The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Hyundai Can Lick My Nuts Too!

Old 04-30-2005, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a cracked manifold so I took it to Hyundai and they said it falls under the recall. My cel also came on because the cat on the manifold is bad according to the ecu. The said they would not replace my manifold because the cat is bad and said it was because of my catback removing the second cat. I know this is b.s. and I'm going to call the and say you just ereced my cel and now have no code for a bad cat. You can replace the manifold because now the problem is with the manifold and not the cat. If you still don't want to replace it I will call Hyundai cust. service and have them deal with it. It b.s. and they can go f themselves. Anyone know the rules on posting curses? Love the car but hyundai can f themselves int the a with a telephone pole!
Old 04-30-2005, 09:36 AM

my dealer sucks too !!!! b/c i put a body kit on my car they wont even TOUCH IT AT ALL !!! no replacing of manifold , no nuthin , void warranty is what they say .. what a joke i wouldnt want clowns touching my car anyways.....
Old 04-30-2005, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

How many times do we have to post the law that says if the modification is unrelated to the problem, then they have to repair it... <_<

However, as you did modify the exhaust stretch they do have a viable point. Having a larger exhaust and only one cat downstream can put more strain on that one cat.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:29 PM

got the law post but it is still b.s. because they wiont replace the manifold because of the bad cat cel. I said forget the cel and remember the manifold didn't crack because of my exhaust or because of low cat eff. that there is a recall on the manifold the manifold is cracked and you need to replace it and they still said no words cant describe what i think of them. I got an app at a different dealer thurs I will update then. They said that if it is cracked in the recall place there is no reason the cant replace it just because ther is a catback means nothing
Old 04-30-2005, 06:32 PM

Honestly, I do not know why dealers do not like doing recall and warrenty work. It is not like they do not get paid for doing it.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:54 PM

ive owned many newer cars from different car makers, and the only one i allways have had issues with is this hyundai dealer. the cars are nice, i luv my tibby, but there warrentes and recall work is just a joke. ive actually talked a friend out of buying a 2004 tibby cause the main reason he wanted it was because of the warrentee.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:01 PM

I just think you guys are a little too squeamish around dealers... need to be forceful with the little bastards. Hyundai having a warranty makes them your slaves... you don't hug slaves and call them cuddly. You beat the shizzle outta them and make them do what they are required to do.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:33 AM

^^^ LOL
Ive personally never had a problem with my dealer. Whenever I go in, it seems like they want to work on my car which is how it should be. Pkus this one guy has a really nice Integra I always look at. Complete rice, but it looks nice. GOod luck with the other dealer man
Old 05-01-2005, 05:44 PM

The dealer I used to be happy with sed to want to do warranty work for me whenever I came in but now they have some new 30 year old f*g service writer. He sucks
Old 05-02-2005, 10:56 AM

just take it as an opportunity to upgrade to a better manifold, the stock one sucks anyway