The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Got Ripped Off $1,400.00! Ahhhhhhh!

Old 10-31-2005, 09:28 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok,

This is a first for posting in this section. I am usually a very calm and collected person, even when things go wrong.

Today I found out that a vehicle warranty I purchased for the car two years ago is completely bogus! 02.gif The company went out of business and took off with all the money. There is currently a class action suit in Arizona that is trying to resolve the situation. Apparently there are many claims against this company.

I have never been ripped off before and this shit sucks! half of me is pissed that I lost all that money, but the other half is pissed because most people who do this PLAN to do this! Who plan to do this from the beginning. Who plan to just take a bunch of honest working people's money. f***ing morons.

If you plan on purchasing a warrenty for your car, which is probably few of you since our cars are now getting to old to purchase warranties for, beware!!! I researched this company before I purchased it, it had good reviews, I emailed some of their customers, they were all happy, and this shit still happens.

In the event that their is someone with the same warranty that I purchased out their and you havent had to use your warranty yet, the company name is Autoconnection.com. If you have a warranty from this company, PM me so I can get you in touch with the Attorney Generals office in Arizona.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

Damn that sucks.
I'm sure it will get resolved sooner or later though...

But I am wondering why you didn't just stick with Hyundai's 10yr/100k warranty? That should be plenty..
Old 10-31-2005, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

man, sorry to here that. hope you can somehow get out of this and be ahead. Why cant people just make money honestly?

maybe he's not the original owner?
Old 10-31-2005, 10:12 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

WTF! No way mang...

I hope you get this all sorted out and your money back. Do you have recrds of who you spoke with? This wasn't all done over the iternet was it?

like an address, phone #'s, first and last names used (even if they were fake). etc.

catch those bastids....

and why is case in Arizona instead of your home-state? make sure this lawsuit aint bogus too.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Those guys give warranty for used cars? it's lame, how the hell they know in what condition the car is!?

You can nuy that warranty for problemfull car and they will repair it? nah, I don't think so.

sorry to hear about your problem, I hope things will go better for you!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:46 AM

That sucks man sorry to hear about that. Hope you get your cash back...Then take all the money and buy a can of C4, Bandaids, remote detinator and a package of handtowles and blow the piss out of that person.

haha.gif HAHA I said "blow the piss out of that person"
Old 10-31-2005, 11:00 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Oct 31 2005, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Damn that sucks.
I'm sure it will get resolved sooner or later though...

But I am wondering why you didn't just stick with Hyundai's 10yr/100k warranty? That should be plenty..</div>

Hyundai's 10yr/100k warranty is powertrain only, bumper to bumper ends at 60kmiles. I also have an extended warranty (not same company as tibbytib) that extends bumper to bumper coverage up to 100kmiles that I have already got my money's worth for (starter, window regulators, engine mounts)
Old 10-31-2005, 03:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah, it was a site online that I ordered it from. I do have the address and correspondence in my records though. My brother purchased a warranty for his used Camaro, not by the same company of course, and he actually had them replace his blown engine. (blew two years after he purchased his warranty) If you find a legit warranty place, they do work and you can purchase them for used cars.

Yeah, this sucks. I've tried to hit up Paypal for the buyer protection, but they are trying to say that because it wasn't a tangible good, that they can't help me. Also tried my credit card company, Chase, and they say they really cant do anything because I used a third party money transfer company (Paypal) to pay another third party for a waraanty. Just more f***ing loop holes that keep telling me I got screwed and that nobody is responsible, even if they claim buyer protection and fraud protection. Not only do I feel like I got majorly ripped off by this warranty company, now the financial companys I made sure to use thinking I would be protected are telling me I am shit out of luck.

I guess I will end up filing a small claims suit against them, whatever that will do, and end up sending my materials to the Attorney general's office in Phoenix. Couldn't have happened at a worse time as well. Not only do I need to replace struts and get an alignment, I also need to replace my bearings in the front passenger hub. I was planning on using my warranty for the bearing work. Its a good thing all Mondays aren't like this. LOL.

Thanks for all the support.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:56 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

call the BBB and ask them what recourse you have homie.

" getting the shotgun ready"

do we need to go on a covert op

also contact a lawyer on the matter , do yo have a recipt??? paperwork
this will help too
Old 10-31-2005, 07:10 PM

That's a lot of money. I hope you get every penny back and then some.