The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Hp Can Go To Hell!

Old 10-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

A few members from HA, were on HP and they had Hyundai Aftermarket avatars, and some had the link in their signatures. Not only did the HP Nazi's put Hyundai Aftermarket as a bad word filter so it doesnt show, but they also removed everyones avatars, and they perma-banned me!

Here's the message I get when I try to go to there:

I'm going to be contacting the admin through email and telling him to remove every single one of my DIY's since they are intellectual property. If they are not removed within 48 hours, the corporation that owns the site, will be receiving a letter from my attorney.

What sucks is some people had links to DIY's they put up on Hyundai Aftermarket in their sigs, that were bneficial to members, and now those links dont work anymore since the bad word filter overwrites the link address. So gay!

So take this as a warning....if anyone puts a link in their signatures or puts up an avatar that talks about another forum, or website....you'll have it removed and you take a risk of being perma-banned. I was a member of that site since the beginning when Rob created it, and I was part of the staff up until the corporation bought it. They removed me as a Mod, and now this because I had links to HA.

Not only is that site now on the same level as NT (in my eyes), but its also filled even more now with banner ads, spam, and spyware.....YES, SPYWARE! My spyware software pops up like crazy every time I go there. So be very careful what you do if any of you are still on that site.

One member actually started a thread raising some hell over there. Feel free to add to it, and get my back if anyone wants....lol

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/s...html#post781922
Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

$0.02 posted.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

actually i cant remember if i have ever signed up there or not.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Posted the following.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, how the once mighty have fallen. Littered with ads, and now you are so afraid of your fellow Hyundai websites that you pull this crap?

Really?

Visionz has done more than most of the legendary names in Hyundai Tuning combined, both to keep the community alive, and promote the brand, and you guys perma ban him?

This guy has put hundreds of hours into my site, www.rdtiburon.com (go ahead and block that one too), one that could be seen as a competitor, to get it working as smoothly as possible. Members should be rewarded for such things, and the community means much more than any one website.

I will no longer, EVER, recommend this website to anyone ever again. This website will never be in my signature when contacting new parts developers, Hyundai corporate, or in any of my official correspondence.

Kinda amazing when members look fondly on the old days of Autobot and hundred page nonsense threads. Rob ruined an institution by selling out, and you've ruined a once great site.

Hope your next girlfriend has syphillis and doesn't tell ya.</div>
Old 10-04-2009, 01:19 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

HAHA, childish.

f*** em..

Not worth your time visionz.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Banned

suchs a bummer.. was the first hyundai site i belonged to. was sooooo much fun back in the day before rob sold it.

was ok for a while then it just got REALLLY bad and useless.. wish there was an easy way to get people to boycott it and go to HA or another site.. like make hyundaiperformance.org or something..

specially bullshit when they ban HA members, cuz they wanna have a 'monopoly'.

they have no passion for the hyundai scene at all obviously and are just in it for the money.. pathetic.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I removed myself as an Admin over there several months ago.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

^ ^ I wish we could've used that to our benefit somehow.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I perma-banned myself when the new owners clearly were only interested in (somehow? ) trying to make money off the site. HP is dead to me. At least the ghost of FXTreme lives on @ HA, but HP is just rotting in a field somewhere waiting to be buried.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I sent them an email this morning. They now have 48 hours to remove my content and DIY's or else they will be receiving a letter from my attorney. He's been contacted also, and is ready to draft up the letter as well. If its not removed, I will go forward and file an ordinance for a lawsuit due to them using my intellectual property and content against my approval.