The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Here's Something That Bothers Me.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

I remember being told back in the day about a certain man-law that shouldn't be broken. But here is an addition that i would like to add:

" You are not suppose to date your friend's Ex-Girl friend....Or your friend's youger sister.

Here's the story behind it. Hopefully you guys can understand what I am about to type. Fictional names are involved in this, and will be stated for understanding purposes.

I have a 17 year old sister (Katie) who has been dating some kid (David) for 3 years now. Katie has always said that my friends were cute and they all blew her off and never acted on anything. Now, i have a ex-friend (ryan) that i work with and we were friends for a couple years. Ryan met my sister about 3 months ago when i had a few people over at the house and they talked about his little sister (Savanna) being the same age. Over the few months, Katie and Savanna have been hanging out at my convience due to her not owning a car. About 3 weeks ago, Ryan gives Katie his phone number so that she can get in contact with Savanna. (I knew what he was trying to do right then). So, another week pasts and i am helping dogwatch for another friend. Ryan and myself are sitting in the living room and then he gets a call from my sister and disappears for 2 hours while i am sitting alone in the living room bored out of my mind. I walk out about to leave and he comes out of the room acting like nothign happened and trying to be cool with me. I tell him i don't respect what they were doing and told him not to call her. Apparently for the next few days they talk back and forth constantly ( keep in my mind that she is still dating a guy who is pretty cool to begin with and has never tryed to harm her, or even pressure her into anything). to get through this, they keep talking constantly while my sister plays it cool with her current boyfriend of 3 years like nothing is wrong.

I explain my disapproval and how this is disrespectfult to the friendship that was there due to them doing it after everyone has told them not to do this and i get spit on for it. I have told my sister constantly to end it with the current guy if she wants to pursue this with Ryan.

Also, Ryan believes that thi swill all blow over and we will be "the best of Friends again" (direct quote).

Man.....i feel like i am in high school again from just typing this and should probably shoot myself for doing so.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks. End Rant.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:32 PM

dating friends sisters is open territory. too many veriables involved to say its off limits.

but as long as there just talking, theres really nothing you have to worry about. guys and girls can be just friends. most of my friends are females in all truth. there just easier to get along with then guys and not as judgemental. and if your sis and ryan do hook up, id be telling her b/f that day though, and getting in your sisters/ and ryans face.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Meh, as far as I'm concerned you have veto power.

The way it works with my younger sister is if she's interested in a guy I know/am friends with I'll either tell her to go for it if it's a good guy or explain to her that she shouldn't date him for whatever reason I happen to have. Since she trusts me she'll usually listen to that. If not, step 2 is ask the guy to back off. If he doesn't, step 3 is kick his ass.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:41 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

i think its a matterof respect with youre friend. if youre friend is cool with it and you can all be adults its cool to date if not you shouldnt. but the hwole leading the boyfriend on thing is pretty messed up. id go get him a beer and let him know whats going on and explian to him how not to be rash and how to keep youre sis if he really loves or cares for her. having a little sister i am protective so ya... thats how i feel, you should do what i do when they would call the house anser the phone "Are you Porkin my sister @ssh%$e" its pretty funny and scares them off and cna keep bill collecters from bothering you for a week
Old 12-03-2006, 11:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Naa dude i completely agree with you. Your sister is making an f-ed up decision. If shes not happy with mr. 3years, she should break up with him. You dont do that to people. Thats as bad as cheating, you dont gotta have sex to cheat... Atleast thats how I feel
Old 12-03-2006, 11:56 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

My ex girlfriend was doing the exact same thing that your sister is doing to her boyfriend with Ryan. I am one of those guys that doesn't care if you talk to another guy but as soon as it turns into flirtatious its gone to far. The worst thing she could do is keep it behind his back its just a horrible thing to do, and why i broke up with my ex, i caught her talking with some guy that i thought was my friend about how much "fun they were going have next week and i asked her about but she denied it completely so i ended our 2 year relationship.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:00 AM

I really can't say anything, I ended up married to my best freinds younger sister and he was the best man at our wedding, it's nice that my brother in law, childrens favorite uncle and best freind are all the same person, I did steal her away from her boyfreind at the time but everyone was glad I did cause he was a real ass.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:28 AM

One of my Best Freinds sisters had something for me one time but I just didnt do anything about it, just because I thought that freind's sisters are off limit. Later on stuff did kinda happen between us (Her and I,) but never did go on a date or anything... He hasn't found about that stuff and I hope he doesnt because I'd get the Shit kicked outta me.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:41 AM

Drewinator, I feel the same way... infact thats exactly what my ex did to me.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:50 AM

whats that saying? "all's fair in love and war".

When I moved to columbus I was friends with a guy at church for a month or so and started dating his sister. Once he found out he didn't talk to me till we got married. Never really got mad and said anything to me though... I admit though I should have talked to him about it. But even though I wanted to ask her out she ended up asking me first (I was worried about the whole friends thing) so it was 3 months before he found out!! yeah, not sure how that happened, I thought he knew after a week or so.