The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

HP.com is sucking

Old 10-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

haha...did you guys see this?

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/a...hese-parts.html

Thanks jsharptooth! smile.gif

Also, the Admin replied to this also:
http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/s...-runs-site.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Visionz was no longer helping members here at all. If you look at his most recent posts he is referring members to the other site and that is it. No more DIYs no more technical posts or help. He instead says numerous times "just go over to the dot org, it is better there". He also has stated openly that he is copying all the information contained here and posting it over there. Hardly somebody who we want around anymore...

Nadeem</div>

What an assclown! Some of my threads, I had mentioned that there were a couple of members here that had written up DIY's (one was the Beta swap DIY jsharptooth had written), and another was to a member that was looking for a part to buy and I had said someone over here was selling one. I never ONCE said come here because its better....at least not publicly. laugh.gif

BTW, I dont think I said I was copying stuff from there to here, unless it was MY OWN content. I know other members have said they were taking their stuff down over there to put here. Besides, we all know what Nadeem said was bullshit, because he's banning people left and right. Anyone that mentions this site over there, is getting kicked off. So it has nothing to do with me. It has to do with them running a piss poor website and getting pissed that people are not putting up with the spam, ads, and bullshit over there, and are coming here instead. So what ever.

And besides, its not like I control the world and take away peoples free will. If they want to stay there and post, they can. If they want to join here, they can! It just turns out that most people who come here from there end up staying because this place is eleventy billion times better than what HP has become. Also, are they gonna get pissed at Google because someone came here from a search engine instead of going there? Nadeem seriously needs to look at what they are doing instead of trying to get pissed at other forums (not just HA). They ruined that site over there...enough said! Thats the bottom line, and when you have a shitty website, people are going to leave and go somewhere else that is a more enjoyable experience. Thats common sense. No one needs to tell people that.

What ever though....I'm done discussing this for now. Hopefully they honor my demand and remove everything or else attorneys will be involved. If they think I'm joking...then they can try and call my bluff. This is one subject I dont tend to joke about.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Administrator

BTW...I should also mention, I have nothing against Rob or alot of the older members for selling the site. They did what they had to do, and its not their fault that HP has become such a joke. Its a shame, and I will always love the OLD HP, but as far as what the new one has become....well....guess I dont really need to say much more because I know everyone else is thinking the same thing.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6, 2008 Nissan Xterra Off-Road

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Visionz @ Oct 5 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>BTW...I should also mention, I have nothing against Rob or alot of the older members for selling the site. They did what they had to do, and its not their fault that HP has become such a joke. Its a shame, and I will always love the OLD HP, but as far as what the new one has become....well....guess I dont really need to say much more because I know everyone else is thinking the same thing.</div>

Thanks Josh.

I still fail to understand why people are mad at me for selling the site. It had started to go downhill before I sold it because I didn't have the same passion for it that I once did. I've grown up and have different priorities and focuses in my life and my family now and spending the time and effort to keep HP growing and successful just wasn't possible anymore. If I hadn't sold the site it would've decayed eventually, not by censorship and spamming, as I've never been a proponent of either, but most likely by lack of maintenance and marketing. As I stated over on HP and I've stated here before, selling HP was a great thing for myself and my family, and it got a HUGE load off my back and got rid of a lot of strife between Mary (my wife) and I.

One of these days I'll gather together some of the archived stuff I have of HP (I still have a copy of absolutely everything) and post it. Some stuff I can't post obviously, but there's tons of photos and other stuff that I'm sure I can.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Rob, that would be great if you could post here. Or if you want...shoot me an email and we can discuss getting the content on here:

admin@hyundaiaftermarket.org

or send me an IM: DeeJayKalifornia

I can understand why you sold the site, and how you're looking out for your family. I think why people are upset is the fact that the site was great before, and once it was sold...its turned into the banner ad spammed nazi website it is now. People dont like change, and when something gets over turned and they're not used to it....they start to look for answers and point fingers. Its unfortunate that HP has gone way down the toilet, and its even more sad that they are pushing senior members away also.

BTW, I saw your reply over there, and HA was around before HP! tongue.gif laugh.gif

HA & TSR were basically the same site. TSR was the original name, and when it became members only (that was a crazy situation), Random had copied the site and taken all of the threads and put everything into HA. So although the name Hyundai Aftermarket is younger than HP....the site and archives are all much older. wink.gif Not by much though....probably within half a year or so from each other.

Regardless of time frames though....HA and the original HP are 2 sites that TRULY got Hyundai tuning into gear. smile.gif
Old 10-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Yeah, it's crazy.

I was mad at Rob for selling, but after thinking about it more it was his decision to make and in reality the odds would have seemed good that having a strong financial backing and a large company running things would have actually improved. It didn't work out that way, but I don't think it's Rob's fault either.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:18 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Visionz @ Oct 5 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>BTW, I saw your reply over there, and HA was around before HP! tongue.gif laugh.gif

HA & TSR were basically the same site. TSR was the original name, and when it became members only (that was a crazy situation), Random had copied the site and taken all of the threads and put everything into HA. So although the name Hyundai Aftermarket is younger than HP....the site and archives are all much older. wink.gif Not by much though....probably within half a year or so from each other.

Regardless of time frames though....HA and the original HP are 2 sites that TRULY got Hyundai tuning into gear. smile.gif</div>

That's basically what I said, that HA was spawned from TSR once Brad when nazi-ish with that site. Honestly, I don't remember if TSR was first or if HP was first, but I remember feeling bad that Fxtreme ended up shutting down because both of them.

Here's the crazy thing...it's been a solid decade since I first started planning HP.com (it was around the end of 1999/beginning of 2000). I think Rudy was the first person I ever told that I was working on it.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I sent Nadeem a letter asking for an explanation. I doubt I'll get a response, but if I do I'll let everyone know.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Rob, could you please send me the DIY's I made so they can be posted here? Email or snail mail works. PM if you need an address. They are the property of Spyraled Media, not HP.com, so there shouldn't be any legal issues. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:26 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (i8acobra @ Oct 5 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Rob, could you please send me the DIY's I made so they can be posted here? Email or snail mail works. PM if you need an address. They are the property of Spyraled Media, not HP.com, so there shouldn't be any legal issues. Thanks.</div>

Aaron, I'll get them together for you. When they bought the site they weren't interested in any of the DIYs and such that we had, so those are still legally in my possession.

BTW, I think I saw you a couple months ago on the 215 driving a white Mustang.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (4doorGL @ Oct 5 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Aaron, I'll get them together for you. When they bought the site they weren't interested in any of the DIYs and such that we had, so those are still legally in my possession.</div>
Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (4doorGL @ Oct 5 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>BTW, I think I saw you a couple months ago on the 215 driving a white Mustang.</div>
That's me. Had the 350Z for 3 years and traded it in. Wanted a GC 2.0T Track and had deposits at 2 dealers. Neither could deliver within 3 months though so I got the Mudstain. I'll revisit the GC in a couple of years.