The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

I Had To Bite My Tongue.

Old 05-08-2006, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I was racing at one of the Solo 2 events here in Ontario and I met this guy who was driving a 2004 Pontiac Sunfire. I asked him how he did and he said that he wasn't happy with the way his car performed. I asked why. He said he spent $3000 on his suspension and it wasn't handling well. So I asked what he had done. He said he had GR2 shocks and some lowering springs and swaybars. Now here I am thinking that this guy spent WAY too much on this suspension because I put a coplete Eibach system on my car for less than half what he paid. You can even count the front and rear strut bars I have and I would still have spent less than half. I don't even think the labour could push him up to the $3000 mark.

But this last little tidbit takes the cake...

He said that he usually races the 1/4 mile with his car. So I asked him what sort of times he gets... He said his best time was a 14.8. *cough* BULL$HIT *cough*

I asked what sort of mods he has under the hood... He said he did it on a CAI and drag radials...

Come on now...

Don't come to a racing event where people know what they are talking about, and tell lies about what you can do. People will see right through it.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:23 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

you should have smacked him, taken his keys, and shown him how to drive his car lol
Old 05-08-2006, 06:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

There was a guy that was stationed here with a blue 04 Sunfire. EVERYONE in town hated him cause he was always telling lies about it and acted like an ass. We called it the Sunflower.
Anyways, someone finally caught him at the track and it ran 17's. Slow POS.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:00 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Don't worry, we call the Sunflowers north of the border too...... lmao.gif
Old 05-08-2006, 08:01 AM

^^I wouldnt even go on the track if my car ran 17's lol. Id rather just run the 1/4
Old 05-08-2006, 01:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

So you have the total and complete Eibach package?

Hmm... PM me with your thoughts about it. I may just get the eibach springs for the Eibach struts I have and then the sways.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

the sways are so unbelievable. you must get them. i keep taking a fast corner waiting to hear some sense of breaking loose, but it just sticks and goes. LOVE them.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Damn, I just took this off topic.

LOL

Sorry guys. It's just that I was going to get the HKS springs and do a review on them, but I know the Eibach springs are good...

And I was going to get the whiteline bars...

Damnit.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yea theres a kid around here with a crappy honda civic (it really is crappy, rust and stuff on it) thats turbocharged and he tells everyone it runs 12's. i was like uh BS. and we tried to get him to the track but then he changed his story to it did run 12's but the clutch is going out now... then i was asking him about his setup and he didnt have a f*cking clue, didnt even know what kinda turbo he had (or anything else for that matter). Pretenders suck
Old 05-08-2006, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yah liars are fun...

My best friend who has a mustang works at walmart too, he was on his break and saw a saturn ion that was kitted and painted, rims, and everything. He said it actually didnt look too bad.

He was talking to the guy and told him about his car and mine and he asked the guy what he had done to the car and the guy said enthusiastically " T-66 turbo, FMIC, custom manifold and charge pipes, Turbo timer, Standalone..." and he kept going

My friend was impressed and said "wow can i see it?"

And he suddenly wasnt enthusiastic and said "NO!" and quickly walked away

My friend said "You know it doesnt mean anything if your car only LOOKS fast"

The guy looked back and walked faster...

LOL, what a liar