The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

The Hyundai Aftermarket

Old 03-14-2004, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh well... but didn't somebody on HP.com say that the lancer had a similar radiator set up?
Old 03-14-2004, 08:52 PM

Default Review of Quest HR coilovers

well i kinda agree with blacktib.. i mean we live in america (most of us)... soo in america we get what we pay for.. i like to buy the best there is.. but thats just me, and i work fulll time and make good money.. soo thats my boat.. and i am workin with a few companys as we speak.. now for copyrights and what not, i cant say what parts they are but.. i have about 4-5 sponcers.. and they are all very intrested in the RDs.. soo yes....i am somewhat with blacktib on this but also he did controdic himself on what he said... but still everyone has good points....

my 2 cents
Old 03-15-2004, 05:38 AM

Well, I will call today but last time I called Steve everything was fine and that was a week or two ago.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:20 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Dont get me wrong guys, I'm in this the same as all of you, especially the broke dude, I make next to nothing off these parts I do for you guys, and that's my full time job. I'm not quite bitter, just I am out here in southern california everyday. You want to talk about fluidyne, well, they are about 10 miles from me, are they making radiators for us... no, but we tried seriously, the problem remains, that there are not enough of us to fill a 100 order minimum purchase.

Now I didn't write this to hurt anyones feeling, I'm not even complaining really, I'm kindof anticomplaining, I'm just trying to put things in perspective for those who are pissed there are no parts. When I say no parts, I dont mean theres nobody in Korea making bodykits, or over hear doing strut bars, I just mean there is a giant lack of parts.

Anyone who thinks I am against the do it yourself, dont worry, take one look at my car, guess who did it, myself. Aside from the body work I did everything myself to my car. I make DIYs for a living sh!t, I'm not knocking that, if you think so, ask me why there is gutter guard strapped all over the place on my bumper, ask why my eyelines have bubbles under them because they are made of black stickers, my products on the car that I sell, all me. I have no problem with DIY.

The point I made about DIY is that is cool if you want to build your own stuff. I dont think he's ever posted here, but theres a dude by the name of XtremePC on HA. This guy is the DIY MASTER. I seriously want to be more like this dude with my car. Do we have an aftermarket part for dual fuel rails... no, did he make his own, hell yeah and its bad ass. do we have shinny nice intake manifolds, no, just the air ram, but thats imported, and this dude did his own, best lookin one out there too.

What I mean, is that we dont have the big names, and the only way to get them is for a few of us guys to get together and have a few group buys on high quality stuff. I know you mostly are broke, me too, and it sucks, granted for me thats changing right now, but for most thats why we picked the cars we have because of the bang for the buck, hyundais are great deals. So dont take offense to my comments if they dont apply to you.

My knock mainly is on those of us who have the ability to make an impact on the tuning world, and just sit back looking for the best ebay deal, when you know you could be getting companies like Tien, or APEXi or someone to make you some parts. Like I said there are only a few of us in the first place, and it will remain that way for a while. Slowly as REDZ said, yes we will get more credit, but for now, all we have are those of us who can afford these luxuries but opt for cheaper quaility/brand products, and those of us who just get buy and love what they drive.

Dont worry guys I love you I just see first hand what most of you will never even find out just since the companies are all right here looking for a market to tap into.

Void, yes you are the man, I dont dispute that, sucks about fluidyne, and Andy from Iceman is a good guy, me and him are working together on a lot higher playing field now. I will have his full line up of products on my store, and he'll be doing testing using one of my tibs. So rest assured I have the Iceman thing covered, and that is one up on the problem at hand.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I agree completely with Blacktibs. So many of us are not willing to pay the expensive prices that companies like AEM, Alpine Developments, and Brembo are requiring. I'm included in the crowd that isn't ABLE to pay the big money for the big products... trust me, if I wasn't a 20 year old college student with a limited budget, and if I was a little older making plenty of money, I would have the Big Brake Kit, the bigger rims I would like, the turbo I'm dying for, and the CF products that I desire.

I have soooo many things on my list that I want to buy, but I don't have the cash to do it. I think he's entirely accurate in his statement. I think what Blacktibs meant by the "making our own things" and not buying the better products is something like slapping a cone filter onto the MAF instead of buying an AEM Cold Air Intake...... or buying replica body kits instead of representing the community with superior quality products, not the nasty, crappy quality fake kits that are out there... maybe he didn't have the body kit thing in mind when he posted that but I wanted to get my 2 cents in wink.gif
Old 03-18-2004, 08:16 PM

Thanks for the props and working with Andy Chris, I really appreciate that and am glad that he could work with/hook you up too. It is really hard to try to get a lot of this stuff done from Ohio...lol. All it takes is persistance and I will talk to Steve at Fluidyne again this week. Last time I talked to him they had started on the GK radiator and ours was next so I am not sure where the "no" reports are coming from. I will talk to him and clear that up. Chris is right though, I can find companies willing to work with us but there has to be dedication and money. There are those that shell out the bucks for items and don't consider having something new made instead of buying existing or Ebay parts. The funniest part is if you work with a company to have something designed you often get the part free or a really good deal on it!!! So time+patience+persistance=good new parts which often lead to that company making other products for us too. I will help in any way I can but unfortunately I am one of the Financially challenged at this time but am doing anything else I can to help the cause.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:00 PM

I too am a supporter of blacktib's oppinion. I thinks some people got offended too quickly. I am the first to admit that I'm looking for a deal and that's it. Another thing we have to remembe is why we got our tibs in the first place. Because they are inexpensive. I got mine because it was the coolest thing that I could afford brand new. I was actually looking for a used Subaru at the time, but when I saw that I could walk off the lot with a brand new Tiburon for about $14k, I was hooked. I'm not any richer these days, so I do the best I can with what I've got. Hardly any one in my town even knows what kind of car I'm driving and I like that. I get asked all the time. I used to gripe at first when I was looking for stuff, but it just reminds me that we've got something different. It's getting better all the time, though. My only gripe now is that the darn GK guys get all the parts. The GK really made a name for Hyundai in the aftermarket.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:33 PM

I bought my tib on two reasons.. looks and the reliability factor... Money was not too much of an object (though my cut off was low twenties for personal, not financial reasons) and the tib fit the bill on all fronts. As for parts.. I agree with Blacktibs.. I only buy either the best, or what I percieve to be the best. Yes, I do have the ebay cai on my car.. but I liked how it mounted as opposed to the ones that snaked down behind the radiator. Even that is on it's way out though.. I am in the prototyping stages of a custom two piece CAI that uses the same basic design.

But as above.. you get what your pay for... and no, I am not saying that all honda owners are rich and able to buy the best parts.. the plethora of riced out APC civics should answer that question. It's just that there are so many modded civics out there... there are enough people out there to buy the expensive parts to make it worth while for people to make them
Old 03-20-2004, 11:03 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

And you my good man ^^^ will have a box of parts quite soon with some tail lights w/ removed lenses
Old 03-20-2004, 07:55 PM

did you ship yet? If not, hold on a week at least. I am in the process of moving and will have a new address after the first of april.