The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Hahahaa@#speedf...

Old 08-20-2005, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Tim's reply in his GB Feeler, to a member waiting 7 months for his parts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Anything not dealing with this thread will be deleted. Questions regaurding other matters use my forum, like I have said numerous times.</div>

What if you do use his forum numerous times to numerously try to get somekind of a response or just a sign, a piece, a chunk of metal from him. He's not a good businessman. period. If Paypal knit picked its customers would it be the easiest most trusted and safest way to wire money online? Tim doesn't understand that customers always come first no matter what. And his prices are quite high. Remember his parts have not gone through fabrication, dyno testing, performance and endurance testing like big companies do to ensure the highest quality and performance. No warranty either! Plus, if not all of the parts come, you try to get a hold of him he's not going to be there for you when you most need him.

Take for example, David at Kspec. You post a topic, who answers it within a day? Who is the one you can ALWAYS count on to give you an educated response to an inquiry. That's business. That's care. If your part isn't shipped within days of your order, David takes care of you even when he's got thousands of inquiries to answer and parts to ship, fix, match...you name it. Tim, should have a warranty just like the manufacturer he's supporting. Well, he doesn't.

Why is he looking for money now when he had dozens of it right here? He did not tend to the money and now it's gone and he want's more because he doesn't have it. So he's forum hopping because he wants free money. I'm sorry to put it this way, he's probably a nice guy and his welds have definitely improved, but he's not a good businessman and if he doesn't have the time to regard his own customers, charge them a lot for simple things, then he will continue to screw people of their time and money. I'm sorry again but if I were Tim, starting a new business, I'd give rock-bottom prices for everyone, and charge my first customers steals and work extra hard even if it means only earning a few dollars at a time.

i hope people at hp.com know what they're getting into. if not, then let's not get involved. i wish him progress, a business class or degree in college, and prosperity in his craftsmanship.

One last thing, here's no bashing here, there's just the truth. Bashing would be like, "your mom's so fat..." The truth...well it's the history, not myth.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:34 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

what im worried about is this

a customer pays hp.com for a turbo kit

hp.com pays tim for it

now what is rob going to do when months later tim hasnt delivered? refund money? even if you are forced to refund money its bad customer service because of the fact that the customer was let down by a company
and this isnt like some cheap bulbs or even brake pads and such
this is a few grand

how long would it take for any of us to come up with 1900 to spare?
i could do it but it would take me a long time

now imagine you have put this 1900 in the hands of someone else in hopes of getting what you have fought to earn only to have it handed back because some jack couldnt deliver

i hope rob knows what hes doin hes a really cool guy sad.gif
Old 08-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

hm... could this be what makes HP get the same reputation that SR has?
Old 08-21-2005, 01:29 AM

holy crap thats sum nasty welds. im loving his dump pimp fix.

i hope no one gives this guy money for shady work that hes putting out
Old 08-22-2005, 01:11 AM

WHAT SHITTY PARTS!

GOOD HEAVENS!
Old 08-22-2005, 03:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JonGTR @ Aug 20 2005, 05:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>And what we're doing is called preventing friends from getting screwed. You may not care about the community but we do. It doesn't matter if it's on another forum or not. Most of the people here are also on that forum.
What you said is pretty f***ed up and selfish. You care about nothing but yourself. The point of these forums is to help one another, not let the disease spread.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

No offence, but I've been out for some time. I rememberd (I think) reading somewhere that ppl named Tim from speed-factor to be the one to contact for a turbo setup. Do ppl here have bad experience with him?

Kit looks nice, not real expensive. I'm still going for the V6 gen3, but reading all this stuff I'm really wanting a turbo setup.
I just got some questions.

Is this a complete kit, if you buy this you don't have to buy ANYTHING else to get it to work (on 4/5 psi).
How much work is it to install ? how much hours would it take like a shop to install it.

How heavy would it all be. I'm in Europe and I would need to get it shipped over here.

Or would it be cheaper to contact a shop around here and let them do a custom setup? (If I get it shipped I would pay like shipping costs, taxes and all that kind of crap)
Old 08-22-2005, 03:39 AM

dude.. have you read the thread?
lol

check out newtiburon.com or hyundaiperformance.com if you want his kit.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:05 AM

<span style="color:red">Please do not quote the post above yours, it takes up way too much room and clutters up the screen. Use the "Add Reply" button at the bottom of the thread in future posts. cool.gif ~ majikTib </span>

No not really, part of why I was asking the question laugh.gif

I'm not on hp.com and on newtiburon.com they usually talk about the gen3 types
Old 08-22-2005, 05:12 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Viper, please read this entire thread. There have been serious issues with Tim and his customers, and the quality of his turbo setups. The only advice I can give you is to listen to the feedback from his customers. You're fairly new to the site, but I'll tell you now that JAWS is one of the most dedicated tuners in the community, as well as Random, REDZ, and JonGTR. I'd listed to what they have to say.

I would direct questions about the kit to the Hyundai Performance forums. It's a forum for All Hyundai's, not just Tiburons

Oh yeah... and please stop quoting the post directly before yours. It's fine if it's a few replies up, but not when it immediately precedes your post. cool.gif Thank you, and enjoy your stay
Old 08-22-2005, 06:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I gave him a 6 MONTH deadline to make a manifold. He waited until the last minute to make it, gave me a bunch of lies, and didn't have it in time. I wanted it for a specific weekend, gave him plenty of notice and he failed.

And to top it all off, he really didn't care about my deadline at all. It wasn't until he got a letter from from me and the BBB a week before the deadline, that he started working on it.

Money sent on Jan 18th.
Bullshit of excuses through July.
Tim gets a letter from the Better Business Bureau on July 3rd.
I get my manifold on July 11, 05.

Guess you gotta crack the whip. whipped.gif