The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Got My First Speeding Ticket Last Night...

Old 06-10-2008, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

my last ticket was oct 06 and it was 46 in 25...reckless driving in VA..had to pay 365 and had suspend jail time...

that ticket was 865 bucks (500 for lawyer+365 in fines)...

before that i got a doing 62 in a 45...that was 175, if the cop would have caught me 10 minutes earlier i would have been in jail...lets just say that
Old 06-10-2008, 04:47 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

$865 for 46 in 25?! Suspend jail time?! I'm surprised they don't shoot you right away. 30mph over? BOOM headshot
Old 06-10-2008, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

^^^

46 minus 25 equals 21...

in Hampton Roads area of Virginia...they give jail time for reckless driving...20mph and over is reckless
Old 06-11-2008, 01:45 AM

heh, you guys wanna know something REALLY stupid? here's something my dad told me, with my brother to back up his story

sometime few years back, on double-lane HWY 169, my dad was coming home from work, with my brother from the cities to visit us, and on HWY169 - the speed limit is 65, but sure enough, everybody else on the road was going between 80 - 90 mph.
my dad, with a few tickets and accidents here and there in his life, was actually going 68, which is just 3 miles over the limit right? well. here's the stupidest thing ever:: he saw disco lights behind him, he pulled over thinking the cop probably gonna pull over someone who sped by him eariler, but the cop was actually pulling over my dad!! clearly dad and my brother were confused
the cop walked over to my dad, and said:
<span style="color:#FF0000">cop</span> "sir, you realize you're driving at 68mph?"
<span style="color:#0000FF">dad</span> "of course, i know i'm just a little over the limit"
<span style="color:#FF0000">cop</span> "well sir, i'm afraid you're gonna have to pick up the pace, and keep up with the traffic, have a nice day"
literally, my mom, my other brother, and me all dropped our jaws. we couldn't believe that a cop even told someone to drive faster than the speed limit. amazing how stupid cop can get these days.

here's another story (this's a funny one)

my MOM was coming home late at night from work, clearly it's dark outside, and the only thing you can see of other cars are their lights, right? kinda hard to see what kind of car it is ahead or behind you, my mom was pretty much going the limits (my family are the kind that don't like risk getting caught, ergo, we all do the limit, or maximum of 5 over) and then a car came up behind her, literally tailgating her, even so much as bumped into her rear bumper, so she freaked out, thought it might've been a pervert trying to get to her or something, so she sped up to 70.
not long, there goes that stupid ol' disco lights. mom was stricken, and as you can imagine, PISSED. so she of course pulled over, as soon as the cop came out, (and this is the part that made me laugh) she herself got out, cop asked "you wanna know why i'm pulling you over?" she not answered but yelled "YEA BECAUSE I WAS SPEEDING, BUT YOU WANNA KNOW WHY I SPED!? BECAUSE <u>YOU</u> WERE TAILGATING ME, AND EVEN BUMPED MY CAR!!!! I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT'VE BEEN A SICK PERVERT TOYING WITH ME, SO I SPED TO GET THE HELL AWAY FROM YA. WHICH BY THE WAY I SHOULD SUE YOU BECAUSE I FULLY WELL KNOW IT'S AGAINST THE FEDERAL LAW TO HIT ANOTHER CAR! so you wanna write me up that ticket officer, so i can tell the judge exactly what happened?"
she looked at her car, back at him, and so he let her go without a ticket, not even a warning.
when she finally came home, i was staying at her house that week, she told me the story, and i went outside. yup, sure enough there's cop bumper-frame damages to it -cracked the right side, and left, the middle is just cracked paint.... i think she should still sue the cop, just to get the money to buy a nice car, and get rid of the ol' beater lmao.gif