The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Hey Redzman!

Old 05-03-2007, 07:49 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

This is from Enigo. He just pm'd me this! HA!!! I told you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Heya mate...

Sorry to bug you again. Just got off the phone with someone that was actually helpful for a change at Chrome Intakes. The lady that is in charge of the place, and had a nice little talk with her.

Basically, Chrome Intakes stopped modeling their intakes after the AEM CAI in the past few months, and now only make the 1 piece Injen style. She said it was due to customers that ordered the 2 piece and had complaints and difficulty with installing it, so they switched to the simple 1 piece.

I pointed out that I bought the 2 piece one specifically because I wanted to put the intake in the wheel well for a true CAI rather than a WAI. She agreed the auction was erroneous and offered to make to make a 2 piece intake like I was interested in, but she didn't know the specifics of the design and wanted photos of "my friend's intake." Heh...

I looked over the shots that you already posted in the CAI thread, and it looks pretty good, but I was hoping to get a better shot of the 2nd pipe if possible.

I wish their customer service was better, had to call everyday for a week in order to actually get helped, but they are a real company. In fact when I've been on the phone with them, I could hear them cutting and bending pipes in the background. Originally they had the pipes made in Asia, but the guys there didn't make the pipes right, in fact they made the pipe for the Tiburon too big, which is why they had to cut out a middle piece and add a coupling. Hence the 2 piece design.

Well... hopefully everything works out. Have a good weekend mate.

*cheers*</div>

I replied that I'll be changing out my clutch this weekend and I'll get some pix.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i coulda swore you where getting warned severly if you brought this up again... its still a knock-off if you ask me. (i have one)
Old 05-03-2007, 08:09 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

wtf???

"I could hear them cutting and bending pipes in the background."....

i didn't know you could hear pipes BEND

this thread is useless
Old 05-03-2007, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Why is this in gripes and complaints? It should have been a PM. Locked...
Old 05-03-2007, 10:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The point of this thread? You told me what?

DTN, you've been getting on my nerves plenty lately dude, and you know what? I did warn you pretty heavily about starting any more bullshit about this.

So, since you are now at 45% warning level, take a week off, on the house.

Nothing in this thread has anything to do with anything. Your post should have been a PM, as it's directed at a person. All this shows is that I was right.

1. Shitty customer service.
2. AEM RIPOFF. Wow, wasn't that the main point of contention you jackass?

It's pretty bad when OTHER members remember that you were getting warned if you brought it up again, but you can't remember yourself.