The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Great First Impresion......

Old 10-31-2009, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Set red post as visible. His opinion shouldn't be hidden. If both parties want to leave it as is and resolve their differences in PM's, than this thread can be left open for others to comment.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:55 PM

It is encroaching on 1:00am here, and the wife is still getting over the flu. For the betterment of the forum and this thread, I will cease and desist from any future posts in this thread. Jeremy is part of the staff, and as such is allowed to have his last word in our disagreement.

RDTiburon is still the best RD forum there is, and NT is still a pile of fail. It is my hope that the staff considers the treatment of members (both new and old) a bit more carefully in the future.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ScoupeLS @ Oct 31 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i don't care if i get warned......this are the things that makes me feel like leaving the scene....... chase away the "new" people b/c they don't search and when some staff don't like what someone says the thread gets locked before that person can defend them self.... im amazed that this thread haven't been locked yet.

i have learned a lot on this forum and always try to help anyone regardless if the question have been answered a google times. instead of answering the question to who ever ask, that person gets b****ed that its been answered thousands of time, search and bam locked.

sorry but i have seen this go on for a while and never say anything, but that doesnt mean i agree with the method.</div>

Why would you be warned?

See, this is what I don't understand. The forums work well, folks are in the SB right now talking about how well the site runs and how they don't understand this arguing, but you think you are going to be warned.

Why?

No one has been chased away. No one here is running after noobs with pitchforks and torches, even on halloween. New members show up, and either follow the rules or don't. Some stay, some leave, like EVERY OTHER SITE ON THE INTERNET. If you can't take someone telling you to search, you won't last on ANY forums, and most forums are worse than us about it.

The person who opened the thread is not in any trouble and has the right to "defend" himself. From what? I have no clue. Unless he and Red is the same person, which is always possible, he is welcome to post more. This thread has no reason to be locked yet, at all. The personal stuff between me and red doesn't need to be here, and him constantly posting the same stuff over and over about me doesn't help either side.

You ask why??

I'll tell you why. Because once you get asked by the 8000th 1st poster, what CAI is best, and they didn't even search, you get tired of answering the same questions. This is why there IS a search. This is why there IS a FAQ. When you can tell that folks aren't using it, then you push them towards it. I help and spoon feed some too. If it is clear that someone has taken the time to try to look for the info, I and others are more than likely to help them.

Those that don't, are those selling their cars on ebay in another month or two.

How do we know? 6 frigging years of dealing with it, THAT IS HOW.

If Red wants to talk to me, he knows how to get a hold of me. Always have.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:08 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

okay mang you are the admin here... is how you say it is.

buena suerte manteniendo este foro con tu arrogancia y forma de tratar a la gente, buenas noches.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Tanc is right, I'll go make it visible again, it just doesn't belong here.

Red is also right, he's helped me a lot in the past, and so did Random back in his days.

I do miss those days, but things that have happened here, for good and bad, have shaped these forums. Look back and yes, search some, you'll see we have threads like this once or twice a year, everyone vents, someone starts a new site, and we all move on. These threads are always started by someone within about a week of their joining or first posting. Some become valuable contributors to the site and help everyone out, others don't and sell the neons they just bought and buy a Honda.

My last comment in here for now is this, and I've said it before...

If there is an argument between the staff and a member, the member WILL be temp banned. We've done this for years, and that is what happened to Red that day. The staff runs the site, no matter the level of staff member, they are expected to be here, doing their jobs, so they will not be the ones leaving the site in an argument, it'll be the other member.

When everyone cools down, everything is fine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ScoupeLS @ Oct 31 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>okay mang you are the admin here... is how you say it is.

buena suerte manteniendo este foro con tu arrogancia y forma de tratar a la gente, buenas noches.</div>

Translates to...

<span style="color:#FF0000">good luck maintaining this forum with your arrogance and forms to treat people, good night.
</span>

That's classy bro. I don't need the luck, these forums have been managed fine for over 6 years now.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:18 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

the thread opener is a member from www.carrito.net like myself, juanra and turbulence_rd2. yep, the same puerto ricans that don't share their hyundai knowledge.

he was asking how to do the 5 lug swap the right way and avoid the ghetto way that its done in the island. re-drilling the stock hubs and rotors.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: Tiburon 2001

correction, this is my first disaster thread.

what an efing 5hit5torm!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i 'am a noob. yes i read the instructions (you have if you want to post). and NO i didnt search for similar topics. why? because i didnt feel like it. i much rather ask a question and get a straight answer from anyone willing to help. if it was the "wrong" thing to do, i am sorry, but honestly i feel that i didint deserve the hellfire i got and still getting t from the mods and other members. but i dont really truly care to get b****ed at here, its not worth it, i will still sleep fine today. like i said before a quick steer in the right direction and that would have been it, ths thread wouldnt even exist.

fortunenetly i wont be selling my car, i wont be leaving the site and you will still be seeing me around for years to come....

with regards to you REDZMAN, it seems that your problems arent just with me but from what i have searched (yey i searched!!!!) you have problems with a lot of people, and theres others that are not fans of yours. my sugestion is to take a chill pill, relax a bit bro its not worth getting an anurism over cyber problems
Old 11-01-2009, 07:06 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlphaX3 @ Nov 1 2009, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>NO i didnt search for similar topics. why? because i didnt feel like it. i much rather ask a question and get a straight answer from anyone willing to help.</div>

I agree with red's and tanc's points in this thread. But you also have to understand that if EVERY new member who wanted to know (for example) "what's the cheapest way to get +5hp?" would make a new thread and ask that because they "didnt feel like searching", the site would become a huge boring mess. It's common sense to see if there is a thread on what you want to ask already. In your particular case, the search wouldn't have worked out too well and the 5-lug swap thread was closed anyway lol but hopefully you see my point.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

You weren't b****ed at Alpha. You just happened to be in the crossfire between two other members.

I don't like your attitude, both in this thread and the other one. You're new here, try to lay low for a little while before you start attacking people. With the way you handle yourself here, being brand new, many members might just give a big f*** you and be on their way.

You didn't get "hellfire" from anyone. Reread the threads again. You weren't b****ed at. If you feel it's not worth it, we won't miss you if you decide to leave.

I hope you stay, and learn to interact well with our members. Again, these threads weren't an attack on you, it's just some rough tension between other members. It should not have been aired out in these threads, but it was.

Edit: thank you radu. Several people have already said it, but for some reason this noob still doesn't get it.

Alpha - something tells me you're on your way to a lot of warnings. That's just my first impression of you.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:16 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

Again, while I think Jeremy can be a real ass sometimes. I would hate to have people sending me messages via PM or AIM asking the same damn questions. This doesn't mean I support his way of telling people.

What has this site come to? I know forums of old we're never like this in the Hyundai scene. We should all be happy to have a forum to go to and to have a place of knowledge, especially for the RD. I don't post often much anymore for this reason.

Idea:Why not make a PM sent out to people who join with some links to the rules and search feature. I'm not sure if this is incorporated or not, but I think would alleviate some issues with newer members asking the same thing over and over.