laws.

Probable cause WOULD include an exhaust tip. An exhaust tip is a "modification."

If you dont allow them to check the car, they will make you wait.... and get a warrant. Warrant are VERY easy to obtain.

Delaying everything will just piss off the cop..

California is also the only state that has Officers checking internet sites in persuit of illegal modifications.

Clubsi.com got busted pretty bad, and i heard clubrsx got busted too...

IT sux to have a modified car in Kali..
Old 02-09-2006, 05:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dmitry @ Feb 9 2006, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>it's all because of ricers.... machinegun.gif</div>

I saw that show too. IDK why smeone whould show their face or car on there and admit to street racing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (miamitib @ Feb 9 2006, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>good luck with the court battle. It's amazing how strict they are over there in cali... we don't even need to get inspected for emissions over here in florida... and i havent heard people complain here about cops trying to nag them about an intake.

sorry to hear about the tickets (i got a 77 in a 40 once... but i deserved that one lol)</div>

yea cops here are pretty nice. Ive gotten pulled over once for 79 in a 55 but I was at WOT comming out of a turn, the guy was like he used to drive fast when he was young and he learned not to after the 3rd time. But one of my friends (a girl) got pulled over after curfew and low 80s in a 55 and got a warning.

The cop at school has checked 2 of my friends cars one got a warning for sirens. They said that she looked in my car for a while through the windows, but she hasnt asked me to allow her to search it. Should I?